Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6562 6563 [6564] 6565 6566 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778392 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98445 on: January 31, 2013, 05:46:57 pm »

Not so much the beatdowns (tho there are some funny lightsaber battle bits) as the music backing all of it which somehow makes it extremely funny :S
Benny Hill's theme would not make this funny.
It's... stereotypical Eastern European music? I feel like that might make it even more insulting, if I'm correctly identifying it. I could be wrong, though, I'm shit with music.

I know that we're not supposed to crap all over other people's happy, but... I'm afraid I can't endorse this video as a cause for happiness.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98446 on: January 31, 2013, 05:51:21 pm »

Playing DnD with my friends at school some more.
If you remember from my last post, in the WTF thread, I recently was kidnapped.
I came to in a cell.
Promptly discovered a cult captured me and had me captive in some sewers.
After about a day of hurting myself looking for ways out, magic happened.
I slept to heal my wounds, and woke up.
I went and looked out the door to my cell, and a guard approached.
I quickly went back into the middle of my cell, and feigned sleep.
I hear the door open, and guard walk in.
I quickly jump up, and after a few turns...
It was great.
I rolled a 6 with each of my fists, got past his AC, and incapacitated him instantly.
And then I beat him to death.
I took a sword, dagger, and 10 gold off his body, and proceeded on.
Skip ahead through some boring stuff.
I get to a hole in the ceiling, after killing someone else.
I cant climb up to it, and there is no ladder.
I continue further, and get 20 on a spot check.
Secret hallway.
Continue through, small cylindrical chamber.
Feel ceiling.
It is wood!
Spot check.
It has hinges!
Open well, jump out.
In warehouse.
Hear nothing.
Walk out.
FREEDOM!!
Spot check.
One guard, looks drunk.
Ask a commoner where I can get a bath.
"Over there"
*Sense Motive*
17!
He is truthful.
Take bath.
Currently sleeping in an inn.
So, I got free, and clean, and some armor off of one of the guards.
I also have a sword and dagger I looted off one.
Next we play, I hope to be reunited with my friends.
Kind of difficult, considering i'm a mute, but meh.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #98447 on: January 31, 2013, 05:58:14 pm »

In fairness, they do seem to have a point - until you realise Psy does not take himself seriously. :P

I was laughing most at the belieber not getting Psy. If Psy took himself seriously and people found him sexy then the picture would be right. I don't actually care about Beiber. I'll admit I find those lyrics of his they posted pretty unimpressive.

I do find it as evidence of a trend in most musical interests. You'd think people would flock to the artists that have the "best" music, but it's more like they flock to whoever they want and then construct their definition of "best" around their favorites.

Your artist is weepy and cares about the world? Well, clearly the best music is the stuff that tries to make a difference and draw attention to suffering. Your artists writes love songs? Well, clearly the best music is the stuff that captures emotion. Your artist has weak lyrics? Well, clearly the best music is determined through the whole experience rather than by lyrics alone. Your artists focuses on lyrics? Well, clearly music is just poetry put to a tune and the musical part is just a means for the lyrics to get to you.

I don't think this is anything new, but some shitty belieber on tumblr has inspired me to think about it in depth.

I think it's hard to judge the best type of music objectively. It's more that you find a song / set of songs you like in a genre, and then develop a predisposition for that type of music.

You can still seek out the 'best' music within that genre, but that's also down to personal preference, really. I mean, I don't like super hardcore screamo but there definitely seems to be a market for it and who am I to tell people that my music choice is better than theirs?

I understand your point though (I think) - what's played often on the radio isn't the best of a genre - it's the most risk-free stuff they can find.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98448 on: January 31, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »

I took a shower today! It was glorious. Uncomfortable, almost painful, tiring and awkward, but glorious nonetheless!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98449 on: January 31, 2013, 06:24:27 pm »

I think it's hard to judge the best type of music objectively. It's more that you find a song / set of songs you like in a genre, and then develop a predisposition for that type of music.

You can still seek out the 'best' music within that genre, but that's also down to personal preference, really. I mean, I don't like super hardcore screamo but there definitely seems to be a market for it and who am I to tell people that my music choice is better than theirs?

I understand your point though (I think) - what's played often on the radio isn't the best of a genre - it's the most risk-free stuff they can find.

Yeah, this all stems from an inability to have an objective "best" music. It's interesting to me that this results in someone criticizing Gangam Style for not having deep/serious lyrics when lyrical depth has very little do do with the song's appeal.

I try to fall into your camp. I have what I think is best, but I know it's just my preference and I won't pretend it's any more authoritative than that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98450 on: January 31, 2013, 06:31:49 pm »

Crash Course is doing history again. Though its us history this time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98451 on: January 31, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »

I took a shower today! It was glorious. Uncomfortable, almost painful, tiring and awkward, but glorious nonetheless!
Are you a wicked witch, or just an unwashed liberal hippie-communist?  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98452 on: January 31, 2013, 06:37:49 pm »

Crash Course is doing history again. Though its us history this time.

My reaction to that news:

:D ->  >:( ->  :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98453 on: January 31, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »

...I believe there is more to explain. ???

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98454 on: January 31, 2013, 06:51:25 pm »

...I believe there is more to explain. ???
Shower
noun
1a brief and usually light fall of rain, hail, sleet, or snow:
a day of sunny spells and scattered showers
a mass of small things falling or moving at the same time:
a shower of dust sprinkled his face
a group of particles produced by a cosmic-ray particle in the earth’s atmosphere.

HE IS COSMIC GLYPHGRYPH

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98455 on: January 31, 2013, 06:51:41 pm »

Holy nuts.

OVER 9000 POSTS and only now do I realize Bay12 has a WYSIWYG posting view.

This makes everything so much easier.

NO MORE HITTING PREVIEW TWENTY TIMES!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:53:26 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98456 on: January 31, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »

MUST

RESIST

DBZ MEME

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98457 on: January 31, 2013, 07:02:53 pm »

OVER 9000 POSTS and only now do I realize Bay12 has a WYSIWYG posting view.

What you see is what you get? What do you even mean by that? Or did I guess the meaning of that abbreviation wrong?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98458 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:05 pm »

Where is it?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98459 on: January 31, 2013, 07:06:06 pm »

Profile settings. Seriously even I think that much is obvious.
Pages: 1 ... 6562 6563 [6564] 6565 6566 ... 13325