Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6501 6502 [6503] 6504 6505 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789260 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97530 on: January 16, 2013, 01:43:16 pm »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97531 on: January 16, 2013, 02:41:24 pm »

But I have one very specific man in mind:
CIAPHAS CAIN, THE HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
As much as I brofist you on the Cain love, dude's also pretty much not what you'd call a good guy (even if you give that th'writings related to him are highly self-depreciating), nor is he even remotely working for good guys :P

He's sorta' working for the humans that want to remain sorta' humans, but that's about the best you can give th'poor fellow. Grim dark future, mang. WH40k doesn't even really have an isolationist faction, iirc. Just lots of bad guys, some of which are moderately not as bad as others (on some days of the week).
WHAT?! You blasphemer! You HERETIC.
"And thus the prophet spake, saying 'Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments.'"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ciaphas Cain may not be a Hero, but he is heroic. I don't care how much you talk about how afraid you are, anyone that sword fights a Beserker of Khorne is fucking heroic as all hell.

Also, he sleeps with an Inquisitor. Which, admittedly, is irrelevant to my point, but totally awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97532 on: January 16, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

But I have one very specific man in mind:
CIAPHAS CAIN, THE HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
As much as I brofist you on the Cain love, dude's also pretty much not what you'd call a good guy (even if you give that th'writings related to him are highly self-depreciating), nor is he even remotely working for good guys :P

He's sorta' working for the humans that want to remain sorta' humans, but that's about the best you can give th'poor fellow. Grim dark future, mang. WH40k doesn't even really have an isolationist faction, iirc. Just lots of bad guys, some of which are moderately not as bad as others (on some days of the week).
WHAT?! You blasphemer! You HERETIC.
"And thus the prophet spake, saying 'Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments.'"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ciaphas Cain may not be a Hero, but he is heroic. I don't care how much you talk about how afraid you are, anyone that sword fights a Beserker of Khorne is fucking heroic as all hell.

Also, he sleeps with an Inquisitor. Which, admittedly, is irrelevant to my point, but totally awesome.
Two Berserkers of Khorne. Plus a genestealer patriarch, a hive tyrant, a (mostly) invisible cultist, an Ork warboss, and let's not forget a Chaos Warmaster.

I'm not even gonna touch on his romantic escapades :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97533 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »

Hmmm. CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM vs. CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH. Who would win?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97534 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:33 pm »

Hmmm. CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM vs. CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH. Who would win?
Probably BRIAN BLESSED out of nowhere. Theres enough caps for it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97535 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:22 pm »

I left him out on purpose. Ear damage hurts like fuck and is absolutely broken.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97536 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:18 pm »

No one would win. The universe would implode first.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97537 on: January 16, 2013, 03:04:15 pm »

Indeed. And trying to introduce anything but the most ridiculously OP'ed characters into it gets them ripped apart; I'm currently trying to figure out how various alien species would do in the setting.

Xenomorphs from Aliens fail in this 'verse. Because Tyranids.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97538 on: January 16, 2013, 03:07:35 pm »

Indeed. And trying to introduce anything but the most ridiculously OP'ed characters into it gets them ripped apart; I'm currently trying to figure out how various alien species would do in the setting.

Tyranids with acid blood. Dear God-Emperor, the ones that spit or shoot acid are bad enough.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97539 on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:30 pm »

Tyranids with acid blood. Dear God-Emperor, the ones that spit or shoot acid are bad enough.
Tyranids VS Zerg.

No survivors.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97540 on: January 16, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »

Tyranids VS Zerg.

No survivors.
Tyranids have more (and heavier) ranged weapons, while still maintaining plenty of close-combat capability. I'd give them the edge over Zerg any day.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97541 on: January 16, 2013, 03:19:34 pm »

Tyranids VS Zerg.

No survivors.
Tyranids have more (and heavier) ranged weapons, while still maintaining plenty of close-combat capability. I'd give them the edge over Zerg any day.

This. It's also implied that Tyranids have consumed multiple galaxies already, and the FUCKHUEG MASSIVE Hive Fleets are actually just a tiny, tiny fraction of the true might of the Hive.

Also, there were rules for Tyranids with acid blood in some of the earlier editions, IIRC. It was pretty nasty. "Oh, your terminator chaplain with 200+ pts of assorted gear just killed my carnifex in hand to hand and survived with a single wound left? Acid blood, bitch. I hope he wasn't important."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97542 on: January 16, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

More importantly, at the end of the day there'd be this tyrazerg monstrosity rampaging around and you probably wouldn't be able to tell who actually won (in the last few moments of your existence as anything but bug food, anyway). It's kind of a moot battle if the victor is indiscernible.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97543 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:21 pm »

I love having other people doing debating for me.
That said, I'd introduce the Thing aka Jerry or whatever LW is calling it, but then I run the risk of creating raeguments again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97544 on: January 16, 2013, 03:24:39 pm »

Ultrafex.
Hormaling.
Mutagoyle.
Hydrawarrior.

Yep. You're fucked. Tyrazerg is an awesome name, by the by.

I love having other people doing debating for me.
That said, I'd introduce the Thing aka Jerry or whatever LW is calling it, but then I run the risk of creating raeguments again.

The Thing versus All of WH40K
They did that already. In one of the Horus Heresy Books. He had the potential to kill the Emperor, and was also a super-shape-shifting monstrosity thing that could absorb people nigh-instantly and perfectly mimic them. He got ganked by a shitpile of assorted Assassins. A Culexus, a Vindicare, etcetera.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6501 6502 [6503] 6504 6505 ... 13325