Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6505 6506 [6507] 6508 6509 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787981 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97590 on: January 16, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

Brie is so much better than gouda. Admit it or be a pinko-facsist loser.
 :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97591 on: January 16, 2013, 06:58:04 pm »

people who prefer gouda over brie.
THOSE MONSTERS!

In serious, I classify things like this as "in poor taste" if there's actual malice intended and/or conveyed. This game sounds to me to be more like a physics simulator on a very common and almost mythical physics problem: the magic bullet. Not something that's insulting JFK's memory or something ridiculous like that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97592 on: January 16, 2013, 07:01:23 pm »

people who prefer gouda over brie.
THOSE MONSTERS!

In serious, I classify things like this as "in poor taste" if there's actual malice intended and/or conveyed. This game sounds to me to be more like a physics simulator on a very common and almost mythical physics problem: the magic bullet. Not something that's insulting JFK's memory or something ridiculous like that.
Ostensibly, it's supposed to "prove" that Oswald was indeed the shooter from the warehouse like the official story is, by letting players make the shots and seeing if they can replicate the exact events. It has really nice bullet physics and you can trace the path of each individual shot to see how it ricochets and where it hits people.

In practice, people often shoot the driver of the limo so the it careens out of control and enjoy the lulz.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97593 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03:06 pm »

I've decided to restart my old habit of randomly hugging people on PM's, to spread random happiness.

Beware c:

Eiji for Shogun 2013!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97594 on: January 16, 2013, 07:19:33 pm »

In practice, people often shoot the driver of the limo so the it careens out of control and enjoy the lulz.
Or they try to get the secret service guy onto the limo and then shoot him in the ass.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97595 on: January 16, 2013, 07:21:27 pm »

Or they try to get the secret service guy onto the limo and then shoot him in the ass.
Ah, yes. Good times...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97596 on: January 16, 2013, 07:25:50 pm »

Murder has never sounded so fun!

Where can I get this?
FilePlanet has it. Not sure if there's an official website for it or not.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97597 on: January 16, 2013, 07:32:26 pm »

Playing a Nuzlocke game of Fire Red.  Doing pretty well so far, I'm at Cerulean city, but all I have is a Charmeleon, Magikarp, and Pidgey.  I'm thinking about doing a less strict Ironman mode, where I can catch all the Pokemon I want but they're still permanently dead.  What do you guys think, would that make it too easy?
Shoes...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #97598 on: January 16, 2013, 07:39:58 pm »

Last time I played a nuzlocke I catched all of them anyways. Hell, after a while most of new zones only had pokemon I already had ;_;
(I didn't play with permadeath though, and if I first encountered a pokemon I already had I just ignored it)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97599 on: January 16, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »

So you caught all the pokemon you wanted, and didn't have permadeath?  how's that even nuzlocke?
Shoes...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #97600 on: January 16, 2013, 07:46:06 pm »

My thoughts exactly.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97601 on: January 16, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »

So you caught all the pokemon you wanted, and didn't have permadeath?  how's that even nuzlocke?

Yeah, I gave up on my Platinum Nuzlocke because I ended up with a rather different to normal party, specifically a Flareon. :D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97602 on: January 16, 2013, 07:49:49 pm »

I might try a permadeath run, but I can't stand catching just one per route. I gotta catch em all, man!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97603 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »

I've been very strict so far.  If a pokemon dies it's gone.  Period.  If I don't catch the very first pokemon I find in a route or zone too bad, even if it was a duplicate.  Strictly interpreting routes, I don't get to catch a pokemon on route 2 before and after viridian forest.

It's been pretty tough.  I'm worried that if I eliminate the first-catch rule, the game will become super easy, though.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97604 on: January 16, 2013, 07:54:34 pm »

Playing a Nuzlocke game of Fire Red.  Doing pretty well so far, I'm at Cerulean city, but all I have is a Charmeleon, Magikarp, and Pidgey.  I'm thinking about doing a less strict Ironman mode, where I can catch all the Pokemon I want but they're still permanently dead.  What do you guys think, would that make it too easy?

Well, do you play Nuzlockes to force you self to use monsters you normally wouldn't? (One of the main purposes)
If so, you might replace it with some other restriction. Perhaps you are allowed to catch one pokemon per "timer tic over", and when the timer goes off whichever pokemon you face next is your "catch it or lose it" opportunity? That way you aren't just ground down and it isn't completely unfun.
Pages: 1 ... 6505 6506 [6507] 6508 6509 ... 13325