Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6533 6534 [6535] 6536 6537 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15742788 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98010 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:53 pm »

Apparently, Martin Luther King Jr. was at trekkie, and was instrumental in convincing the actor for Uhura to stay on the show.

Crying inside right now ;o;

Yeah, that's one of my favorite stories to tell.

Gene was so incredibly progressive. Having a black woman so high on the chain of command back then was incredible.
IIRC, Star Trek also had the first interracial kiss on national television. That was fairly unprecedented for the time as well!

IIRC the network wouldn't let the actual kiss moment occur on screen though.
Crap. Well, at least Gene (probably) had good intentions.

I saw that episode a few weeks ago; it had the kiss.
The network had them do takes with and without the kiss because they weren't sure if they should allow it or not.

After filming concluded, the network was horrified to discover that William Shatner had subtly sabotaged all the "without" takes by crossing his eyes.
Glorious.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98011 on: January 22, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »

Not sure if happy or sad, but I swear I can't relate to the posts past me made, 6-8 months ago. Almost like I'm looking at someone else.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #98012 on: January 22, 2013, 11:35:09 pm »

Not sure if happy or sad, but I swear I can't relate to the posts past me made, 6-8 months ago. Almost like I'm looking at someone else.
Is it a worse person than current you? If so, you've grown as a person, and should be happy about that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98013 on: January 23, 2013, 01:00:59 am »

I have rediscovered the magic that is Gizoogle, thanks to NeoGAF.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:10:55 am by Alnos »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98014 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:27 am »

21 May 2012 ... "I Told Yo ass Bout Stairs" be a cold-ass lil catchphrase from tha webcomic series "Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff" freestyled n' drawn by MS Paint Adventures ...

"I told Yo ass Bout Stairs"

AHAHAHAHAHA how HIGH do you even have to be to even DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #98015 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:20 am »

Send us pictures of your voice.

Hoo boy, 20 pages late in responding because i clear forgot about this. You can find plenty of pictures of my voice in my YouTube channel, link's in my sig.

Huzzah for shameless self-promotion!
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98016 on: January 23, 2013, 08:22:46 am »

[spoiler=The cliche makes me strangely happy][...]Bow'd (mostly) my way through a dungeon/cave full of undead, traps, etc. Murder something called Blood Prince Tuuron or... whatever (he had nice loot, I tooks it), walk up the stairs to his platform and... that was there. I just...

... I like Nehrim, okay? I ran up and sat on the throne, half hoping it carried some ancient curse. Unfortunately not and the camera angle was pretty crap from the chair, but. Yeah. Nehrim just has a lot of stuff like that. I don't even know if the cave's, like, special or anything. I think it's just some joint in the middle of the woods, to loot. With giant bone arches, awesome mood lighting, a few skulls on a stick, and a nice seat. Plus all the stuff I walked past/killed getting to the nice seat.
[...]
That sounds like it would be such a great place to make a mod of the mod with a mod where after perma-controlling the undead you turn it into your base of operations and with more modding construct an underground version of that torture complex there. The finishing touches would include a skeleton transformer and having your undead drag those who oppose you back to it alive; the only problem would be how far.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #98017 on: January 23, 2013, 09:32:18 am »

Finally got the harmonica I ordered and I already even managed to produce a single note. Now to practicing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98018 on: January 23, 2013, 09:34:16 am »

Send us pictures of your voice.

Hoo boy, 20 pages late in responding because i clear forgot about this. You can find plenty of pictures of my voice in my YouTube channel, link's in my sig.

Huzzah for shameless self-promotion!
That is a marvelous voice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98019 on: January 23, 2013, 10:00:44 am »

THE SNOW IS MELTING!

YES!
It is snowing where I live!

YES!
Fuck snow. Seriously.
Not everyone is in Michigan or nearby and always gets snow, MZ :)
But I can do without an earfull of ice.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98020 on: January 23, 2013, 10:52:53 am »

Feelin' good. Stressed, busy, broke, distracted and tired...but good.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98021 on: January 23, 2013, 11:18:06 am »

I think I managed to finally turn completely nocturnal now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98022 on: January 23, 2013, 12:10:42 pm »

From the Wikipizzle entry on quantum mechanics:
In advizzled topicz of quantum mechanics, a shitload of these behaviors is macroscopic n' only emerge at off tha hook (i.e., straight-up low and straight-up high) energies and temperatures. Da name quantum mechanics derives from tha observation dat some physical quantitizzles can chizzle only up in discrete amounts (Latin quanta), n' not up in a cold-ass lil continuous (cf. analog) way.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98023 on: January 23, 2013, 12:12:01 pm »

Oh fer crying out loud, do we really have to revisit that Gizoogle crap again?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98024 on: January 23, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »

It's new (and amusing) to me. I mean, I remember the old, old, old Jive filter from decades ago, which is all this really is. But it's still amusing to be able to run webpages through it.

Pages: 1 ... 6533 6534 [6535] 6536 6537 ... 13325