Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6680 6681 [6682] 6683 6684 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15838071 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100215 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:02 am »

Huh. What's the conversion process like?

... also now I can't get the thought of squee exalting out of my head and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing halp
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100216 on: February 28, 2013, 02:17:32 am »

Finicky. I've only done one thing, and it was kind of a random one (Pilgrim's Eye) that I suspect was pitched to troll me with an explicit reference to Land card mechanics. Obviously, more mechanics than not need to be represented by something that produces a similar feel of play and has similar fluff, rather than something directly analogous (for instance, you can't have Draw A Card effects produce extra spell slots, but you could have Mill effects inflict mental ability damage and cause spell slot loss). Next, Platinum Angel.

But it's probably a good thing, to answer your second thought :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #100218 on: February 28, 2013, 02:42:10 am »

Finicky. I've only done one thing, and it was kind of a random one (Pilgrim's Eye) that I suspect was pitched to troll me with an explicit reference to Land card mechanics. Obviously, more mechanics than not need to be represented by something that produces a similar feel of play and has similar fluff, rather than something directly analogous (for instance, you can't have Draw A Card effects produce extra spell slots, but you could have Mill effects inflict mental ability damage and cause spell slot loss). Next, Platinum Angel.
Draw a card... why not have it return a spell level or let you free cast one of your current ones, something along those lines? Drawing lands would give you a day-length ability to tap the land for an appropriate effect*. Drawing other stuff would open up things specific to the draw... creature could be a random summon of level = mana cost of card or whatev'. Somewhat less hostile wonder effect :P

*Tap X mountains translating into freely casting X levels of fire/evocation spells sounds like it might fit well enough. Stuff like that. Non-casters could get a random typed spell effect (maybe at a penalty), casters draw from their known stuff.

Now I'm just kinda' wondering if/where the PnP MtG translations are. Should probably go hunting at some point... card game itself aside, the fluff work for MtG is pretty awesome, in my opinion. Liked some of the books, I did, and it's got a lot of room for good paper conversion...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100219 on: February 28, 2013, 02:49:49 am »

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100221 on: February 28, 2013, 08:50:18 am »

Next step: get everyone on the 24-hour clock so we can stop with all the multinational which 7??? sillyness.
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100222 on: February 28, 2013, 09:26:12 am »

You're enlightened only if you can smoothly use both am/pm and 24hrs clock :P

EDIT: Also started to love Professor Elemental and his Steampunk Victorian Hip-Hop.

Thanks, Vorthon <3
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:43:47 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #100223 on: February 28, 2013, 09:46:38 am »

Today is nerd day at my school.

My Computer Science teacher said it was like "Nobody loves me" day at a orphanage. Cannot say I've heard that expression before.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100224 on: February 28, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »

Apparantly I'm the only one in my class who got 10/10 for this piss-easy test. This makes me happy, but is also slightly wtf.

And a nerd day sounds fucking awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #100225 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:31 pm »

Boyfriend.
Boyfriend ^_^
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm  :o

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100226 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:10 pm »

You're enlightened only if you can smoothly use both am/pm and 24hrs clock :P
That's easy enough. It's smoothly conversing with someone across the pond who is not so enlightened that becomes difficult or annoying.

Today is nerd day at my school.
So, the day most of the student population suddenly declare themselves nerds for 8 hours?

It would be pretty great if some more folks gave some interest to nerdy pursuits today. There's a wealth of incredible things they might never be exposed to otherwise. Social alienation aside, being a nerd can be pretty fantastic.
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #100227 on: February 28, 2013, 01:28:08 pm »

No, at my school, it's like jewish awareness month in Isreal, hence my Computer teacher's comments. It's largely a nerd school, hence the teacher's comments.

I mean we have a Brony club for christ's sake.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100228 on: February 28, 2013, 01:32:08 pm »

That's actually pretty cool. Wish I went there! :D

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #100229 on: February 28, 2013, 01:37:35 pm »

Lost my phone on the bus, waited around for the bus to come back through, had barely stepped onto the bus before the bus driver handed my phone to me.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 6680 6681 [6682] 6683 6684 ... 13326