Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6416 6417 [6418] 6419 6420 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799239 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96255 on: December 27, 2012, 12:59:25 am »

Digging holes in the ground is... strangely pleasurable. Even with the number of memories related to dead pets attached to the process.

I'm not really sure why. There's just something very... fundamental. About making an absence for nature to abhor. Then putting something in it.

Shovels are neat.

Take up gardening if you haven't. My parents hate the regular de-weeding, but there is something very primal and satisfying about slaying the weeds.
Yeah, seeing the fire bursting, tearing them apart atomically, watching in joy as the flame consumes them, weed by weed the garden reduced to ash...

Yeah, de-weeding is !!fun!!.
Fighting a thicket that had grown on a wooden fence shared by myself and a neighbour... That had grown over 11 years of neglect. Fire was overkill - I did not want to cause the second fire of London.
With bread knife, saw, shears and tenacity, I began my siege of the thickets beyond the fences of madness...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96256 on: December 27, 2012, 01:17:18 am »

Ramen.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96257 on: December 27, 2012, 01:28:25 am »

I'm going to be ships cook for six weeks on a sailboat to the Bahamas, leaving in two weeks. Hell yes.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96258 on: December 27, 2012, 01:36:19 am »

Yesterday, I met the girlfriend's parents. (Well, mom and stepdad.) Today, she met mine.

Wat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96259 on: December 27, 2012, 01:36:39 am »

I'm going to be ships cook for six weeks on a sailboat to the Bahamas, leaving in two weeks. Hell yes.
That sounds like a bitchin experience.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96260 on: December 27, 2012, 02:12:56 am »

No kidding! Is it a paying job? Any chance you can bring an assistant? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96261 on: December 27, 2012, 02:19:04 am »

No, however free trip to the Bahamas and all that. Also, no. Sorry, Sirius. :P
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96262 on: December 27, 2012, 02:22:59 am »

Free trip to the bahamas and apparently food and board for a month and a half. That sounds like pay to me, just not in money :P

... unless they're not feeding you as you go along. Then... yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96263 on: December 27, 2012, 02:39:27 am »

No, however free trip to the Bahamas and all that. Also, no. Sorry, Sirius. :P
Ah, well. Can't blame a guy for asking :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96264 on: December 27, 2012, 03:04:37 am »

I got a Dirk shirt :3

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96265 on: December 27, 2012, 03:07:45 am »

Is that a shirt made out of large daggers?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96266 on: December 27, 2012, 03:09:17 am »

I survived the depths of /tg/ and managed to find a thread discussing the implications of The Thing in Warhammer 40k.
In essence, good things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96267 on: December 27, 2012, 03:28:46 am »

Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam. Now my Chao and my Chao stat+breeding spreadsheets are on the same machine! Bwahaha!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96268 on: December 27, 2012, 08:52:15 am »

Yesterday, I met the girlfriend's parents. (Well, mom and stepdad.) Today, she met mine.

Wat.
Congratulations on surviving the parental rite. I always went into that sort of thing mumbling, "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer..."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96269 on: December 27, 2012, 09:10:27 am »

Wat.
Congratulations on surviving the parental rite. I always went into that sort of thing mumbling, "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer..."
You have nothing to fear but fear itself!

And the possibility of your parents going insane upon meeting your GF.

No, it's usually one of three things:

1. Oh god, I hope her parents don't disapprove of me attempt to devour my soul.
2. Oh god, I hope my parents don't disapprove of her attempt to devour her soul.
3. Oh god, I hope my parents don't bring up a litany of embarrassing moments from my childhood.

Meet the Parents is one of the most painfully awkward hilarious movies I've ever seen, because it really is every guy's worst nightmare.

EDIT: Also just realized that MZ and I have that other terrifying rite: having her meet the kids. Because while your parents may not like your date, they'll typically be civil enough to keep that private until later. Children have no such qualms.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:23:25 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6416 6417 [6418] 6419 6420 ... 13325