Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6653 6654 [6655] 6656 6657 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15852913 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99810 on: February 22, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »

Well, another quarter of classes over. And if I'm really really lucky, I got about 60% on the parallel computing final so I can get a C. Here's hoping he gives a ton of partial credit on the parallel java bullshit sections. >____>

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99812 on: February 23, 2013, 12:12:14 am »

So, I just did an act that symbolizes* my coming to adulthood.

I beat A Link to the Past in 3 days.

I've never beaten it in 12 years of playing it; I could never find the hammer past the first dark world dungeon. Because of this, I had a huge sense of childlike wonder about it; I always had a feeling of "what's in there? It could be anything!" about areas I couldn't get to due to not having the item yet.

I started playing it 3 days ago after my computer bricked. I quickly got through the light world; that was the first day. Yesterday, I got through the first four dungeons of the Dark World. I immediately wondered "why was that dungeon so hard for me?", and it wasn't until later that I finally figured out why... turns out I really sucked at dungeon crawling.

First, however, I found yesterday that I knew much of what was coming already. I got the tempered sword as soon as I knew it possible; I got the fourth bottle in short order. I got the magic cape and cane of burna one right after the other. Today, I beat the game with everything but the pieces of heart found; I had 7 pieces of heart total, however. After beating it, I realized: this was my favorite game for 10 years of my life, but when I played it here, it felt like... a game. That I beat. Quickly. I had lost that sense, that sense of wonder that made the game so amazing to me. Ocarina of Time had that feeling, but not as well because I first played that because I was, oh, 12 or so when I first played it. Super Metroid I beat at the age of 11 or 12, too. A Link to the Past was the last game from my childhood that I beat.

And that's too bad. This game represented my sense of childlike wonder. The internet broke that for me. You can look up whatever, whenever. What I want is a game that has that feeling. The problem is that there aren't many things that can. Roguelikes that update often can; I feel like that for the next version of DF, after all, but I'll figure it out soon enough after, it'll go on the wiki, and there it goes. Oh well.

Appropriate that I beat the last, best game of my childhood two days before I become a legal adult, huh? :D

*in a tongue-and-cheek manner

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #99813 on: February 23, 2013, 12:19:13 am »

Games are better when you don't look shit up.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #99814 on: February 23, 2013, 12:20:56 am »

A Link to the Past was the last game from my childhood that I beat.
So you would say playing it again was...
 8)
A link to the past?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99815 on: February 23, 2013, 12:49:52 am »

Games are better when you don't look shit up.

And playing ALTTP again, all the way through this time, made me realize that.

A Link to the Past was the last game from my childhood that I beat.
So you would say playing it again was...
 8)
A link to the past?

yeeeeeessssssss

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99816 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:59 am »

I... I actually have that hair naturally ;_;  It curls and sticks out randomly.

Don't have a fur coat yet, though.  Will work on it.

Oh good, I'm not the only one. If I don't take a shower and comb my hair it stays in gravity defying bedhead mode all day.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99817 on: February 23, 2013, 01:17:59 am »

Sameeeeeeee
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99818 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:50 am »

Oh good, I'm not the only one. If I don't take a shower and comb my hair it stays in gravity defying bedhead mode all day.

Crazy hair people unite! If I don't use hair mousse I can end up looking like Einstein in some of his less flattering pictures.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99819 on: February 23, 2013, 02:06:58 am »

Crazy hair people unite! If I don't use hair mousse I can end up looking like Einstein in some of his less flattering pictures.
* Sirus unites

What's worse is I hate and am terrible at using "product". My hair is wavy, curly, and straight all at the same time, and never the same way twice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99820 on: February 23, 2013, 02:09:50 am »

Yeah, folks keep asking me every couple days if I got a new haircut!  It's awesome, I pretty much don't have to do anything with it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #99821 on: February 23, 2013, 02:50:26 am »

Yeah, folks keep asking me every couple days if I got a new haircut!  It's awesome, I pretty much don't have to do anything with it.
"Did you get your hair cut?"
"Nope, I'm just a shapeshifter."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99822 on: February 23, 2013, 03:05:07 am »

A student of mine earlier this week asked me if I was ill... to be fair its thier first year here and they clearly didnt know that I regularly shave my head.

Though the implications for what illness they suspected I had are kinda scary.
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99823 on: February 23, 2013, 03:59:46 am »

Normal people worry for you.
Students just want the teacher to be sick in any capacity :v

...At least they do here.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99824 on: February 23, 2013, 04:19:07 am »

A student of mine earlier this week asked me if I was ill... to be fair its thier first year here and they clearly didnt know that I regularly shave my head.

Though the implications for what illness they suspected I had are kinda scary.

It could be worse. They could've asked whether you were a skinhead
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6653 6654 [6655] 6656 6657 ... 13326