Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6772 6773 [6774] 6775 6776 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790014 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101595 on: March 16, 2013, 12:00:21 am »

Also, if your mechanic gives you a list of things that needs fixing, check the price verses the cost of the vehicle.
That part might be a leeeeeetle difficult. Kelly Blue Book only appraises cars from 1993 and later :P

Closest thing I can get is a '93 model, which is worth about $1,200. So, I guess it's worth keeping, especially since, regular maintenance aside, this car has been pretty damn reliable through the years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101596 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:02 am »

If it runs down the road, it's probably at least $500. So yeah, almost certainly worth fixing for $500. The only thing that might reasonably bring it into question is whether the car is likely to break down and require more expensive fixes in the near future.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101597 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:22 am »

I'm hoping that this little repair bill will be it for at least a few years. The last major repair it needed was one I inflicted on it due to poor maintenance (I have since learned better), and that was probably six years ago.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101598 on: March 16, 2013, 12:08:14 am »

Thumbs up then~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101599 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:23 am »

Fingers crossed!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101600 on: March 16, 2013, 12:59:51 am »

What the hell kind of car do you have?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101601 on: March 16, 2013, 01:08:29 am »

I can't stop watching it. It's like crack. Thanks to Lorak for that.
The description of the video is fantastic. I can't stop laughing. And I can't stop watching.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101602 on: March 16, 2013, 01:09:31 am »

What the hell kind of car do you have?
It's a Mazda 2-door sedan with a manual 4-speed transmission and no extras of any kind. Only one wing mirror and until a year or so ago only one license plate. Literally older than me!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101603 on: March 16, 2013, 04:53:44 am »

Dat feel when you write something at least moderately good.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101604 on: March 16, 2013, 06:08:01 am »

Just got back from Canberras Skyfire event. Pretty awesome fireworks.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #101605 on: March 16, 2013, 07:48:43 am »

only one license plate.

Is this abnormal?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101606 on: March 16, 2013, 07:55:07 am »

Going out tonight and drinking too much. I don't do it often, but it should be fun, and I figured you guys would have some wise words for me.
A bit late, but you should always drink plenty of water to keep yourself going wait, no, that's sensible advice, what am I saying?! D:

Here, try this instead: if your friends are buying 'jugs' (or whatever your local term for them would be- basically large containers of beer from which a group of people refill their glasses), look at the size of glass they're drinking from (hopefully a 'pot') and go off by yourself and buy a larger beer.
Drink that, and then use the larger glass to fool your buddies and receive about twice as much beer as they do each refill! Yaay! :D
Of course, it might help if they are drunk to begin with, otherwise they might catch on to what you're doing...

I'm not sure if this advice is actually applicable where you are from, but meh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #101607 on: March 16, 2013, 08:03:01 am »

If you're (planning on getting) drunk, you don't need glasses if you have jugs. It's also more fun this way :D

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101608 on: March 16, 2013, 08:06:38 am »

basically large containers of beer from which a group of people refill their glasses
I think I just learnt something about Australian drinking habits next to the rest of the world. When we buy 3 litre jugs of beer, it is for ones personal use, and might not be the only one you have that night.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101609 on: March 16, 2013, 08:41:12 am »

Huh, weird... ??? I am Australian. I don't go out drinking all that often, but in my experience people usually share jugs.
Although three people go through a lot of those very quickly, of course. Especially when a place has $15 jugs. :P 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6772 6773 [6774] 6775 6776 ... 13325