Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6502 6503 [6504] 6505 6506 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788084 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97545 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:54 pm »

So in other words:
The Thing < One branch of one faction of WH40k
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97546 on: January 16, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »

Honestly, when your weakness is 'Flamethrowers', you're pretty fucked in WH40K. There is an ENTIRE FACTION that basically uses ALL FLAMETHROWERS ALL THE TIME.

Edit: Also, this makes me inordinately happy: http://www.xkcd.com/
Specifically, today's comic, about Hand Sanitizer. Everyone at works thinks I'm an idiot for not hand-sanitizing every thirty seconds, 'Because people touch all this stuff! Ew! Germs!' First of all, a huge portion of the germs DON'T DIE.
Second of all, I never get sick for a reason. Because I am constantly exposing my immune system to bacteria and such. My Immune System is level 10, bitches.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:31:55 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97547 on: January 16, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »

Which Horus Heresy book was this?
Also, Thing's weakness isn't so much flamethrowers as flamethrowers are the only way to take it down outside of armor. After all, a human is also vulnerable to a flamethrower. What if the Thing got it's appendages on some actual tech?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97548 on: January 16, 2013, 03:31:38 pm »

Hell, except for the Necrons and Tyranids, everyone has some sort of flame weapon, often the most common support weapon for basic infantry. And for the two above, Necrons have gauss flayers (rip targets apart on the atomic level) and are made of metal, while 'nids have a variety of acidic and bio-plasma "weapons".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97549 on: January 16, 2013, 03:33:19 pm »

True, and apart from the Nids, and I'm probably wrong on this - everyone has armor of some sort. Plus the Thing being essentially superTyranids in terms of mutation potential.
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97550 on: January 16, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »

I love having other people doing debating for me.
That said, I'd introduce the Thing aka Jerry or whatever LW is calling it, but then I run the risk of creating raeguments again.

Jeffrey. It was a glorious derail.

I like how you two made me read some four pages of JeffVMurphy discussion simply because I had no idea why would someone nuke Jeff, or who Jeff was.

Honestly, when your weakness is 'Flamethrowers', you're pretty fucked in WH40K. There is an ENTIRE FACTION that basically uses ALL FLAMETHROWERS ALL THE TIME.
That and the numerous species that aren't even made of any discernible biomass. And 3rd edition crons have that fluffy lovecraftian feel to them; it's the difference between a paranoia bodyshock horror blob and a distant cosmic trigger held against your skull led by Star Gods of unknowable existence.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97551 on: January 16, 2013, 03:40:42 pm »

Which Horus Heresy book was this?
Also, Thing's weakness isn't so much flamethrowers as flamethrowers are the only way to take it down outside of armor. After all, a human is also vulnerable to a flamethrower. What if the Thing got it's appendages on some actual tech?

Nemesis

And... WH40K has armor. (Leman Russ, Rhinos, Chaos Predators, Tau Hovertanks, Eldar Hovertanks, Necron Destroyers, Ork Trukks) And more armor. (Whirlwind, Basilisk, Excorsist) And bigger armor. (Baneblade, Shadowsword, Defiler) And Titans. (Including Bio-Titans, Eldar Titans, and Ork Gargants) And Exterminatus.

Hell, except for the Necrons and Tyranids, everyone has some sort of flame weapon, often the most common support weapon for basic infantry. And for the two above, Necrons have gauss flayers (rip targets apart on the atomic level) and are made of metal, while 'nids have a variety of acidic and bio-plasma "weapons".

Also, I strongly suspect you would just make nastier Tyranids if you absorbed them with the Thing.

That and the numerous species that aren't even made of any discernible biomass. And 3rd edition crons have that fluffy lovecraftian feel to them; it's the difference between a paranoia bodyshock horror blob and a distant cosmic trigger held against your skull led by Star Gods of unknowable existence.

And the ones that ARE made of biomass are distinctively capable of defending themselves quite well.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97552 on: January 16, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »

The imperium would probably send so many imperial guardsmen at the thing it'd die of a heart attack. The Emperor's cholesterol.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #97553 on: January 16, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »

Or just saturation bomb the planet from orbit.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97554 on: January 16, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »

Assuming it's only on one planet.
Sig! Onol

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97555 on: January 16, 2013, 04:08:16 pm »

Meh, Angry Marines Exterminatus. Destroy the ENTIRE SECTOR.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97556 on: January 16, 2013, 04:08:40 pm »

I just had alot of fun with a really controversial assasination simulator.
It wasent really the target, dont really have opinions on presidents, but rather the ballistics.
That game was cool. Rather harsh though.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97557 on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »

Meh, Angry Marines Exterminatus. Destroy the ENTIRE SECTOR.
Assuming it's in one sector.
Could be, but still.
Sig! Onol

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #97558 on: January 16, 2013, 04:12:08 pm »

It wasent really the target, dont really have opinions on presidents, but rather the ballistics.

OH! JFK reloaded! Yeah that's fun to play with. Especially trying to do derpy things like making the convoy wreck itself or shooting Jackies hat off without killing her dead.

I need to see if I can find that again
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97559 on: January 16, 2013, 04:14:02 pm »

OH! JFK reloaded! Yeah that's fun to play with. Especially trying to do derpy things like making the convoy wreck itself or shooting Jackies hat off without killing her dead.

I need to see if I can find that again

PM me.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 6502 6503 [6504] 6505 6506 ... 13325