Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6557 6558 [6559] 6560 6561 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778075 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98370 on: January 30, 2013, 03:03:16 am »

... 3D danmaku sounds terrifying, headache inducing, and vaguely impossible to actually survive. Sounds fun to watch people die to, if not necessarily play :P
Which is precisely why it is going to be NPC vs NPC. They actually aren't all that fun to play, simply because there isn't adequate situational awareness. The field of view combined with lack of good depth recognition makes them all but unplayable. However, they are amazing to watch; for example: http://youtu.be/fyTxURGwu98?t=1m31s

Which is why it's going to be built for spectating.

I'm implementing it in my terrain & water simulation program; there will be interaction with those systems as well. The two NPCs will be a water and earth mage of some sort; an energy meter for each one to determine attacks used/frequency of attacks (with the energy regen and cap increasing as the battle goes on, so it gets more and more fierce). They will draw up material from the simulated terrain below them in order to use attacks (basically a material cost); water mage using water, earth mage using soil.

It's such an awesome project and I'm really excited about it; which is only amplified by the fact that it's so incredibly within reach that I will probably manage to actually pull it off. Oh, and there will be vids posted as soon as it gets a bit more pretty (as right now, the bullets are just rendered as grey spheres* and there are no mages yet).
*or sailboats, depending on whether I want to carry on a department-wide in-joke
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:15:57 am by alway »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98371 on: January 30, 2013, 05:03:42 am »

Had my first successful date with a man yesterday!  :o  We met up for coffee, and talked the entire time.  Lots of chemistry there.  We met on okcupid.com, which is apparently not too full of weirdos if you're looking for gay men o_O  I knew we had a lot in common before we met in person... after that date, I learned we have A LOT in common.  Second date was already scheduled before we even left.  I have to survive midterms first, but then we'll meet up again.  I'm still in a bit of a daze... keep expecting to wake up and be forever alone again o_O

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98372 on: January 30, 2013, 05:14:38 am »

Touhou Macross 7 made me happy (with a bunch of Mac. Frontier references thrown in for good measure)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:19:34 am by Reelya »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98373 on: January 30, 2013, 08:37:28 am »

I am now having a Eureka moment, coupled with a face-meet-palm-with-an-impulse-of-23509-whatever-units.

Yay!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #98374 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:06 am »

I am having like the best couple of weeks. My courses at uni are terribly interesting, I have succeeded with all my mini-projects.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 04:52:05 am by Aptus »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #98375 on: January 30, 2013, 09:27:00 am »

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/actor-jim-nabors-marries-male-partner-seattle-070211861.html

Whenever I hear some old person say, "there didn't used to be gays," I just sorta internally shake my head. They were just hidden is all....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98376 on: January 30, 2013, 10:25:55 am »

I am having like the best couple of weeks. My courses at uni are terribly interesting, I have succeeded with all my mini-projects and I finally managed to build up the courage to introduce myself to this girl at uni I have had a crush on for the past couple of courses. Now actually asking her out will probably take another twenty or so years considering my shyness (now won't that be surprising to her :p) but this feels great, we had a little chat about this and that and yeah :)
TAKE HER OUT ON VALENTINES DAY
(seems to be a easy course for me)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98377 on: January 30, 2013, 10:43:11 am »

This is making me happy. :D
It's moments like these which are really rewarding.

Big thanks to smeding!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98378 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »

First speech in speech class, was dreading it all week.  And was worried I would completely bomb.

I did good, I got a few marks off for little things like shaky hands and not moving around enough on the grade, but the class seemed to love it.  People actually laughed at the bits that were supposed to be little jokes.  The notes on my grading paper indicate I had the best conclusion score of the class, working for the conclusion and ending on a high note, instead of just letting it hang and waiting for the applause like most did.

I'm so happy!  Maybe speech class won't be quite as bad as I thought.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98379 on: January 30, 2013, 12:35:25 pm »

First speech in speech class, was dreading it all week.  And was worried I would completely bomb.

I did good, I got a few marks off for little things like shaky hands and not moving around enough on the grade, but the class seemed to love it.  People actually laughed at the bits that were supposed to be little jokes.  The notes on my grading paper indicate I had the best conclusion score of the class, working for the conclusion and ending on a high note, instead of just letting it hang and waiting for the applause like most did.

I'm so happy!  Maybe speech class won't be quite as bad as I thought.

well* not good.

All joking aside, congrats!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98380 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:21 pm »

Survived the trip, ahahaha! Didn't even start raining on the way, which is good because I had no clue if the AC in my car is functioning and it was goddamn sweltering in there without the windows down. What ants survived the initial purging didn't come visit either, nor did the spiders or the lizards (I would have been cool with the lizards visiting, though I spent like half the trip half-way trying to come with lyrics for the epic ballad, "There's a Lizard Shitting in my Hair."), and the vehicle managed to neither explode nor stop functioning. Plus it managed to get up to and stay at 65 (mph) for a while, which is the first time it's done that in a long while.

Now... now I've got about two weeks worth of food, no one to turn on TVs except me, and no one else in the house for the interim. To hell with pants, get cold. Ahahahahaheeheeheeee.

Also quiet. Blissful, blissful quiet. And a king sized mattress that's actually worth a shit, unlike all the mattresses I've ever slept on for longer than a day. Got things I'd like to get done before I head back home, but for the next day or two... mentlegen and dylas, I am curling up into a little ball of chilled comfort and not moving. Except when I walk around chattering to myself (in delicious AC assisted cold, at least until tomorrow or so when it's supposed to cool down again for a little while), since I can do that without waking people up.

This bed is really rather comfortable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #98381 on: January 30, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

Just... watching humanity.

http://vinepeek.com/

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98382 on: January 30, 2013, 03:43:49 pm »

Does anyone else feel so alien watching this?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98383 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:49 pm »

Does anyone else feel so alien watching this?
What I learned from it: Most people have unintelligible mics when you only get 6 seconds to listen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98384 on: January 30, 2013, 04:33:21 pm »

This is making me happy. :D
It's moments like these which are really rewarding.

Big thanks to smeding!
Congrats!
Pages: 1 ... 6557 6558 [6559] 6560 6561 ... 13325