Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6414 6415 [6416] 6417 6418 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798622 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96225 on: December 26, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »

My kids are also thrilled and enjoying their new Wii U right now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96226 on: December 26, 2012, 12:11:10 pm »

I think my daughter's favorite thing was the "Princess Leia" Angry Birds Star Wars plushie I got her, which she had only discovered and decided that she wanted about 3 days before Christmas. Daddy put in some calls to Santa and got shit done.

She's never even seen Star Wars.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #96228 on: December 26, 2012, 12:32:57 pm »

Christopher Lee is one of the most awesome people alive.
Agreed.

Had a very nice Christmas Eve which I can't discuss in the presence of young ears (eyes?). Snuggles were had.  ;D

And my kids were thrilled with the gifts I got them.

Also, this was awesome to read. Glad to see some good stuff in your life RedKing
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:36:04 pm by Lysabild »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96229 on: December 26, 2012, 12:48:13 pm »

First Watch is a fantastic restaurant. I wonder of they have them anywhere else.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96230 on: December 26, 2012, 12:51:48 pm »

Had a very nice Christmas Eve which I can't discuss in the presence of young ears (eyes?). Snuggles were had.  ;D

And my kids were thrilled with the gifts I got them.

Also, this was awesome to read. Glad to see some good stuff in your life RedKing
Thanks. It was nice to share some personal space and time with someone special again, even if it underscored that this is the end of one chapter of my life and the beginning of another.

I'm kind of at peace with what's happened. It's the old Taoist parable about the farmer and the horse -- who can say what is good and bad? Sometimes what seems to be a great misfortune is merely the groundwork for greater happiness.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #96231 on: December 26, 2012, 12:53:43 pm »

Damn, I knew Christopher Lee narrated for Rhapsody of Fire and was a big fan of metal... did not know he made a Christmas album. It may be the furthest day from Christmas possible, but I don't even care.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #96232 on: December 26, 2012, 12:58:16 pm »

Thanks. It was nice to share some personal space and time with someone special again, even if it underscored that this is the end of one chapter of my life and the beginning of another.

I'm kind of at peace with what's happened. It's the old Taoist parable about the farmer and the horse -- who can say what is good and bad? Sometimes what seems to be a great misfortune is merely the groundwork for greater happiness.

It's a good mindset, but either way you have a fan in Denmark hoping for you and your children's best.

Damn, I knew Christopher Lee narrated for Rhapsody of Fire and was a big fan of metal... did not know he made a Christmas album. It may be the furthest day from Christmas possible, but I don't even care.

It's his third metal album.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96233 on: December 26, 2012, 01:07:23 pm »

I now have this overwhelming desire to see him in full Saruman regalia, throwing up the horns and headbanging with that long white wig. While fronting a band of Uruk-hai. Hell there's what, two dozen or more metal bands named for Tolkien lore anyways, right?

EDIT: LOL...okay, make that "while fronting the band, Uruk-Hai:P
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:12:13 pm by RedKing »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #96234 on: December 26, 2012, 01:10:04 pm »

Well, he brought down Caradhras.

:o
Charlemagne is actually a pretty good band, even if their music videos are completely silly.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96235 on: December 26, 2012, 01:27:30 pm »

Well, he brought down Caradhras.

:o
Charlemagne is actually a pretty good band, even if their music videos are completely silly.
Silly metal is best metal. There comes a certain event horizon in metal where if you continue trying to keep a straight face while battling a dragon in your spiked codpiece and bone armor....it just doesn't work. It's one of the few genres where self-parody can be legimitate art at the same time.

EDIT: Even Treebeard knew about this.
"There was a time when Saruman walked in my woods. But now he has a mind of metal..."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:32:24 pm by RedKing »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96237 on: December 26, 2012, 03:28:20 pm »

I LIKE GOAT METAL
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #96238 on: December 26, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »

EDIT: Even Treebeard knew about this.
"There was a time when Saruman walked in my woods. But now he has a mind of metal..."

It really does give that quote a whole new meaning :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96239 on: December 26, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »

Back when I worked at subway, I put marinara sauce on my sub. They don't have that sauce up front; it's for the meatballs. I can't exactly ask for them to go in the back and open a package either, so after I quit, I couldn't quite make my perfect sandwich anymore...

...until I noticed today they now offer barbecue sauce, which is a more than adequate substitute~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 6414 6415 [6416] 6417 6418 ... 13325