Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6462 6463 [6464] 6465 6466 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757738 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96945 on: January 05, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »

I've been extremely cautious, so worry not. I've known her for 8.5 years, and the engagement will be long-ish, and I've asked all the questions I can think of (especially the uncomfortable ones).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96946 on: January 05, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »

Invite meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96947 on: January 05, 2013, 11:12:35 pm »

Cheese in the dough yields promising results. Next time I'll simplify the recipe a bit and alter the flour mix. Soon...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #96948 on: January 05, 2013, 11:28:10 pm »

I've been extremely cautious, so worry not. I've known her for 8.5 years, and the engagement will be long-ish, and I've asked all the questions I can think of (especially the uncomfortable ones).

Oh that's awesome, then.  From the posts on the forum, this all seemed very sudden.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96949 on: January 05, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »

My two primary notes are A) Congrats! Officially recognized and publicly announced monogamy (Well, presumably...) can be a large step in our culture. Just remember Wittgenstein's ladder ;D

... and B) Maybe talk to a lawyer at some point before the actual marriage, to find out precisely what the legal consequences are, if you haven't already.

It's annoying that there's so much fiscal/legal entanglement involved with the ceremony if you want it acknowledged officially, but it is what it is and going in with eyes wide open is... probably important. I guess. I've known a few people that didn't that ended up bit in the nether regions by it (and not in any particularly pleasing ways).

Cheese in the dough yields promising results. Next time I'll simplify the recipe a bit and alter the flour mix. Soon...
Your mention of cheesy bread dough has intrigued me, for cheese improves all things. What are you attempting?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:35:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96950 on: January 05, 2013, 11:34:26 pm »

Oh that's awesome, then.  From the posts on the forum, this all seemed very sudden.
The relationship portion could be considered sudden. But when you go from essentially "best friend" to "romantic partner," I feel we have an excuse :P

No one knows me better than her, and I know her extremely well. All my remaining worries are related to potential issues living together, and these last few days have systematically obliterated those. Not to mention I'd be willing to give my all to solve any problems that may arise, and she's made it quite clear she'd want to work through any troubles as well.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96951 on: January 05, 2013, 11:39:41 pm »

The relationship portion could be considered sudden. But when you go from essentially "best friend" to "romantic partner," I feel we have an excuse :P

No one knows me better than her, and I know her extremely well. All my remaining worries are related to potential issues living together, and these last few days have systematically obliterated those. Not to mention I'd be willing to give my all to solve any problems that may arise, and she's made it quite clear she'd want to work through any troubles as well.
It's just that, you're new to the relationship part, which, and I know you don't think it is, but it IS a very significant change from friend. There are different expectations. Things could happen. This is new.

Also, I'm going to note to Doctus the chance of Divorce doubles if you have doubts before marriage, any doubts, even semmingly insignificant ones, and you do not voice them. Seriously, doubles. Statistics. 100% more likely you'll divorce. That goes for kaiyjuu too. If you have doubts, for the love of god talk about them, NOW. Or even with a marriage counseler, seriously. Anyone.

Captain Cynic to the Rescue! (You know what they say about Cynics? Somone who sees the world as it is, not as it ought to be. Actually, that's going in my sig. The devil's Dictionary, I love that.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96952 on: January 05, 2013, 11:41:34 pm »

Aye misko, very much agree with you. Hence why I've emphasized openness and honestly regarding any sort of negative feelings whatsoever since day 1.

(PS: I don't feel ya'll are raining on my parade or anything, so don't feel bad about bringing up concerns)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:45:58 pm by kaijyuu »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96953 on: January 05, 2013, 11:46:21 pm »

While we are mentioning the devil's dictionary:
MARRIAGE, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96954 on: January 05, 2013, 11:49:44 pm »

Har har, Misko.  :P

But yeah, congratulations, Kai. I wish you both the best.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96955 on: January 06, 2013, 02:06:15 am »

Your mention of cheesy bread dough has intrigued me, for cheese improves all things. What are you attempting?
I melted cheese, and then kneaded it into the dough before it could cool. It's resulted in a much chewier, heavier bread, which is a plus for me. Still needs tweaking before any kind of recipe can get posted.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96956 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16:21 am »

Dude. Shredded cheese is much easier to work with, and gives greater consistency.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96957 on: January 06, 2013, 02:20:43 am »

Hm... what do you mean by that? My goal here was to make the cheese a part of the dough, rather than to suspend pockets of cheese in the dough, if that's what you're getting at. Working with non-wheat flours, so it's partially an attempt at gluten substitution.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96958 on: January 06, 2013, 02:38:46 am »

I seem to have mistaken your intentions, and give you a raised eyebrow, instead. ???

FakeEdit: In other news, I don't have to work today. This is the first Sunday I've had off since the football season started. Girlfriend wants me to teach her about football. AWW YEAH!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:38:10 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #96959 on: January 06, 2013, 10:47:46 am »

NHL's back!  Kind of!
Pages: 1 ... 6462 6463 [6464] 6465 6466 ... 13325