Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6753 6754 [6755] 6756 6757 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797886 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101310 on: March 13, 2013, 06:22:11 am »

Less than a week until MH3U. I am pumped.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101311 on: March 13, 2013, 06:50:42 am »

I have a friend who left some time last year to Washington for work(I live in California). We had a "farewell" D&D session that night. It was pretty cool.
Anyway, we still had contact with each other via Facebook and Skype, but his internet hours were extremely limited because of his crappy ISP. Earlier today, he messaged my other friend who I live with that he was at someone's house who had XBox Live Gold and Borderlands 2, which meant we could play together. My other friend bursts out of his room happily to tell me to find a save point, as I was playing some JRPG, so we could play Borderlands with our friend. I quickly just leave the game so we could set up for this.
A minute later, our friend who was supposed to be in Washington comes in the door and asks "How's Borderlands going?" It ends up he was at someone's house who had BL2. Quite an awesome day.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101312 on: March 13, 2013, 07:34:52 am »

Anybody been playing Heart of the Swarm lately?
Campaign has the most adorable love story going on... I hope it stays that way. Oh Jimmy, you romantic hunk of man marine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101313 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:35 am »

Anybody been playing Heart of the Swarm lately?
Campaign has the most adorable love story going on... I hope it stays that way. Oh Jimmy, you romantic hunk of man marine.
I'm now recommending this review to my brother who is nearly done downloading the game patch.

But yeah, love the story on how everyone from all branches of Starcraft come together in the game. Jim Raynor is one guy to emulate :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #101314 on: March 13, 2013, 07:44:30 am »

"You pig."
"What?! I didn't even say anything!"
"Yeah, but you were thinking it."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101315 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:13 am »

Oh come on, that was totally flirting and you know it. We know what Kerrigan is like.

"Clean, simple, devious. I like it."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101316 on: March 13, 2013, 07:55:28 am »

[Spoilers]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101317 on: March 13, 2013, 08:25:16 am »

Nifty. Those are like mine in reverse (hers are green outer, brown inner).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101318 on: March 13, 2013, 09:39:31 am »

Wait. That's notable? Mine are similar to the image, but the green band is slightly thinner. Also, I've got quite a few of those little darker-colored specs that are apparently bits of fat or something, but look interesting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101319 on: March 13, 2013, 10:09:38 am »

Wait. That's notable? Mine are similar to the image, but the green band is slightly thinner. Also, I've got quite a few of those little darker-colored specs that are apparently bits of fat or something, but look interesting.
It's called central heterochromia. It's actually a lot more common than people realize (see below -- hazel is heterochromic by definition), but tends to go unnoticed in a lot of cases because the two colors don't have high contrast (ex. olive green/brown). Far more noticeable when it's blue/brown or blue/green.

Fun eye facts: There is no "blue pigment" in human eyes. Blue eyes are in fact unpigmented eyes (or eyes with very low levels of pigment), and the blue color comes from Rayleigh scattering of shortwave frequencies in reflected light (the same effect that causes the sky to be blue).

Grey eyes are similarly unpigmented but have more collagen in the iris, which causes Mie scattering (the same effect that causes a grey sky on overcast or foggy days).

The only pigments in human eyes are melanin (brown/black) and lipochrome (yellow).

Green is a combination of small amounts of melanin and/or lipochrome combined with a moderate amount of Rayleigh scattering. Yellow/brown + blue = green.

Amber is a mixture of melanin and lipochrome (brown + yelllow).

Hazel is essentially heterochromic by definition, as it results when the melanin deposition forms a gradient, causing the melanin/Rayleigh scattering combination of green to transition to higher levels of melanin (and conversely lower levels of scattering and reflection by higher wavelengths) resulting in brown.

EDIT: This is also why most Caucasian babies (especially those of Northern European ancestry) are born with blue eyes initially -- no melanin. The melanocytes develop a few months after birth and begin producing melanin, causing the eyes to change color. Other ethnotypes have higher levels of melanin overall, and thus are typically born with melanin already present in the iris.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:30:22 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #101320 on: March 13, 2013, 10:19:05 am »

I'm late to the party, but greetings to Wolfeyez.

It is only entertaining if you are very invested in a team, very drunk AND enjoy watching people get into fights.
Somehow, despite these multiple conditions, it is very popular...

Because you just described most sports fans.  :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101322 on: March 13, 2013, 10:33:01 am »

That was amazing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101323 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:32 am »

That was amazing.

+1

Gods, the nostalgia...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101324 on: March 13, 2013, 10:39:43 am »

That was amazing.

+1

Gods, the nostalgia...
My thoughts exactly when I first watched it, it reminded me so much of the cheesy fantasy shows I used to watch as a kid, like that one that was power rangers but in medieval times.
Pages: 1 ... 6753 6754 [6755] 6756 6757 ... 13325