Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6750 6751 [6752] 6753 6754 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799019 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101265 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:29 pm »

Reading about transuranic elements made me feel pleased.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101266 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:44 pm »

I can haz hazel (i.e. olive green/brown) eyes. Mine are concentric heterochromic (olive interior, brown exterior). Green part seems to be larger in the summer, brown part in the winter.

@misko: Depends on when in 1942.
Japan made significant land gains in SE Asia in the first few months of the year, the Phillipines are lost by early May.
Germany gains Sevastopol and the Crimea by mid-year.
North Africa goes back and forth between El Alamein and Tobruk.
Towards the end of the year, the Vichy French in Algiers and Morocco switch sides to the Allies.

If I had time, I could crunch some rough numbers......

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101267 on: March 12, 2013, 08:11:00 pm »

You guys are great, you know that? I really appreciate the welcome mat. Stuff like that is why this is my internet home. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101268 on: March 12, 2013, 08:11:13 pm »

I can haz hazel (i.e. olive green/brown) eyes. Mine are concentric heterochromic (olive interior, brown exterior). Green part seems to be larger in the summer, brown part in the winter.
Yea, pretty much exact same here. Seems to be the most common form of hetrochromia, not 100% sure on the genetic background it is indicative of though.
Although I know mine go a wonderful shade of green when my eyes water.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101269 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »

Japan made significant land gains in SE Asia in the first few months of the year, the Phillipines are lost by early May.
Towards the end of the year, the Vichy French in Algiers and Morocco switch sides to the Allies.

... 'course, it's still probably a fairly small percentage, overall. Depends on how/if you count ocean ownership. Only, what, about 30% of the earth is land? And of that, there were pretty big swaths that I don't recall really being involved all that much.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101270 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:44 pm »

... 'course, it's still probably a fairly small percentage, overall. Depends on how/if you count ocean ownership. Only, what, about 30% of the earth is land? And of that, there were pretty big swaths that I don't recall really being involved all that much.
Given the Allies were not the entire rest of the world, it's pretty significant. Had the allies fell of course, he would later have invaded the rest of the world, but there were isolationists.

Let's include ocean ownership, and as for when, let's say greatest extent.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101271 on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »

I include Japan, which, I know for a fact controlled 10% of earth's surface.
Well, that's what I meant by 'big chunk of Asia'. Though the main islands are not really big, it's mainly the possessions in China, Indochina ('given' by Vichy France to Japan).

Roughly, I would say ~25% (land). Though did Greenland was taken too ? Can be a good chunck too (fakedit : went to USA, as Iceland).

The war was really mondial. Most countries of Europe-Asia were at war (Africa was entirely colonial, except for Ethiopia, which was occupied by Italy, and Liberia). North America was mostly in war (not Mexico). Which lets South America not really involved.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101272 on: March 12, 2013, 08:24:59 pm »

My brother bought me a copy of blood bowl... Also he told me about what Aussie Rules Football is.

EDIT: For those too lazy to read the article, here's the main points.

1. The ball is shaped like an American Football (or rugby ball if you're a Brit or something).
2. The court is also shaped like an American Football.
3. You dribble the American Football.
4. No passing.
5. ???
6. Hilarity.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:27:44 pm by Pnx »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101273 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:05 pm »

Pnx, there is passing; you either kick it to a team-mate, or hand-ball it if it's short range (punting the ball to a teammate with the thumb end of a closed fist)

it's less a game and more watching people kick a ball to each other and occasionally get rough.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101274 on: March 12, 2013, 08:32:15 pm »

It is only entertaining if you are very invested in a team, very drunk AND enjoy watching people get into fights.
Somehow, despite these multiple conditions, it is very popular...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #101275 on: March 12, 2013, 08:32:26 pm »

I know my eyes were blue when I was born, but other then that They are always brown. Dark, uninteresting, poop brown.
Every bodies eyes are blue at birth, they only colorize later on.
I know the same is true of kittens, but I can't say with absolution that it is a rule of all mammals.
I still love blue eyes though...

Not true. Asian people don't have light-colored eyes, or so Wikipedia and anecdotal evidence tells me.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101276 on: March 12, 2013, 08:34:49 pm »

Really? Interesting...
Well European norm tends to be born with blue eyes and transition into stronger pigments, but I didn't know this was universal. I guess if a single species can't even share this trait, no chance it exists in all mammalia.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101277 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:11 pm »

Most humans have brown eyes, and only brown eyes. One anthropological theory states that non-brown eyes are the result of mixing with Neanderthals, as their former territory is where it most arises.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101278 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:42 pm »

Or they are the far removed decedents of these pricks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101279 on: March 12, 2013, 08:40:46 pm »

I know my eyes were blue when I was born, but other then that They are always brown. Dark, uninteresting, poop brown.
Every bodies eyes are blue at birth, they only colorize later on.
I know the same is true of kittens, but I can't say with absolution that it is a rule of all mammals.
I still love blue eyes though...

Not true. Asian people don't have light-colored eyes, or so Wikipedia and anecdotal evidence tells me.
My nephew was born with stark black eyes. He's half-asian-half-whateverthefuckIam.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6750 6751 [6752] 6753 6754 ... 13325