Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6725 6726 [6727] 6728 6729 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15809444 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100890 on: March 09, 2013, 04:14:20 pm »

In northern Florida there are a set of "free clinics" that offer medical services to the poor and needy. These clinics are run by ultra conservative people who constantly proselytize their religion who have written rules that they never ever recommend that people are disabled and should receive government benefits.

My little sister, who has a rare genetic condition that causes severely restricted immune system is no longer beholden to these people who would have her die for her care. She now has a doctor who is aware that her condition exists and also believes that it is a good thing that the government supports disabled people. She isn't getting benefits yet, but it is now a possibility that she will.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100891 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:00 pm »

So this guy shows me this:
Badass and cool
Things like this are fun and need to be linked more frequently. It's fun to break people's minds with it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100892 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:52 pm »

I just love a united humanity.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #100894 on: March 09, 2013, 04:39:15 pm »

Badass and cool
Things like this are fun and need to be linked more frequently. It's fun to break people's minds with it.
I can see a human egg? Always thought I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk Is always fun, and sorta similar. Maybe a tiny bit NSFW?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100895 on: March 09, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »

I'm sore everywhere forever.

Just finished my 8th time helping someone move, or moving by myself, in a year. 2 stories down, 80 miles over, and 3 stories up, with a horse trailer full of stuff (thankfully none of which were horses).

I'm at the point that I've lost all grip strength in my hands, and am reclining on the horribly heavy, but comfortable enough to be worth it couch. Feels good to be physically exhausted like this.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100896 on: March 09, 2013, 05:22:07 pm »

I'm sore everywhere forever.

Just finished my 8th time helping someone move, or moving by myself, in a year. 2 stories down, 80 miles over, and 3 stories up, with a horse trailer full of stuff (thankfully none of which were horses).

I'm at the point that I've lost all grip strength in my hands, and am reclining on the horribly heavy, but comfortable enough to be worth it couch. Feels good to be physically exhausted like this.
If they were horses, maybe you wouldn't have had to carry them.

Badass and cool
I can see a human egg? Always thought I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk Is always fun, and sorta similar. Maybe a tiny bit NSFW?
That NSFW part was very strange.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100897 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »

So as it turns out I'm just a tiny bit short of the e-cash I need for the Arma 3 alpha. Then I noticed that one can sell vintage TF2 items over steam for real money.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100898 on: March 09, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »

You ever eat a burrito so big that it needs two tortillas to wrap properly? Because I am right now.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #100899 on: March 09, 2013, 07:47:50 pm »

In northern Florida there are a set of "free clinics" that offer medical services to the poor and needy. These clinics are run by ultra conservative people who constantly proselytize their religion who have written rules that they never ever recommend that people are disabled and should receive government benefits.

My little sister, who has a rare genetic condition that causes severely restricted immune system is no longer beholden to these people who would have her die for her care. She now has a doctor who is aware that her condition exists and also believes that it is a good thing that the government supports disabled people. She isn't getting benefits yet, but it is now a possibility that she will.

Awesome!
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #100900 on: March 09, 2013, 07:54:37 pm »

There now exists clean sponges in this house, once again.

Now to hide them from everyone except me. Why in the name of Zeus simple things like washing off the sponge or not letting it sit in dirty wash water for days seems impossible for the other people I've lived with over the years I don't know. Little bit of cleaning and effort and sponge will be in good shape for dish washing for five, six months. These people ruin them in a couple weeks.

But now I have new sponges, and by the gods no one else is getting them. My sponges, damn you all!

Also garbage cans. Those are going to help. And hair ties! No more rubber bands. Rubber bands work very well for keeping hair up but hurt like hell to get off. Point being few necessities/life easements acquired and now happier than yesterday.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #100901 on: March 09, 2013, 08:21:57 pm »

Home for spring break. Gonna break the news that I'll be switching majors to my parents soon.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100902 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:10 pm »

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100903 on: March 09, 2013, 10:18:05 pm »

SLAM OF THE NORTHSTAR

I am most pleased by this.  Also, more roleplaying tomorrow, and I'm gonna both finish job apps and a novel tonight.  Good time to be alive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100904 on: March 09, 2013, 10:32:03 pm »

You ever eat a burrito so big that it needs two tortillas to wrap properly? Because I am right now.
That reminds me of Chipotle. I wanted to eat it once more before I left but things happened and a couldn't.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6725 6726 [6727] 6728 6729 ... 13326