Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6652 6653 [6654] 6655 6656 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15850238 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99796 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:13 pm »

I got new guitar pickups and succesfully installed them. Yay.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99797 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:50 pm »

i'm a bit late on this, but

Cloak Dagger
I'm late too, but my real first and last name, caps sensitive, is "Ball Bag." Ouch.

Space Cat apparently is a stimulant. Maybe I should develop an energy drink.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #99798 on: February 22, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »

Huh, just realized I've been on Bay12 for two years now. Also apparently, I registered to this forum at four in the morning. Why I was up that late, I have no idea. But I don't even remember the night I registered on this forum.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #99799 on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:40 pm »

Wait I've been here longer than you? You used to have a kermit avatar right? I could have sworn I'd seen your posts in threads when I was still lurking.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99800 on: February 22, 2013, 06:39:38 pm »

i'm a bit late on this, but

Cloak Dagger

Time zones can be bitching. I'm pretty happy with how my forum nick turned out.

Ultra Perfect

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99802 on: February 22, 2013, 07:12:02 pm »

I'm feeling physically crappy today and I've been consistently working hard for the past two months, so I'm taking the day off to watch TV and fool around with personal projects.  Feels really, really good to just lie in bed right now and stop worrying about deadlines for a while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #99803 on: February 22, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »

Hello, Vector. You appear to be back and also flan. Were you flan last time; I can't remember?

Also, I am back form vacation visiting my sister and brother-in-law and niece in Minnesota. Actually, I got back on Wednesday, but I've been busy with cleaning and such since then.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:30:51 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99804 on: February 22, 2013, 08:33:22 pm »

Naw, last time I was члеб и соль (bread and salt), a Russian symbol of hospitality.

Now I am flan.  I love flan.  Flan flan flan~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99805 on: February 22, 2013, 08:54:56 pm »

Naw, last time I was члеб и соль (bread and salt), a Russian symbol of hospitality.

Now I am flan.  I love flan.  Flan flan flan~
Spoiler: Desty Vector, huh... (click to show/hide)

Not sure how to reconcile a Desty Nova/Vector fusion. But I think it's a happy thought.

Vector, you should get yourself a nice fur jacket and a fro. Also hello again, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99806 on: February 22, 2013, 09:23:13 pm »

I... I actually have that hair naturally ;_;  It curls and sticks out randomly.

Don't have a fur coat yet, though.  Will work on it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #99807 on: February 22, 2013, 09:34:58 pm »

I am sort of doing some work for another lawyer as an independent contractor....

This is good, because:

* Possibility of more reliable work to do that is paid.... I don't really care that it's fairly low pay to start, so long as I can survive for the moment.
* Other lawyers grudgingly respect/hate him/take him seriously. He has not worked with anyone new in a decade, but me....
* He has said he will give me an office to use in his building. (must be cleaned out but meh. I only refrain from this because I don't wanna intrude...).
* His many and varied connections are beginning to benefit me:
* The possibility of having his office resources work for me (with reason but yeah phone answering/ file filing secretaries, also snacks, etc)
* Unlike my last boss, he has a lot of fight in him and can be inspirational (if somewhat scary) at will
* He keeps a handful of cats tucked away in the back of his office building. (He has rescued/ adopted them).

This is bad, because:

* The secretaries are full of drama, which I don't do but they are attempting to drag me into. NASA is still trying to calculate the mass of the shits I don't give about this....
* It takes up a lot of my time, and my status with him is still uncertain. I do not know if this will be long term. I hope so.
* If I ever fall out of his favor, people will wonder why, just as they wonder what talent/connection/good reason I attracted his attention with....
* As of right now, this is not a full time gig / it isn't a 40 hour/week thing. It kinda needs to be....
* It is somewhat of a pain working this in with the court appointed and other cases I have currently. The schedule can be adjusted, but with difficulty.

Right now, I'm plowing through a backlog pile of his projects that he is unwilling to do. I do not exaggerate at all when I say it is nearly as tall as I am. I will happily do all the crap work so long as he pays me. The work that is repetitive, lacks glory, or is just plain old boring.... I've been doing that for years, so most of it isn't really a problem. Although there are some areas of law he does that I have never practiced (and honestly had little incentive to practice).

All the same, it's nice to have a master lawyer with the reputation for being ruthless and ruthlessly competent chose to work with you in any capacity, when he hasn't worked with anybody new for several years. Basically people were blowing me off before because no one had heard of me (I was always behind the scene). Now they associate my name with his and they'd rather deal with me than him, because he's not nearly so nice as I am. Also he appears to like me, I like to imagine for several reasons, but also and primarily because everybody else bitches about work and I just shut up and do it. Also I work as long and as late as he does (or as late as he lets me).

Also, this man is the business rival of an attorney who attempted to set me up to fail, and whose plan I somehow made it through with what I imagine was skill, but what was likely some bit of luck as well.

Edit: Hi Vector, its good to see you. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:43:47 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99808 on: February 22, 2013, 10:13:28 pm »

Truean, just about every time you post about your profession my mental image of you shifts a little closer to a female Phoenix Wright.

In terms of my own happy... I'm happy for the moment, on the upswing from my melancholic pit of despair last night. I suppose I'll see if this is going to be one of those day-long cycles or one of the week-long cycles before I'm back to the little social hominid angrily rattling around in the center of my skull because I'm passive and shy in all my relationships, with self-loathing and fear of mortality dancing a waltz in the wings.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99809 on: February 22, 2013, 10:31:03 pm »

Truean, just about every time you post about your profession my mental image of you shifts a little closer to a female Phoenix Wright.
Nonononono. That's the other way around. Phoenix Wright is inspired by Truean.
Pages: 1 ... 6652 6653 [6654] 6655 6656 ... 13326