Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6499 6500 [6501] 6502 6503 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789029 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97500 on: January 15, 2013, 07:13:12 pm »

I just checked out the student life page of my soon-to-be alma mater (UOklahoma, where I'm enrolling in the fall).

They have no cricket club.

Looks like I'm going to start one!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:16:45 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97501 on: January 15, 2013, 07:25:27 pm »

Dude, have you no respect for galactic history? Shame on you!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97502 on: January 15, 2013, 07:27:53 pm »

I just checked out the student life page of my soon-to-be alma mater (UOklahoma, where I'm enrolling in the fall).

Strange, mine had a cricket club (Minnesota State-Mankato), and it was a much smaller school.  Of course, we also had a large number of Sri Lankan students.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #97503 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »

Strange, mine had a cricket club (Minnesota State-Mankato), and it was a much smaller school.  Of course, we also had a large number of Sri Lankan students.

OU has student organizations for Sri Lankans, Indians, Pakistanis, Nepalis, Bangladeshis and Malaysians.

Maybe they do have it, but just as a pan-South Asian thing...?

Or I could join the "Sooner Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives". Those sound like thrilling meetings. I bet they meet on Friday evenings for the really, really, astonishingly dull business students.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:36:51 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97504 on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:40 pm »

Making good progress on the shelves I've been building. It feels so weird to have measured precisely enough to have everything fit just so and have shelves actually tailored to how I move and position myself in that part of the house. But it's also so nice to have something done.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97505 on: January 15, 2013, 08:37:12 pm »

DESTRUCTIVE TESTING! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97506 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »

9pm? Looks like it's dinner time.

Only have one slice of bread? Time for an open-faced tuna melt.
No soup left? Cup o' noodles to the rescue.
Running low on tea? Rebrew the stuff from this morning.

After spending 8 years floundering in the work force, being able to say you're earning a living off freelance creative work you genuinely enjoy?

Totally worth it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97507 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:56 pm »

If I take drugs, remind me not to come onto these forums. One set of crazy colours in my head is bad enough, a second set on the screen...

I remember one time when I was on the forums in a less-than-perfect state of mind. I saw Itnetlolor's old avatar, the one with the trees, and ended up staring at it for like five minutes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97508 on: January 15, 2013, 11:45:46 pm »

Had a funny conversation regarding the WWII with a friend.

Pnx: Say what you will about the Nazi's, they had the best looking uniforms in WWII.
Nechan: DUH
Nechan: those were Aramani
Nechan: fucking styling
Nechan: Nazis knew fashion
Pnx: Versus the allies who were all brown and olive and such... Which basically made them look like giant turds by comparison.
Nechan: black is a very commanding color
Nechan: puts you in charge
Nechan: wrap a pretty red ribbon on that and its fucking classy
Pnx: Maybe that's why they lost the war, the Nazi's were all like, "I don't wanna get my nice uniform all mucked up by crawling around in the dirt..." While the allies didn't give a crap, I mean who cares about their crappy shit looking uniform?
Nechan: most likely

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97509 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:31 pm »

It wasn't Armani, just for the record. It was Hugo Boss.

Also: My W2 just posted! I'm about to do my taxes at almost midnight...like a BOSS.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:49:04 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97510 on: January 16, 2013, 12:21:43 am »

It wasn't Armani, just for the record. It was Hugo Boss.
Yeah, she doesn't always get her facts straight, and Hugo Boss didn't even really design any of the uniforms as far as I know, he just made a lot of them in his factories thanks to contracts gained through being an early member of the party.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97511 on: January 16, 2013, 02:11:09 am »

Pnx: Say what you will about the Nazi's, they had the best looking uniforms in WWII.
Pnx: Versus the allies who were all brown and olive and such... Which basically made them look like giant turds by comparison.
Pnx: Maybe that's why they lost the war, the Nazi's were all like, "I don't wanna get my nice uniform all mucked up by crawling around in the dirt..." While the allies didn't give a crap, I mean who cares about their crappy shit looking uniform?

Fucking Nazis and their snappy sense of fashion and awesome language. Bastards. What is most awesome about them is that they unironically wore skulls and stuff on their uniforms. Like Mitchell and Webb Look Lampshaded:
M: "Um... Are we the bad guys?"
W: "What? No. Of course not. We're the good guys. They're the bad guys."
M: "But... We've got little skulls on our hats... The Good Guys never wear skulls on their hats..."
W: "..."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97512 on: January 16, 2013, 02:16:01 am »

Fucking Nazis and their snappy sense of fashion and awesome language. Bastards. What is most awesome about them is that they unironically wore skulls and stuff on their uniforms. Like Mitchell and Webb Look Lampshaded:
M: "Um... Are we the bad guys?"
W: "What? No. Of course not. We're the good guys. They're the bad guys."
M: "But... We've got little skulls on our hats... The Good Guys never wear skulls on their hats..."
W: "..."
They've obviously never been introduced to Warhammer 40,000 :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #97513 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:27 am »

... there's a "good guys" in WH40k?

Wait, wait... I know this one. It was the squats, right? Didn't those things get eaten or something? Or... crap, what, the Tau? Not sure if I'd count the unironic cannibal buddies as good, per se. Most of the Tau don't seem to lean toward the skull motif, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97514 on: January 16, 2013, 02:27:55 am »

Well, there are different degrees of "good". For most of the universe, it ranges from "probably won't kill you if you look at him funny" to "something bad that was redacted because the first spoiler in the OP needs to be reread".

But I have one very specific man in mind:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:20:30 am by Toady One »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6499 6500 [6501] 6502 6503 ... 13325