Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6565 6566 [6567] 6568 6569 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776858 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98490 on: January 31, 2013, 09:59:53 pm »

Hey don't any of you get that sudden urge to jab something sharp into your hangnails?
I once had the urge to bite a light socket. Like, one of the recessed ones in the wall.

I don't even know how I would pull that off but I was suddenly really curious how it would feel. I'm 90% normal karne, 5% crazier than the Joker, and 5% pure evil, and 10% bad math.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98491 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

* Sirus has broken both arms, though not at the same time
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98492 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:40 pm »

I'm archive binging when I'm supposed to be writing an essay, because I just found out that the incredibly talented rainbowsqueeze has a webcomic, and it's AWESOME.

YESH. AVA'S DEMON.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98493 on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:14 pm »

I've broken both ankles. Multi-broke one (more than one break in the same injury). Went off a jump on a multi-person toboggan, foot slipped underneath, landed on an ice patch. Hit a manhole while rollerblading for the other (lesson learned: do not rollerblade on dark roads in the middle of the night).

This is worse. :(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98494 on: January 31, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »

So how many of us learned the hard way which lever is the front brake on a bike with the assistance of a steep hill?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98495 on: January 31, 2013, 10:31:26 pm »

That reminds me, most awesome thing happened yesterday that I pretty much forgot about until now.
So I'm riding my bike through one of the many bike tracks hidden around Canberra, and coming down this really large and steep hill then goes into a sudden left turn. Beautiful spot with trees overhead, but the path is covered in pine needles.
So I know I won't make this turn at high speed, and pull on the breaks, but can't get any traction and my back wheel starts slipping with no room before this turn.
With nothing to do but go off instinct I lean hard into this turn and slide around this corner, hand still gripping the back break hard, then release and ride off like I meant to do that all along. Greatest fucking fluke all year!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98496 on: January 31, 2013, 10:31:57 pm »

So how many of us learned the hard way which lever is the front brake on a bike with the assistance of a steep hill?  :P
That's why you make damn sure which is which before even buying the thing :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #98497 on: January 31, 2013, 10:33:30 pm »

I'm lucky if I even remember there's a brake that doesn't involve face planting in concrete. Bikes and me don't get along. At all.

And here comes Mr. Never-Broken-A-Bone-Or-Sprained-Anything waltzing into the thread. Not for lack of trying, though. And all the burns, cuts, and that time I got knocked out for ten minutes and couldn't walk for the rest of the day sort of make up for it.

This so much. I've fallen, twisted my ankle (No damage, my foot just rotated funny), bashed my knees/feet/shins/head into things, burned some part of my body, and cut myself (On accident!) so many times I can't imagine how much effort it would take to actually do any damage that lasts more than a few hours. I'm a cautious person, which is probably part of the reason I've never broken a bone, but I get a new, mysteriously bleeding bit on my body every day with no knowledge how or when it happened. Even when I do hit something hard, it doesn't hurt or bruise. It hurts for a second and then goes away.

Some day, reality will catch up to me, and all the damage that's mysteriously not affected me will hit me with full force. When asked about it, I'll give my thesis on Reality Lag and become spontaneously become a millionaire.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98498 on: January 31, 2013, 10:43:43 pm »

ME

Luckily, only my elbow was brutally and painfully broken. It healed up in a few months.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98499 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:20 pm »

I did that once.
Skinned my chest so badly you could literally get a good look at my ribs.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98500 on: January 31, 2013, 10:48:26 pm »

Am I the only one who hasn't had a serious bike accident? I ride pretty much everywhere, and I'm not even that careful about it. Ride into oncoming traffic? Sure, what is the worst that could happen?

Watch as I get hit by a bus on the way home after saying that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #98501 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »

Oh, and there will be vids posted as soon as it gets a bit more pretty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8s6epNJiBg&feature=youtu.be

I may have been listening to remixes of Nuclear Fusion for several hours while working on my code.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98502 on: January 31, 2013, 10:50:44 pm »

You 'n me both, Max. You 'n me both.

Of course, learning which brake is which was one of the first things I did while learning to ride a bike.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #98503 on: January 31, 2013, 10:54:10 pm »

I'll bring the camera.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98504 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:25 pm »

I'll bring the camera.
And I'll drive the bus.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 6565 6566 [6567] 6568 6569 ... 13325