Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6415 6416 [6417] 6418 6419 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799293 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96240 on: December 26, 2012, 04:26:57 pm »

Oh God, my sides hurt...was talking to an agent today who had had the misfortune of talking to one of the least-intelligent and least-skillled people we have around here, and I saved her from being given horrifically bad instructions that would have probably led to her computer being hosed. This led to us talking about the problem of it being somewhat a crapshoot as far as what level of competency you'll get when you contact us, and how to solve that problem.

Her: "Oh! Hey, I know...maybe they arrange you guys in tiers, and the easiest stuff goes to the least-skilled people and you could be like the next tier up."

Me: ".....umm...that's kind of how it already is. And yeah, I'm a senior tier technician." I'm grinning and trying not to laugh or make her feel bad, because she's genuinely trying to be helpful.

Her: "Oh. Okay.....Ooh, okay then how about when the unskilled people get something and they don't know how to fix it, they could transfer them to the next tier up?"

Me: <awkward silence>

Her: "They already do that, huh?"

Me: "Yup."

Her: "Well, FUCK. You're on your own, then."

HOWLS of laughter. Feels good man.

Back when I worked at subway, I put marinara sauce on my sub. They don't have that sauce up front; it's for the meatballs. I can't exactly ask for them to go in the back and open a package either, so after I quit, I couldn't quite make my perfect sandwich anymore...

...until I noticed today they now offer barbecue sauce, which is a more than adequate substitute~
....you can't just say, "Hey, can I get some meatball sauce on my sub?" Cause the meatballs are right there in front of you. With sauce.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96241 on: December 26, 2012, 04:29:11 pm »

Back when I worked at subway, I put marinara sauce on my sub. They don't have that sauce up front; it's for the meatballs. I can't exactly ask for them to go in the back and open a package either, so after I quit, I couldn't quite make my perfect sandwich anymore...

...until I noticed today they now offer barbecue sauce, which is a more than adequate substitute~
....you can't just say, "Hey, can I get some meatball sauce on my sub?" Cause the meatballs are right there in front of you. With sauce.
Vegetarian. :P I ain't eating no marinara sauce that's been soaked in filthy dead flesh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96242 on: December 26, 2012, 04:30:50 pm »

Vegetarian. :P I ain't eating no marinara sauce that's been soaked in filthy dead flesh.
Mmm. Delicious Filthy dead flesh. Now I want my turkey to be ready. Not for four more hours though, just put it in.

It looks good though. It was delayed due to my being in the hospital yesterday. Mom makes the best turkeys.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:04:33 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96243 on: December 26, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »

Technically, the flesh was soaking in the sauce. But I get your beef (pun intended).  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96244 on: December 26, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »

Digging holes in the ground is... strangely pleasurable. Even with the number of memories related to dead pets attached to the process.

I'm not really sure why. There's just something very... fundamental. About making an absence for nature to abhor. Then putting something in it.

Shovels are neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96245 on: December 26, 2012, 06:37:16 pm »

Digging holes in the ground is... strangely pleasurable. Even with the number of memories related to dead pets attached to the process.

I'm not really sure why. There's just something very... fundamental. About making an absence for nature to abhor. Then putting something in it.

Shovels are neat.

Strike the Earth!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96246 on: December 26, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »

Shovels are neat.

If only it were this possible to entertain EVERYONE with something so simple.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96247 on: December 26, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »

I always loved digging a big massive hole when at the beach.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #96248 on: December 26, 2012, 07:32:11 pm »

I always enjoyed digging holes as a kid.  I think I'd probably still enjoy it today.  Just something satisfying about it, on the same level as popping bubblewrap.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96249 on: December 26, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »

It... kinda' is. It's more mindset than anything else. If you want to be entertained by simple things, you will be.

Lot of (somewhat engineered) cultural pressure to go in the other direction, though. The more complex stuff makes people richer, and it's hard(er) to make money off a 20+ year old that's still entertained by climbing trees instead of... whatever the malls are trying to foist on folks nowadays, I'unno. What was fun is fun. Fun is fun. Aging or more complex things does not change the nature of earlier or simpler fun things.

'Course, complex things can be fun, too. It's really not a mutually exclusive thing!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96250 on: December 26, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »

It... kinda' is. It's more mindset than anything else. If you want to be entertained by simple things, you will be.

Lot of (somewhat engineered) cultural pressure to go in the other direction, though. The more complex stuff makes people richer, and it's hard(er) to make money off a 20+ year old that's still entertained by climbing trees instead of... whatever the malls are trying to foist on folks nowadays, I'unno. What was fun is fun. Fun is fun. Aging or more complex things does not change the nature of earlier or simpler fun things.

'Course, complex things can be fun, too. It's really not a mutually exclusive thing!
I remember Brave new World. And their highly complex machinery needed for sports and such.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #96251 on: December 26, 2012, 11:01:31 pm »

After like a week of trying to get a 3rd person thing working in Unity, it's finally working.  It's glitchy, clumsy, and took WAY TOO LONG to find the answers I needed to make something so flippin' simple.

Can I go home now? ;_;

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96252 on: December 26, 2012, 11:07:53 pm »

Shovels are neat.

Take up gardening if you haven't. My parents hate the regular de-weeding, but there is something very primal and satisfying about slaying the weeds.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96253 on: December 26, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »

Shovels are neat.

Take up gardening if you haven't. My parents hate the regular de-weeding, but there is something very primal and satisfying about slaying the weeds.
Yeah, seeing the fire bursting, tearing them apart atomically, watching in joy as the flame consumes them, weed by weed the garden reduced to ash...

Yeah, de-weeding is !!fun!!.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96254 on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:02 am »

Speaking of digging holes and !!fun!!, I've got an urge to try and put together a succession game. Not tonight, too tired, but maybe tomorrow or something? I'd probably try grabbing people from other forums I visit as well as roping you guys in, but this is probably not the thread to talk about it, particularly when it's just a vague nothing. Still.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6415 6416 [6417] 6418 6419 ... 13325