Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6743 6744 [6745] 6746 6747 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15801345 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101160 on: March 12, 2013, 03:47:09 am »

That's stupid, how are you supposed to discover new stuff that way?
Once in a blue moon when you're fed up with the topics you read, you press "mark all as read" and then the "unread since last visit".

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101161 on: March 12, 2013, 04:02:58 am »

Psycho lecture suspended due to bad weather. Huzzah!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101162 on: March 12, 2013, 05:32:26 am »

That's stupid, how are you supposed to discover new stuff that way?

Show unread posts since last visit.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101163 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:57 am »

North Korea tells its people how Americans live today

Note: our resident koreans may want to avoid that link cause I've heard some things 'bout their internet censorship policies... from this forum, of course, but still.

What's this video's obsession with eating snow?  Cups of hot snow and North Korean blankets my god.  Somehow they knew the payphones were useless though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #101164 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:10 am »

"The Red Cross supplies curtains and walls made from material from North Korea."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101165 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:47 am »

Man, I wish I had North Korean blankets. Then I could sell it and get two cups of snow! TWO!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101166 on: March 12, 2013, 10:17:24 am »

You Americans are so poor! We Irish are so rich! We get four cups of hot snow PER DAY!

So I finished off a post in an RP I really needed to make, so now the pressure's off me. I'm kicking back and listening to Voltaire feeling good.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101167 on: March 12, 2013, 10:22:45 am »

You Americans are so poor! We Irish are so rich! We get four cups of hot snow PER DAY!
We can't all be so lucky as you, Fniff. I mean, it's not like snow just falls from the sky or anything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101168 on: March 12, 2013, 10:25:01 am »

Truly North Korean aid is the only bright light in our grim, dark, snowy, lives.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101169 on: March 12, 2013, 10:27:46 am »

We can't all be so lucky as you, Fniff. I mean, it's not like snow just falls from the sky or anything.

Well, you Americans get fruit all the time as well! Parasites! It's not like fruit grows on trees around here!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101170 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:50 am »

Well, you Americans get fruit all the time as well! Parasites! It's not like fruit grows on trees around here!
That's just mean. Everyone knows that there's only about a dozen trees in all of north america, and ten of them are in Canada!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101171 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:26 am »

My next RTD is 75% (80%? 90%? hard to tell exactly) done with the rules writing and all the preliminary work figuring out exactly how the mechanics will work. Yay! Soon it shall overtake the RTD sub-forum, and obtain trillions of posts within days, breaking the interwebs.

My RTD, I just kind of jumped out of the gate with it. I did the mechanics as the need came up. >.> "Oh shit, I need health. Well, jacking DnD style health. Er, shit, I need levels or this will be the same thing forever. Ah, okay, I'll invent classes AND levels..." Needless to say, it got horrifyingly complex REALLY FAST.
Yeah, I did that with my first RTD.
I ended up adding/changing rules nearly every single turn, and although it wasn't a disaster, it was a huge pain in the butt not having worked out rules that would last through the whole game beforehand. It was my first RTD though, so I don't know if I could have (and it helped me work out what didn't quite work as well), but I really want the rules to be established beforehand and not to change during the game at all.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101172 on: March 12, 2013, 10:39:48 am »

In RTDs I like to come up with a ruleset that pretty much covers the basics of what might happen in the RP, then just go from there.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101173 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:53 am »

That's just mean. Everyone knows that there's only about a dozen trees in all of north america, and ten of them are in Canada!
That's why we must invade Best Korea. We covet their tree.*

* Singular noun intentional -- I figure they've already cut all the others down to make tasty bark sandwiches and sap stew.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101174 on: March 12, 2013, 10:44:56 am »

Why do you think everyone's been waging a sixty year war against them? We need that tree. But their soldiers are so competent they've held us back for so long, even the citizens haven't noticed we've been fighting them!
Pages: 1 ... 6743 6744 [6745] 6746 6747 ... 13325