Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6676 6677 [6678] 6679 6680 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15838991 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100155 on: February 27, 2013, 12:54:57 am »

Oh hey, that is a really big gun you have pointed at me. Would you like me to polish it for you a little? Must be hard work forcing my family to produce illegal drugs for you to ship all day, perhaps a cool drink would help?

Of all the evil overlords out there, we are lucky to have you.  :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100156 on: February 27, 2013, 12:56:03 am »

This actually makes youtube run really fast.

What the hell?! That's awesome, though.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100157 on: February 27, 2013, 12:59:42 am »

I'll admit, my Christmas bonus of an extra month's pay is a pretty good mark that this company does actually give a shit about hard work, but there is a certain amount of "don't stick your neck out" born into me, especially thanks to my last job.  And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that busting ass all day every day would actually be more productive.  My boss has straight up said I've earned to right to put less time a day than other employees, because he sees me routinely get more done in eight hours than most people he's worked with do in nine or ten.  Part of this is precisely because I slack off once in a while, I can work damn hard when I work but I factor a certain amount of decompression-time into everything I do.

It's easy to get addicted to decompression sure, but when people are actually counting on me to get something done, I actually produce results.

I worked full blast every minute on the clock at my first job handling packages, but that was physical work.  I could daydream through it, while my body just moved.  I didn't get any material compensation for my efforts, which were way beyond anyone else's.  I got a lot of respect/thanks for it from managers, though, and a lot of leniency.  I could come in late every day and they'd look the other way, because I did as much work as three people by myself.  I was totally ok with that.

For work that requires conscious attention, I really need routine distraction.  If I try to force myself to stay 100% focused for 8 hours, I'll just space out uncontrollably.  Having a background activity like hanging out on this forum allows me to pace myself.

My senior manager is a lot like yours, but less understanding.  She's never taken a sick day in her life, and basically lives for her work.  She monitors the workplace from home, even waking up in the middle of the night to do so.  When she was pregnant and scheduled to be induced into labor, she was in the office until just 3 hours before the operation.  She expects everyone to be as dedicated as her, and does not take into account the actual value of the employee's work.  She only cares that people's work habits meet her standards.  The best employees in this office are the ones who work in short bursts, and they're always in the most trouble for it.

So the result of that is anybody with real ability long ago gave up and does the bare minimum they can get away with.  Outside of this place, my work style is just like yours.  Save my energy for when it matters, and then kick a lot of ass.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100158 on: February 27, 2013, 01:02:36 am »

Oh hey, speaking of work ethic, a friend who actually deserves it got one of those more-responsibility-but-same-pay promotions.
At least it means more hours, so with her casual pay rate that should be great!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100159 on: February 27, 2013, 01:08:21 am »

Of all the evil overlords out there, we are lucky to have you.  :)
Aqizzar: Such an effective villain that everyone decides he isn't a villain.

Alright you savages, you see these guys with the shades and guns?  They're here to remind you who's Presidente now.  There's a lot of eccentric millionaire crime lords, mad scientists, and double agents out there who need a place to chillax and play baccarat, and I'm going to be the one to rip them off for it!  So step lively, and get to making that resort you'll never live in!

Wait, first thing's first, we need a clinic.  Can't have you animals keeling over with unmade beds.

Aw crap, there's nothing to eat?  Like Hell am I importing anything, get that farm up and running.  No not tobacco, corn, you can't eat tobacco you idiots.

Alright, time to build... Man, a hotel costs that much?  Attractions?  Well, a pub can do double duty, and strip mining the backside of the island should bring in some cash.  Go round up some peasants and chain them to the... There's people lined up to start working?  They're supposed to be enslaved!  ...Well of course I'm paying Caribbean-competitive wages, do I look like an asshole to you?

Many schools, restaurants, newspapers, and electrified high-rises later...

And to commemorate the exports from the pineapple cannery topping eighty thousand dollars last year, keep up the good work slaves, we've begun Operation: Monte Carlo.  Finally, somebody to buy all these brand new assault rifles and national secrets we've been intercepting.  Get Eisenhower and Khrushchev on the CB, time to get my gloat on!

...Who the fuck is Brezhnev?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100160 on: February 27, 2013, 01:13:09 am »

Dammit Aqizzar, if you have time to day dream about a more perfect world of gun exports and salsa music, you have time to give a general status report of your game progress.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100161 on: February 27, 2013, 01:14:11 am »

making zelda mod is fun

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100162 on: February 27, 2013, 01:15:41 am »

Dammit Aqizzar, if you have time to day dream about a more perfect world of gun exports and salsa music, you have time to give a general status report of your game progress.

You might think that.  Protip: These issues are related.

God, as much as we want to talk about work ethic when people are expecting us to work, I have zero fucking work ethic when the only person counting on me is me.  I can't disappoint anybody, but by God do I not give a shit about disappointing myself, apparently.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100163 on: February 27, 2013, 01:16:29 am »

I assume you've tried it? I'm hesitant about messing around with CL prompts for fear of accidentally my everything :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100164 on: February 27, 2013, 01:19:21 am »

God, as much as we want to talk about work ethic when people are expecting us to work, I have zero fucking work ethic when the only person counting on me is me.  I can't disappoint anybody, but by God do I not give a shit about disappointing myself, apparently.
Yea, I know that feeling.
As soon as somebody is like 'Hey Max, why does one plus one equal two' I'll write a several page essay explaining why maths is based on boolean logic and how bit adders work thus defining the addition function and showing how a carry works and why +(0001, 0001) = 0010.

When I feel like making something of wonder, it gets delayed for some reason...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100165 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:46 am »

I assume you've tried it? I'm hesitant about messing around with CL prompts for fear of accidentally my everything :P

Yeah; if you notice, he even provides a couple of rollback commands.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100166 on: February 27, 2013, 01:23:20 am »

I can sort of relate... my work ethic sucks when I need to do something for myself that I'm not really interested in, no matter how important it is.  Or if it's something I care about, but isn't really important.  But when I care about it and it's important, I blaze.  Like my final semester of college.  I overcame some ridiculous obstacles to produce that capstone project, and graduate on a high note.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100167 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:35 am »

You might think that.  Protip: These issues are related.

Willing-to-disappoint-only-me-five! (See: I've been working on one game for the last decade plus. FUUUUUUUUU)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100168 on: February 27, 2013, 01:35:09 am »

Yeah; if you notice, he even provides a couple of rollback commands.

I just did the thing. I'm testing it now.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #100169 on: February 27, 2013, 01:35:50 am »

Maple syrup on ice cream is really good when you use the high quality pure maple syrup. The corn syrup with natural and artificial maple flavors compare at all.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 6676 6677 [6678] 6679 6680 ... 13326