Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6717 6718 [6719] 6720 6721 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15831177 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100770 on: March 07, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »

The whole monkeysphere thing really bothers me.  It's not exactly a difficult thing to extend your feelings for people inside your monkeysphere to those outside of it.  I don't expect that to translate into genuine identical amounts of concern for the well-being of strangers, but it can at least translate into proper civil behavior by the simple recognition that every person on the planet is every bit as human and deserving of care as those within your monkeysphere.  Instead, people most often interpret the monkeysphere thing as "science says it's not my fault if I'm a jerk to random people I don't know!"
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100771 on: March 07, 2013, 11:06:26 pm »

The whole monkeysphere thing really bothers me.  It's not exactly a difficult thing to extend your feelings for people inside your monkeysphere to those outside of it.  I don't expect that to translate into genuine identical amounts of concern for the well-being of strangers, but it can at least translate into proper civil behavior by the simple recognition that every person on the planet is every bit as human and deserving of care as those within your monkeysphere.  Instead, people most often interpret the monkeysphere thing as "science says it's not my fault if I'm a jerk to random people I don't know!"
Really? Tell me mister, emotional, do you feel anything, Anything at ALL, for the 155,000 people who died today? How about yesterday? Sure, you mentally recognize them as human, but you don't feel for them. Tell me, have you ever lost a loved one? Realize that that happens thousands of times a day. Feel bad? That's because you are extending a situation you feel to them, humanizing them!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100772 on: March 07, 2013, 11:18:48 pm »

the monkeysphere convo developing here is interesting to watch, but not exactly "happy thread" material.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100773 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »

the monkeysphere convo developing here is interesting to watch, but not exactly "happy thread" material.

This. Let's talk about puppies now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #100774 on: March 07, 2013, 11:31:11 pm »

Thousands of puppies.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100775 on: March 07, 2013, 11:42:05 pm »

Kittens.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #100776 on: March 07, 2013, 11:49:21 pm »

Anything baby! Anything at all!

Fruitfly babies!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100777 on: March 08, 2013, 12:02:40 am »

Oh god that reminds me of the time a sack of potatoes was left in a corner under the sink, by the last tenants of one of my apartments. They sat and rotted over a few months of leaky water and dishwasher heat. It took a serious fruitfly infestation, and a weird and awful stench to start filling the kitchen, before I finally discovered the source.

Only a handful of things have managed to gross me out, to the point of very nearly throwing up. That bag of brown sludge that stank of feces and death, crawling with thousands upon thousands of drosophilia maggots, was one of them.

I must have used a half-gallon of bleach on that kitchen, and still couldn't get rid of the stains and stink completely. I'm kinda glad the place burned down.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100778 on: March 08, 2013, 12:17:49 am »

I did art that isn't 75% copy pasta by volume. It still looks a little clumsy but I'm really happy I was able to get General Leo to look vaguely recognizable (I think). I will probably do some more polishing later on, but still, I feel like I learned a fair bit today.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100779 on: March 08, 2013, 12:21:41 am »

Is that chainmail under the coat?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100780 on: March 08, 2013, 12:26:59 am »

Yes. I'm pleased that this was evident.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100781 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:54 am »

I detect some pillow shading, particularly on the pauldron and the bottom of the coat. I might suggest a bit more contrast between the midtones and shadows on the face too, so the details aren't lost.

Beyond that, that's a darned fine sprite, and definitely recognizable as Leo... and I haven't played FF6 in many years.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100782 on: March 08, 2013, 12:30:50 am »

Why is it a gif, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100783 on: March 08, 2013, 12:46:48 am »

Because fuck you, that's why. MGI Photosuite doesn't support PNGs, and I never got around to getting used to the editor Solifuge mentioned a while back that does. And I didn't see a reason to convert it. Laaaaaaaaaziness forever. :)

I detect some pillow shading, particularly on the pauldron and the bottom of the coat. I might suggest a bit more contrast between the midtones and shadows on the face too, so the details aren't lost.

Beyond that, that's a darned fine sprite, and definitely recognizable as Leo... and I haven't played FF6 in many years.
I think you're right. I'll handle that sometime tomorrow, I think.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #100784 on: March 08, 2013, 01:21:53 am »

Oh, Bauglir, a guy down my hall sends his regards for the idea of mixing ramen. I think you were the one who posted about that in here.
Pages: 1 ... 6717 6718 [6719] 6720 6721 ... 13326