Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6665 6666 [6667] 6668 6669 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846683 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99990 on: February 25, 2013, 03:34:52 am »

Woo, finally moving out of an apartment.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99991 on: February 25, 2013, 09:15:34 am »

I have figured out that God, according to Revelations, has a minimum of 299 exawatts of power. He emits 27 times the energy produced in all of Earth's nuclear reactors in a year in a single second. o_O

Conclusion, God is the number one source of entropy...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:39:12 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99992 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:34 am »

I have figured out that God, according to Revelations, has 299 exawatts of power. He emits 27 times the energy produced in all of Earth's nuclear reactors in a year in a single second. o_O

This is a excellent use of your time.

Anyway, Computer science Teacher asks "So, who knows what ASCII is?"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:36:47 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99993 on: February 25, 2013, 10:31:59 am »

I have figured out that God, according to Revelations, has a minimum of 299 exawatts of power. He emits 27 times the energy produced in all of Earth's nuclear reactors in a year in a single second. o_O

I would dearly love to see those calculations. Sounds like prime xkcd.what-if material.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99994 on: February 25, 2013, 11:50:42 am »

I went to Mass today as part of an assignment on multiculturalism.  Surprisingly pleasant, they're very quick about things.  It was an hour long almost to the minute, and most of it was spent standing up and sitting down while a distractingly beautiful woman sang about Jesus and the usual stuff.  Afterward I talked to the priest who was a real bro.  We talked about literature and he's all "So who's your favorite female American author?"  I couldn't think of one, though in retrospect he was obviously driving at a specific female American Catholic author, Flannery O'Connor.  Thankfully I'd read A Good Man is Hard to Find and really really loved it, so I didn't completely drop the ball, though I was intimidated (I'm always intimidated and introverted around people I feel are better than me)

I could have easily given myself reasons to be elitist from what you stated there. Manipulation through looks, caring about authors religions over the text itself, probably having the usual white adam and eve (yet believing in evolution) -edit: this could likely not be misinterpreted only if you have an Arabic Jesus, but hey!-, the expenses sunk into the church and questioning it's necessity etc. I'm surprised at you.

Edit: Joke, forgot it was the happy thread, apologies if ruining the mood.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:37:02 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99995 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:03 am »

I would dearly love to see those calculations. Sounds like prime xkcd.what-if material.  :P
It's very rough. I think I erred on the wattage. Depends on whether God extrudes infrared light or not. Factor of eight.
Also, God might actually shine through all the buildings. I assumed a flat plane. xD
And if He floats higher than a meter off the surface, the number climbs higher.
On the other hand, I might have miscalculated the beam intensity for Beer-Lambert's law... And I subbed 0.01 instead of 0.04 for the extinction coefficient by accidnt. I don't know how to find te volume, either, so I can't recalculate it :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99996 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:23 am »

Link

Opportunity's 8 year anniversary (8 year since landing)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #99997 on: February 25, 2013, 12:00:17 pm »

Writing my novel today, I have had the pleasant experience of wondering "If you were drained of a liter of your own blood and then forced to drink it, how far could you go before throwing up?"

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99998 on: February 25, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »

Writing my novel today, I have had the pleasant experience of wondering "If you were drained of a liter of your own blood and then forced to drink it, how far could you go before throwing up?"
That's about 20% of your blood. Doubt you'd be able  to drink anything at that moment.

On another note, blood's quite tasty, so any revulsion would be in mind only.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99999 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:09 pm »

That's about 20% of your blood. Doubt you'd be able  to drink anything at that moment.

On another note, blood's quite tasty, so any revulsion would be in mind only.

Ahh, it seems you can only donate about half a litre at a time, which is, what, two wineglasses' full?

Also, if you drink too much blood, you'll throw up involuntarily.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100000 on: February 25, 2013, 12:47:56 pm »

I doubt it.

Milk is edible. Blood isn't.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100001 on: February 25, 2013, 12:51:44 pm »

I doubt it.

Milk is edible. Blood isn't.
Blood's perfectly edible. After all, there are many dishes based on blood, and human blood doesn't differ much from most animal blood.

There's 55% plasma (92% water, rest is sugar, proteins, hormones). The rest is cells, which should digest just fine in the stomach. It might be a bit heavy on sugars though.

On a side note; after such a significant blood loss it might be wise to drink your own blood. Allows you to regain some nutrients and mineral (mainly iron) preventing anemia on a short-medium term.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:54:14 pm by 10ebbor10 »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100002 on: February 25, 2013, 12:54:38 pm »

But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100003 on: February 25, 2013, 12:58:25 pm »

But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.
It isn't cannibalism if it's your own blood.(IIRC)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100004 on: February 25, 2013, 12:58:33 pm »

Yes, as is locking up an innocent woman to go mad in a dungeon at the hands of a psycho who dubs her Chastity for teh lulz. But my fiction, my dearest children, has no such limitations.

Pages: 1 ... 6665 6666 [6667] 6668 6669 ... 13326