Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6644 6645 [6646] 6647 6648 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15740913 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99675 on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:24 pm »

A friend is just a stranger with beer.
I have some new wise words for my sig collection...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99676 on: February 21, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »

I dislike driving because it takes too much concentration on making nothing happen.

I am not entertained, and therefore I dislike it. MAH ADHD.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99677 on: February 21, 2013, 05:07:46 pm »

How can you hate driving?! :o
Ton+ pile of metal being propelled by explosions that you are only nominally in control of and one unseen mechanical failure from committing manslaughter with. Vehicles are one of the deadliest things we encounter with any regularity and driving them makes me  @#!*%  nervous as  @#!*% . It's like juggling loaded revolvers without a safety on 'em or something. In the middle of a preschool. And occasionally one of the revolvers just lights on  @#!*%  fire and explodes.

I'm not the sort of monster that could enjoy doing something like that.
Meanwhile, You are staring at timy electical dots turning a shade makiga single shade, being snt to your house from a massive infrastructure system, allowing you to recieve information from anywhere in the entire world, and do a great many things besides, and you don't feel like a omniscient god?

Besides, the lgocial extension of that is that planes, which are cars x200, are super unsafe, when in fact they are incredbily safe. Do you know the last time there was a fatal plane crash related to the US? 2011. Not even in the  @#!*%  country, but of any citizen or carrier too. The one before that was a UPS flight to UAE.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #99678 on: February 21, 2013, 05:13:36 pm »

Ton+ pile of metal being propelled by explosions that you are only nominally in control of and one unseen mechanical failure from committing manslaughter with. Vehicles are one of the deadliest things we encounter with any regularity and driving them makes me  @#!*%  nervous as  @#!*% . It's like juggling loaded revolvers without a safety on 'em or something. In the middle of a preschool. And occasionally one of the revolvers just lights on  @#!*%  fire and explodes.

Meanwhile, You are staring at timy electical dots turning a shade makiga single shade, being snt to your house from a massive infrastructure system, allowing you to recieve information from anywhere in the entire world, and do a great many things besides, and you don't feel like a omniscient god?

Besides, the lgocial extension of that is that planes, which are cars x200, are super unsafe
I am not in charge of the plane, I cannot by, say, having a siezure, cause the plane to kill several passersby.

* The Darkling Wolf is medically unfit to drive anyway, so the matter is moot in his case
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99679 on: February 21, 2013, 05:14:21 pm »

Ton+ pile of metal being propelled by explosions that you are only nominally in control of and one unseen mechanical failure from committing manslaughter with. Vehicles are one of the deadliest things we encounter with any regularity and driving them makes me goddamn nervous as hell. It's like juggling loaded revolvers without a safety on 'em or something. In the middle of a preschool. And occasionally one of the revolvers just lights on fucking fire and explodes.

Oh please. Calling it a "ton+ pile of metal propelled by explosions" just makes it sound cooler than it really is; a very well-engineered form of metal, plastic, glass, and modern composites that turns chemical energy into kinetic energy. You completely ignore the numerous safety features built into each vehicle to insure that any accidents do as little damage to people as possible. Mechanical failures only account for around 13% of accidents, and most of those are due to poor or no maintenance rather than the vehicles being rolling death traps. The rest of your post is wild over-exaggeration.

Oh, and thanks for implying that I am a "monster". I drive probably an hour almost every day out of necessity, and I love every minute.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99680 on: February 21, 2013, 05:42:30 pm »

Oh please. Calling it a "ton+ pile of metal propelled by explosions" just makes it sound cooler than it really is; a very well-engineered form of metal, plastic, glass, and modern composites that turns chemical energy into kinetic energy. You completely ignore the numerous safety features built into each vehicle to insure that any accidents do as little damage to people as possible. Mechanical failures only account for around 13% of accidents, and most of those are due to poor or no maintenance rather than the vehicles being rolling death traps. The rest of your post is wild over-exaggeration.

Oh, and thanks for implying that I am a "monster". I drive probably an hour almost every day out of necessity, and I love every minute.
Yeah... now imagine a medical procedure that only has an 87% success rate. Maybe you can make it 95%! That's still pretty bad odds when you're dealing with someone's life.

And I sorta' apologize, Siri. I'm still coming down from post-driving stress, and yeah, the wording was strong. But, fundamentally, I have trouble seeing enjoying an act that can and does kill and maim other people with regularity as something someone not a monster would enjoy. I've done the regular driving thing, too. I understand the necessity of it. But, from an ethical position, I can't really say it's kosher to enjoy something as dangerous as it is. And yes, I'm aware that in terms of percentiles of miles per accident, it's pretty safe. But it's still damn dangerous. Driving puts me on the edge of a knife. One mistake away from killing someone. One missed piece of maintenance away from someone else's life. You're basically giving me the same line a lot of other folks have, that I'm overthinking it. I disagree, y'know? I don't like juggling firearms, and it troubles me when people downplay the extent of the responsibility involved.

Some people can enjoy that sort of high responsibility, danger-to-others act. I'm not one of them, and especially when I'm still coming down from driving, that sort of thing just kinda' makes me sick. But if it doesn't bother you or you can rationalize away the danger, well, that is what it is. It doesn't seem to really bother most people, which is understandable considering how much driving is played up in most countries that it's a regular thing.

... but yeah, to RK, I'm actually a lot more comfortable driving when it's in low traffic. Driving on the highway at like two or three in the morning is pretty alright. No one else is around, it's pretty chill. And I'm a pretty solid driver from everything I've seen and other have commented on in person, so far. I just get minor (and sometimes somewhat major) anxiety attacks before and after. S'one of the reasons nothing buggering up is a happy thing, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99681 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:18 pm »

Yeah... now imagine a medical procedure that only has an 87% success rate. Maybe you can make it 95%! That's still pretty bad odds when you're dealing with someone's life.
It's not 13% chance of accident each time you use your car. It's more like an operation that has a 99% success rate, and 13% of the failure are due to the scalpel broking.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99682 on: February 21, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

Dammit greatorder, I had a hueg wall o'text typed up as a rebuttal. Now I have to drop the topic lest I look like an ass :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99683 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »

Making fun of conspiracy theorist is fun.

Also, my school is hosting the academic team regional championship on Monday.  And the NJROTC academic team national test is the week after.    And for our academic teams that basically means we get to engrave our name into the trophy again, and we get medals for when we score in the top percentile in the national test. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99684 on: February 21, 2013, 07:43:48 pm »

Making fun of conspiracy theorist is fun.
Try the "Maryland exists" thread.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #99685 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:50 pm »

That thread doesn't exist. It's a myth perpetrated by the GD bigshots to make it seem like we have actual jokes on this board.

There are no jokes in GD.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99686 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

If the "Maryland exists" thread existed then I'd probably know someone who posted there. But I don't, so it doesn't.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99687 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »

Have you ever been to the Maryland exists thread? Do you know anybody from there? When did it start?
See, it can't exist.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99688 on: February 21, 2013, 07:57:18 pm »

Have you ever been to the Maryland exists thread? Do you know anybody from there? When did it start?
See, it can't exist.
And all the links that go there are actually redirecting you to a look-alike Templar web page.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99689 on: February 21, 2013, 07:59:40 pm »

Now I'm going to have to start a Maryland Exists thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 6644 6645 [6646] 6647 6648 ... 13325