Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6769 6770 [6771] 6772 6773 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791880 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101550 on: March 15, 2013, 09:05:48 am »

They can be a bit of a bitch in Dungeon Crawl - Stone soup at least.  :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101551 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:45 am »

Necrophage is actually a D&D critter, I think. There's one in Incursion, anyway.
S'also a critter in Battle for Wesnoth.

For a guardian class, there's the fairly cool Greek roots of aspis, "shield" and phylaxis, "act of guarding" (from which we get prophylactic and phylactery). Could make a suffix of -phyl.

Chronophyl (one who guards time?)
Pyrophyl
Necrophyl

Seems legit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #101552 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:39 am »

For a guardian class, there's the fairly cool Greek roots of aspis, "shield" and phylaxis, "act of guarding" (from which we get prophylactic and phylactery). Could make a suffix of -phyl.

Pyrophyl
Necrophyl

Seems legit.
Except that is resembles the -phile suffix a bit too much (which is not pronounced -phile but -phyl by all non-english-ancient-greek-speakers). And Necrophile as a mage class is not something you might want in your game. (or maybe it is, I'm not into current trends).

So you'll really want to use the "phylact" as a suffix.

Unless you were epically trolling him to use necrophyles, which I now ruined, sorry.  :-X

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101553 on: March 15, 2013, 09:24:45 am »

Pyrophyl
Necrophyl

Seems legit.
Except that is resembles the -phile suffix a bit too much (which is not pronounced -phile but -phyl by all non-english-ancient-greek-speakers). And Necrophile as a mage class is not something you might want in your game. (or maybe it is, I'm not into current trends).

Unless you were epically trolling him to use necrophyles, which I now ruined, sorry.  :-X

Hey, if you read "necromancer" in the right (wrong) way, you get a mix meaning "romancer of the dead".  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101554 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:59 am »

Pyrophyl
Necrophyl

Seems legit.

Actually, I think it would be better to use -phylax as a suffix. Although my grasp of Latin and Greek grammar is extremely tenuous.

EDIT: I'd be more worried about confusing it with -phyll, deriving from phyllos, "leaf". As in chlorophyll. Also, I'm thinking that that the intended -phyl or -phylax would be someone who guards against (or contains) the root word, rather than a guardian of. I'm also thinking -phylax would be an object rather than a person. A daimonophylax would be a fancy name for Sealed Evil in a Can (or at least, the can part).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:41:32 am by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #101555 on: March 15, 2013, 09:43:23 am »

This whole discussion is really cool. It is my current happy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101557 on: March 15, 2013, 10:40:09 am »

Necrophyl is just a little  bit close to necrophile...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101558 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:09 am »

Necrophyl is just a little  bit close to necrophile...
Yes, it's been noted.  ???

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101559 on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:17 am »

Necrophilophagophylocrat - the one who rules by defending against eaters of corpse lovers.

I'm not sure what we're doing here, but it's got potential.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #101560 on: March 15, 2013, 11:27:54 am »

Necrophilophagophylocrat - the one who rules by defending against eaters of corpse lovers.

I'm not sure what we're doing here, but it's got potential.
We must generate this... We have the technology!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101561 on: March 15, 2013, 11:32:36 am »

Had to do something with audacity for music class today. Nobody really knew WHAT tough, so I just solved various problems that happened in the class. Why the fuck am I playing IT guy. One hilarious thing happened tough. One guy's computer wouldn't detect any bootable devices. So I tried restarting and the "press key" option, but ended up just going into BIOS setup because nothing worked. It asked for a "CURRENT password". I randomly typed garbage and had nearly accepted that I wouldn't get in, when I suddenly pressed enter twice. The password was nothing at all. Smaaart. I fiddled around with the boot settings, but didn't find anything wrong nor changed anything, so I just exitted and it worked. Somehow.

(Note: our school uses servers to store everything students save on their computers, so I don't exactly know what is local and what is on the server. Altough it gives you a screen where you can choose from 2 versions of Ubuntu and Win7 at startup.)
(I also just took the SS13 lobby music, a rock track and a sonic track and mashed them togheter with some fade in/outs.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101562 on: March 15, 2013, 11:41:44 am »

Been saddled with solving a chronic technical issue popping up at sites all over the country. Thus, obviously a systemic problem not a client problem. Got it narrowed down to one system that's probably causing the issue. System admin keeps blowing me off. Got another admin involved in the email thread. 2nd admin agrees with me, directs 1st admin to check some things.

Admin 1 responds back that he'll get around to it, he's got higher priority stuff to deal with (this is after I've told him that senior ATF management are peppering me about this).

Admin 2 responds that this *is* a high priority issue.

Admin 1 responds with "I'll check what I can, when I can."

Admin 2 responds with "Who's your boss? I got to get these priorities changed."

Admin 1 meekly answers and CC's his boss into the email chain.

I owe Admin 2 a case of beer. Getting served like a boss. LITERALLY.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101563 on: March 15, 2013, 12:23:17 pm »

Better yet, make him these : http://www.ericasweettooth.com/2011/07/watermelon-lime-jello-shots.html

Awesome idea that can be done with pretty much any fruit that has a thicker peel (correct term?).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #101564 on: March 15, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »

Been saddled with solving a chronic technical issue popping up at sites all over the country. Thus, obviously a systemic problem not a client problem. Got it narrowed down to one system that's probably causing the issue. System admin keeps blowing me off. Got another admin involved in the email thread. 2nd admin agrees with me, directs 1st admin to check some things.

Admin 1 responds back that he'll get around to it, he's got higher priority stuff to deal with (this is after I've told him that senior ATF management are peppering me about this).

Admin 2 responds that this *is* a high priority issue.

Admin 1 responds with "I'll check what I can, when I can."

Admin 2 responds with "Who's your boss? I got to get these priorities changed."

Admin 1 meekly answers and CC's his boss into the email chain.

I owe Admin 2 a case of beer. Getting served like a boss. LITERALLY.

It's boss when your boss understands you. :D
Pages: 1 ... 6769 6770 [6771] 6772 6773 ... 13325