Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6516 6517 [6518] 6519 6520 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753880 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97755 on: January 18, 2013, 02:46:35 pm »

That's the mark of a good liberal: the ability to wholeheartedly support your beliefs while simultaneously mocking them in just about every way possible.
See: Liberal Crime Squad.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97756 on: January 18, 2013, 02:49:51 pm »

They obviously had to pick the most equal race / sex.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97757 on: January 18, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »

I recall seeing a rather elegant single-panel comic once. It was a trio of hands, one a black man's, one a white woman's, and one a white man's, each holding a glass of wine, toasting, "To equality!". The white man's glass was about 30% larger than the other two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97758 on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »

I mean, they didn't even include Neil deGrasse Tyson. He could have replaced one of those dudes with wimpy ass facial hair.

I shall only accept an apocalypse if it is ushered in by at least two sweet mustaches.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97759 on: January 18, 2013, 03:03:29 pm »

I shall only accept an apocalypse if it is ushered in by at least two sweet mustaches.
And that's why I shave. The end of the world can wait, yo!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97760 on: January 18, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »

To me I think they overvalue Science, Progress, Reason, and Equality.
How the hell can you overvalue those?

I mean those are four words that you can shout anywhere at any time and it'd make sense.

Don't tell me you find any of those worthless?

FOR SCIENCE
FOR PROGRESS
FOR EQUALITY
FOR REASON
FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97761 on: January 18, 2013, 03:14:00 pm »

You can value them to a degree that it causes you to value other things less, such as people who are so pro-science that they view the arts as useless. And people who are so pro-reason that they view emotion as meaningless.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #97762 on: January 18, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »

Don't forget the pro-equality people who view men as useless :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97763 on: January 18, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

You can value them to a degree that it causes you to value other things less, such as people who are so pro-science that they view the arts as useless.
This isn't overvaluing something, this is a completely new value system being put into motion. It exists already; the rise of Creationism as a direct reaction to Darwin's theory of evolution for example.

And people who are so pro-reason that they view emotion as meaningless.
And that just seems rather silly. Why stagnate the advancement of positive qualities, for fear of THE WORST POSSIBLE THING.

Case #1
I believe that Science is a legitimate means to solving phenomena, [massive_gap_in_reasoning] so arts are useless.

Case #2
Trying to be sympathetic, having empathy towards my fellow and acquiring conclusions from observable facts [massive_gap_in_reasoning] means emotions are worthless.

Pro-equality

People who view men as useless :P
Fundamental flaw here

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #97764 on: January 18, 2013, 03:27:45 pm »

This is definitely a discussion that could spiral out of control. Please if you wanna continue this take it elsewhere?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97765 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »

It'd be so much easier if forum threads had budding. Then we could just bud topics off the happy thread, into their own threads while consolidating and retaining the posts we already had on that topic that were in the happy thread.

I'm sure the thread would make a great parent.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97766 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01:09 pm »

It'd be so much easier if forum threads had budding. Then we could just bud topics off the happy thread, into their own threads while consolidating and retaining the posts we already had on that topic that were in the happy thread.

That would effectively end derailing. What would Bay12 be without derailing?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97767 on: January 18, 2013, 04:08:02 pm »

That would effectively end derailing. What would Bay12 be without derailing?
it would be more like those giant trees toady is making.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97768 on: January 18, 2013, 04:09:09 pm »

So, yeah, happiness.

I beat Fallout: New Vegas in hardcore mode and was quite pleased in that the game did not freeze during the fight at Hoover Dam this time!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97769 on: January 18, 2013, 04:26:23 pm »

Stumbled upon the Atheist Apocalypse comic again, good read, great idea, hope to see it become reality :D

The yellow poster on the wall right of the door changes between the first and the last panel.

I got bored. Sorry.

Also, the sale on onions went from 30c/lb to 13c/kg.

Yay for the apocalypse!
Pages: 1 ... 6516 6517 [6518] 6519 6520 ... 13325