Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6500 6501 [6502] 6503 6504 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789365 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97515 on: January 16, 2013, 02:31:44 am »

After spending 8 years floundering in the work force, being able to say you're earning a living off freelance creative work you genuinely enjoy?

Totally worth it.
Major congrats Soli! So what and where have you been writing, by the way?

Anyway, what brought me to this thread: My mom didn't need help getting into bed tonight. I feel confident that I should be able to go home for a little while tomorrow (she's staying at my aunt's house for the next few months, and my aunt can't be around right now because of work).  She should be fine by herself, and I should be able to do my laundry and pet my kitties.

Also, I have an opportunity to be in an independent film (besides the one I played an extra in the summer of 2011 and haven't heard much about since), and I think I might go for it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97516 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:53 am »

But I have one very specific man in mind:
CIAPHAS CAIN, THE HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
As much as I brofist you on the Cain love, dude's also pretty much not what you'd call a good guy (even if you give that th'writings related to him are highly self-depreciating), nor is he even remotely working for good guys :P

He's sorta' working for the humans that want to remain sorta' humans, but that's about the best you can give th'poor fellow. Grim dark future, mang. WH40k doesn't even really have an isolationist faction, iirc. Just lots of bad guys, some of which are moderately not as bad as others (on some days of the week).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97517 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:58 am »

So I saw Les Miserables. It's ridiculous how good that movie is.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97518 on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:07 am »

As much as I brofist you on the Cain love, dude's also pretty much not what you'd call a good guy (even if you give that th'writings related to him are highly self-depreciating), nor is he even remotely working for good guys :P

He's sorta' working for the humans that want to remain sorta' humans, but that's about the best you can give th'poor fellow. Grim dark future, mang. WH40k doesn't even really have an isolationist faction, iirc. Just lots of bad guys, some of which are moderately not as bad as others (on some days of the week).
Indeed. And trying to introduce anything but the most ridiculously OP'ed characters into it gets them ripped apart; I'm currently trying to figure out how various alien species would do in the setting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97519 on: January 16, 2013, 05:43:35 am »

Ehehehehe~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97520 on: January 16, 2013, 06:29:59 am »

Ehehehehe~
Indeed. The Yajuta aren't doing so good, unfortunately. Ah well.
Also, just read Changes in the Dresden Files. Holee shitpickles. That final showdown was just ... just ... it was pure WIZZERD.
Sig! Onol

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97521 on: January 16, 2013, 06:39:11 am »

Yeah, Mr Butcher is good with that stuff

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97522 on: January 16, 2013, 06:42:38 am »

Yeah, Mr Butcher is good with that stuff
Oh Ebenezar McCoy, you da bes. And the Merlin too, I guess, what with him
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and Injun Joe, for that business with the
Ancient Mai is just scary, Gatekeeper is one of those guys that is the man behind the man that actually turned out to be a decoy because he's been hiding behind you since birth, and I'm basically just saying that wizards are badass.
Sig! Onol

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97523 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:08 am »

Not to mention Mr Dresden himself, being pretty much the biggest badass of all of them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97524 on: January 16, 2013, 06:47:27 am »

Not to mention Mr Dresden himself, being pretty much the biggest badass of all of them.
*potential. For now, I still give the heavyweight belt to Ebenezar
McCoy. For now. After all,
Sig! Onol

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97525 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:36 am »

I happen to like a girl. Instead of me getting all fluttery and nervous as I had with every girl before, I feel happy and confident that I can get her.

And you know what? After doing a bit of reading, and understanding just what I know, it's working. I mean, obviously there was a slight attraction originally, but I think I'm actually managing to make things work this time. She's getting back to University on Friday, and we're going to see each other on Saturday. She asked me when I was getting back. To other people, not a big deal, but to me, HUGE shift. Now, she's asking me for help on a paper. Again, something small, but it shows she has at least a small bit of trust in me, especially to come to ask for help.

I'm not going to be cocky and say it's in the bag, because I don't know what is going to happen in the future. I do know that she has the sweetest smile and a mirthful laugh, and that we get along well with each other, and I've made her laugh before, and she's made me laugh. I don't know what you really need for a strong relationship, seeing as I've never been in one, but something tells me that's part of it.

Also, I've noticed I can flow the heat around in my body. There's this wonderful warmth that is in my abdomen, and I can push it up to my chest, but it remains in the abdomen while at rest. It is a wonderful feeling, and I believe it may be my qi. Considering I really noticed it after I read the Dao De Zhing for the first time and it connected with my knowledge, particularly my scientific knowledge, I think it just may be my qi.

TL;DR I found someone to be with, I became Daoist seeing as it's compatible with quantum physics, and I found my qi.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #97526 on: January 16, 2013, 11:22:06 am »

CHEESE IN THE TRAP 3-1 is OUT!
So much happy! <3
Love so much!
Kyaaaaa~! xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97527 on: January 16, 2013, 12:03:18 pm »

In the most recent book, Mr. Dresden becomes much more of a heavy hitter. Though I think Ebenezar is still more bad ass, if only because of experience. Old age and treachery, and all that.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97528 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »

WHAT?! You blasphemer! You HERETIC.
"And thus the prophet spake, saying 'Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments.'"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97529 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:52 pm »

In the most recent book, Mr. Dresden becomes much more of a heavy hitter. Though I think Ebenezar is still more bad ass, if only because of experience. Old age and treachery, and all that.
2 more books to go!
Until I reach the newest one, that is.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6500 6501 [6502] 6503 6504 ... 13325