Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6570 6571 [6572] 6573 6574 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771727 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98565 on: February 02, 2013, 01:51:44 am »

So, I recently obtained (and beat) the game Antichamber.

I remember seeing a Portal 2 video on non-Euclidean game design, and thinking, "I want to see a puzzle game based on this."

Lo and behold, Antichamber. :D

Plus a few other interesting mechanics, of course.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98567 on: February 02, 2013, 03:57:15 am »

I am annoyed by people posting bullshit philosophical rhetorical questions and quotes on their Facebook walls. To remedy this, I answered most of their rhetorical questions with flowcharts.

Probably not the most efficient use of time, but it made me giggle inside.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98568 on: February 02, 2013, 03:59:52 am »

I am annoyed by people posting bullshit philosophical rhetorical questions and quotes on their Facebook walls. To remedy this, I answered most of their rhetorical questions with flowcharts.

Probably not the most efficient use of time, but it made me giggle inside.
Please insert example onto Bay12 Forums.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98569 on: February 02, 2013, 04:13:31 am »

Example question:

Is it really not anything but a chicken wing?

Now respond as if I were your facebook friend. For response purposes, my name will be Benjamin Dover.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98570 on: February 02, 2013, 04:17:24 am »

Example question:

Now respond as if I were your facebook friend. For response purposes, my name will be Benjamin Dover.
I don't do Facebook. How do you talk there?

Proper English?
L33t s934k?
Lol englsh?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98571 on: February 02, 2013, 04:20:03 am »

Oh, that was targeted at Barbarossa. I want his flowchart response.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98572 on: February 02, 2013, 04:21:22 am »

Oh, that was targeted at Barbarossa. I want his flowchart response.

Personally I think that one you postulated would be best solved with a Venn diagram.
This is a blank sig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98573 on: February 02, 2013, 05:12:27 am »

That's a little simpler to solve than most, but easy.

I mean stuff like this.
Quote from: Paraphrasing)
How can you know what's best for me, without knowing who I am? How could I let you know who I am, without knowing who you are first?
The logical solution here is to meet somebody that's willing to introduce him/herself first, and then introduce yourself to let them know who you are. Because they know who you are, they can know what's best for you. It is implied that they receive the knowledge of the optimal course of action by knowing who you are. But if all it requires to learn that fact is knowing oneself, the second person is redundant and the question negates itself.

♥☆~~The solution is to follow your heart!~~☆♥

The whole concept of asking Facebook a rhetorical question just seems passive aggressive and wrong. The status bar asks, "What's happening, [name]?". It doesn't ask you to whine at the entire world using an interrogative sentence that you don't intend to get an answer to. This part makes me RAAAAAAGE a bit, and it makes me a bit sad, or perhaps a little WTF. But being able to answer all of these impossible questions and get into deep philosophical arguments with (what Facebook calls) my friends makes me happy, even if it's a personal inside joke at their expense. I don't mean any harm by it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98574 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:00 am »

Facebook: your number 1 resource for readng everyone elses first world problems.
This is a blank sig.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #98575 on: February 02, 2013, 05:55:55 am »

A spot's opened up, so I'm discussing my FF6 AU D&D game again.

that sounds amazing. Just knowing something like that exists would make my world a little bit better.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #98576 on: February 02, 2013, 06:33:31 am »

That's a little simpler to solve than most, but easy.

I mean stuff like this.
Quote from: Paraphrasing)
How can you know what's best for me, without knowing who I am? How could I let you know who I am, without knowing who you are first?
The logical solution here is to meet somebody that's willing to introduce him/herself first, and then introduce yourself to let them know who you are. Because they know who you are, they can know what's best for you. It is implied that they receive the knowledge of the optimal course of action by knowing who you are. But if all it requires to learn that fact is knowing oneself, the second person is redundant and the question negates itself.

♥☆~~The solution is to follow your heart!~~☆♥

The whole concept of asking Facebook a rhetorical question just seems passive aggressive and wrong. The status bar asks, "What's happening, [name]?". It doesn't ask you to whine at the entire world using an interrogative sentence that you don't intend to get an answer to. This part makes me RAAAAAAGE a bit, and it makes me a bit sad, or perhaps a little WTF. But being able to answer all of these impossible questions and get into deep philosophical arguments with (what Facebook calls) my friends makes me happy, even if it's a personal inside joke at their expense. I don't mean any harm by it.

Lmao! Amazing. I getcha why that would be annoying, and I've seen it done before quite often, much to my irritation. I do admit that I've done it before, but I never really mean anything I say like that on facebook. :P

The quote which really annoys me is the Marilyn Monroe one. It's basically a way for people to promote themselves without showing and relevant qualities.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #98577 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:51 am »

Facebook: your number 1 resource for readng everyone elses first world problems.
And then go read the shitty ragecomics they make about people who post 'going to the shops' get more likes than their cookiecutter armchair philosophy, or quote that stopped being relevant 80 years ago.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98578 on: February 02, 2013, 10:18:39 am »

Don't fuck with trains.
That movie was simultaneously really weird, strangely horrifying, and really catchy.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #98579 on: February 02, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6570 6571 [6572] 6573 6574 ... 13325