Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6760 6761 [6762] 6763 6764 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795506 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101415 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »

Finish season 3 of How I met Your Mother.
And season 4.

Hmm. I should do something different than watching tv series all day :/

Still, great show :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101416 on: March 14, 2013, 04:39:26 pm »

. . . Apparently I've gotten a phone interview with a company.  Huh.

That was unexpectedly quick.  I guess the personality type test they made me take turned out well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #101417 on: March 14, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »

That was unexpectedly quick.  I guess the personality type test they made me take turned out well.

Its been my experience that "personality tests" by employers are about finding out just how much they can get away with taking advantage of you by low balling your pay and pressuring you to increase performance for the benefit of people other than yourself. But then again, I am rarely called an optimist.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #101418 on: March 14, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »

I think if you're going to work for a large company, you can expect everything they do to be about exactly that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101419 on: March 14, 2013, 04:52:23 pm »

Its been my experience that "personality tests" by employers are about finding out just how much they can get away with taking advantage of you by low balling your pay and pressuring you to increase performance for the benefit of people other than yourself. But then again, I am rarely called an optimist.
If it means getting a job...who cares?

I've been searching for months and have filled out literally a hundred of these tests and applications without so much as a "sorry, not interested" email. I'm insanely jelly of Vector right now and she hasn't even been offered anything yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101420 on: March 14, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

Yeah, um.  See, I'm single, and will probably be single for the foreseeable future.  I also spend almost no money on leisure and grew up eating beans and rice for dinner every night.  Almost everything I own is used.  I have very little in the way of responsibilities

What I want is a highly demanding intellectual job I can do for two years, grow to hate with a burning, fiery passion while saving a reasonable amount of money, and then leave for grad school and never look back.

And yes, I'm pretty happy that I'm getting a callback for a job for which I didn't even bother to write a frickin' cover letter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101421 on: March 14, 2013, 06:22:36 pm »

Awesome. :D Awesome awesome awesome. :3

So. New chick is taking over my LF's position at our job. And she's a cute redhead about my age. So. Today was the first day I worked with her, and it was perfect. I was all like, sauve and just engaged enough to appear interested but not too engaged so I didn't look creepy. And I was appropriately professional for being at work, whilst still working in some minor flirty things. I only helped sack for her when it made logical sense to help her (biggest cart, people wanted paper, that kind of thing).
About three quarters through the day, I come up to bag and she says, "You are my favorite person of the year. Other than my aunt (who got her the job)" Also, before this, she messed up typing something three times in a row and said, "It must be you. You're probably making me nervous." But in the good way, because she was smiling.

I'm soooooooo exciiiiiiited now. :) Because I didn't freak out talking to a pretty woman whom I didn't know and also didn't make an ass of myself. And also I think she likes me. :3

Is there a smiley that convey how excited I am right now?  8)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101422 on: March 14, 2013, 06:24:37 pm »

Now, if people would stop calling it the "God Particle," everyone with a genuine interest in science would be a whole lot happier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Higgs
He is displeased that the Higgs particle is nicknamed the "God particle",as he believes the term "might offend people who are religious".Usually this nickname for the Higgs boson is attributed to Leon Lederman, the author of the book The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?, but the name is the result of the insistence of Lederman's publisher: Lederman had originally intended to refer to it as the "goddamn particle".
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101423 on: March 14, 2013, 06:25:29 pm »

Sometimes Very often I want to be Hanslanda :p
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #101424 on: March 14, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »

Don't lie to us Haspen. We all know you want to be that redhead :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101425 on: March 14, 2013, 06:29:13 pm »

Considering it would be Hanslanda who would be flirting with me, I can agree to that as well C:
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101426 on: March 14, 2013, 06:30:59 pm »

I'm like, spazzing out, I'm so excited right now. :3 

Considering it would be Hanslanda who would be flirting with me, I can agree to that as well C:

Hehe, I'll flirt with you right now (but let's not do that in Bay12, it makes people uncomfortable :x ) but it's different cuz I'm a boy that likes girls.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101427 on: March 14, 2013, 06:38:10 pm »

* Haspen swoons, drops dead.
SigFlags!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101428 on: March 14, 2013, 06:40:12 pm »

* Haspen swoons, drops dead.

I killed Haspen by offering to flirt. Oh god, and I actually DID flirt with the redheaded girl!

* Hans runs to the phone and calls 911
He's fucking with us.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101429 on: March 14, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »

And that is the story of how Hans learnt that he has the most double edged super power ever... And he went on to become super-smexy, chatting up evil where ever it may be.
Pages: 1 ... 6760 6761 [6762] 6763 6764 ... 13325