Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6512 6513 [6514] 6515 6516 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746288 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97695 on: January 18, 2013, 12:05:49 am »

AFTER Baldur's Gate. Insult it at thy own risk. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97696 on: January 18, 2013, 12:06:11 am »

I'm gonna hazard a guess after Knights of the Old Republic.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97697 on: January 18, 2013, 12:13:29 am »

KotOR II was really the dividing line I think. It had the potential to be an amazing game, but the studio buckled under Christmas pressure and rushed it out before it's time, stillborning it into fetid existence.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #97698 on: January 18, 2013, 12:21:10 am »

That was Obsidian though!

And I'm actually one of the (possibly insane) minority that thinks KOTOR2 was actually better than the first one, despite all its flaws. I mean, it's like Planescape Torment 2: This Time with Laser Swords. I'll forgive any amount of bugs and unfulfilling endings for that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97699 on: January 18, 2013, 12:24:08 am »

What, am I the only one here who likes Mass Effect? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97700 on: January 18, 2013, 12:24:30 am »

Fq, are you talking about KOTORII with or without the giant mod fix pack thing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #97701 on: January 18, 2013, 12:27:47 am »

I was about to say the same thing, fqllve. I enjoyed the heck out of KOTORII. If you ignore the lack of polish near the end it's pretty epic. The first one lost a lot of its momentum after the big reveal, but the second one had a good idea of where it was building up to.

Of course, I was a lot younger when I played both KOTORs. I don't think I could stomach playing either of them again.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #97702 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:52 am »

Fq, are you talking about KOTORII with or without the giant mod fix pack thing?
I actually haven't played it since the restoration pack came out...

Like I said, possibly insane.

But I agree with Knight of Fools, I feel like on the whole it was better paced, storywise, and I definitely liked the characters better. Kreia might be one of my favorite characters in any video game.

I like Mass Effect, but I think it retroactively lost all its goodwill with the third game. Which I've yet to play or be spoiled on, actually.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97703 on: January 18, 2013, 12:37:38 am »

I like Mass Effect, but I think it retroactively lost all its goodwill with the third game. Which I've yet to play or be spoiled on, actually.
I've actively avoided everything about ME3 until I can play it for myself and judge. Considering it has no signs of being released off Origin, I still have a while to wait...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97704 on: January 18, 2013, 12:53:58 am »

Its certainly been released away from Origin. Just not in a currency-based way, one made of connection speeds. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97705 on: January 18, 2013, 12:54:51 am »

Its certainly been released away from Origin. Just not in a currency-based way, one made of connection speeds. ;)
Well, yes there is that option. Not really something to discuss in polite company :P

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #97706 on: January 18, 2013, 12:55:31 am »

But I agree with Knight of Fools, I feel like on the whole it was better paced, storywise, and I definitely liked the characters better. Kreia might be one of my favorite characters in any video game.

That's why I loved KOTOR2 so much. Freaking Kreia making me question my goody-two-shoes attitude.

I remember when...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put my mind through a loop and actually helped me come to some of my current philosophies on philanthropy and blindly helping people out. No video game, movie, book, or person has so dramatically shifted my moral perspective like KOTORII did.

Which is kind of sad, thinking about it.

But holy cow, Kreia. So freaking awesome, almost making me want to play KOTORII again.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97707 on: January 18, 2013, 01:04:45 am »

It's somewhat blurry; KOTOR was great, Bioshock was good. All of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games were blatantly formulaic rubbish, not to mention linear games pretending to be open-ended by giving you the option to do the preset story quests in different orders, or go faffing about with pointless side activities.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #97708 on: January 18, 2013, 01:09:10 am »

The Mass Effect 3 ending really didn't bother me, I mean, it's not like it went back and retroactively deleted the 500 hours of enjoyment I'd gotten out of the series so far. I don't go to watch a film, enjoy every second of it, then go and demand my money back because it's god a slightly subpar ending.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97709 on: January 18, 2013, 01:13:09 am »

That's why I loved KOTOR2 so much. Freaking Kreia making me question my goody-two-shoes attitude.

I remember when...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put my mind through a loop and actually helped me come to some of my current philosophies on philanthropy and blindly helping people out. No video game, movie, book, or person has so dramatically shifted my moral perspective like KOTORII did.

Which is kind of sad, thinking about it.

But holy cow, Kreia. So freaking awesome, almost making me want to play KOTORII again.

See, my problem with this is that... Kreia says the same damn thing right there no matter what you do. She's saying, "No matter what you do, nothing changes." Which is fucking bullshit, pardon my language. The only way nothing changes is when you do NOTHING. If you're attempting to change things, for better or worse, then things will change. Even if it's only a miniscule amount.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6512 6513 [6514] 6515 6516 ... 13325