Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6517 6518 [6519] 6520 6521 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752352 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97770 on: January 18, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »

I'm sure the thread would make a great parent.
I dunno, I could see it going off and getting drunk, leaving the infant thread alone in a hot car, forgetting to change its diaper...

EDIT:
Also, the sale on onions went from 30c/lb to 13c/kg.

Yay for the apocalypse!
Cheap onions are a sign of the apocalypse? "And lo, the sixth angel poured out his censer, and the whole of the earth abounded with onions of the field."

Oh, wait...or is that some kind of Imperial/metric joke? I have no idea what the conversion factor is (and I refuse to Google it and spoil the joke for myself).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:34:23 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97771 on: January 18, 2013, 04:31:38 pm »

And the number of teenagers with STDs dropped from 1 in 4 to 1 in 400

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97772 on: January 18, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »

And the religious flyer turned into an ad for free dictionaries.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97773 on: January 18, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »

What's the "yellow poster" that changed? I'm not seeing it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97774 on: January 18, 2013, 04:49:04 pm »

About a year ago we discussed a proposed HIV vaccine, SAV001. I just found out it recently passed its Phase I trials without showing any adverse effects in test subjects. That's safety down, now all it needs is to do is pass human efficacy and efficiency trials (technically, it can be marketed to the general public after only the efficacy trial, but this rarely happens). This is hardly a sure thing, but I've had a good feeling about this one, and so far it has been validated.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97775 on: January 18, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »

About a year ago we discussed a proposed HIV vaccine, SAV001. I just found out it recently passed its Phase I trials without showing any adverse effects in test subjects. That's safety down, now all it needs is to do is pass human efficacy and efficiency trials (technically, it can be marketed to the general public after only the efficacy trial, but this rarely happens). This is hardly a sure thing, but I've had a good feeling about this one, and so far it has been validated.
How exactly do they run efficacy trials? "Here, take this vaccine and then we're gonna inject you with HIV..." seems rather unlikely. As does the somewhat more plausible "Here, take this vaccine and go have lots of unprotected sex with strangers..."

Cause otherwise it's just "Give vaccine to group of subjects, wait ten years and see if any of them wind up with HIV."

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97776 on: January 18, 2013, 04:59:03 pm »

How exactly do they run efficacy trials? "Here, take this vaccine and then we're gonna inject you with HIV..." seems rather unlikely.
I know they do pretty much exactly that with malaria trials, though with lab-bread mosquitoes rather than just an injection.

These are volunteers, mind you. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that you'll find some willing to take these risks. I don't see it as an ethical issue, really. The only other way is to wait, as you said, and hoist the infection test onto society rather than just doing it in the lab and knowing sooner. Either way, they have to be exposed to live HIV for us to know if the vaccine works in humans. We might as well do it under controlled conditions.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97777 on: January 18, 2013, 05:01:47 pm »

lab-bread mosquitoes

What kind of bread do they use?  :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97778 on: January 18, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »

lab-bread mosquitoes

What kind of bread do they use?  :P
* MetalSlimeHunt throttles Spellcheck's neck while screaming incoherently.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97779 on: January 18, 2013, 05:08:59 pm »

There's no way you all missed the joke about the "Four Horsemen". No way. I won't believe it. Maybe it was just too obvious to point out?

Also, I'd like to see Neil deGrasse Tyson replace Hitchens, but he refuses to, because of the implications of him not being an activist. This makes me sad, Neil.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97780 on: January 18, 2013, 05:09:32 pm »

Cat bread.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #97781 on: January 18, 2013, 05:23:02 pm »

I don't think people need HIV to test if you get sick of the vaccine.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97782 on: January 18, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »

I think they are talking about the efficacy tests now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97783 on: January 18, 2013, 05:24:59 pm »

I don't think people need HIV to test if you get sick of the vaccine.
That was Phase I. Now they need to see if it actually works.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97784 on: January 18, 2013, 05:25:43 pm »

I passed my practice CWB(Canadian Welders Bureu) test for SMAW(Shielded Metal Arc Welding) in the flat position. Now to do it again for real.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 6517 6518 [6519] 6520 6521 ... 13325