Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6408 6409 [6410] 6411 6412 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795833 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96135 on: December 24, 2012, 07:46:24 pm »

Merry Christmas/Winter Solstice/Hanukkah/Kwanza/*insert culturally appropriate celebration here*, Bay12!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96136 on: December 24, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »

This entire thing is awesome.

Basically someone makes characters from video games mostly (bowser donkey kong, snake, etc, there are a ton more, jesus has made an appearance for the christmas special) and pits them against each other ,complete with a wrestling esque storyline (see: soap opera).

I'm not even a fan of wrestling and it is seriously the most fun I've had watching in recent memory.

A steam isn't on right now, but there are recordings on twitch. The chat honestly makes it, it's basically a screaming crowd, it's amazing.

So yeah. If you've ever wanted to see simon belmont run in to save zangief from being pummeled by little mac with a folding chair (under the orders of mcmahon) then you are in luck my friend.

(you can find out when the stream is going up via this twitter, usually happens around 6 CST but it's been known to wobble a bit.

If you still aren't convinced, have a picture.

Also happy holidays ya'll. I guess this sort've counts as a present.  :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #96137 on: December 24, 2012, 10:59:41 pm »

This entire thing is awesome.

Basically someone makes characters from video games mostly (bowser donkey kong, snake, etc, there are a ton more, jesus has made an appearance for the christmas special) and pits them against each other ,complete with a wrestling esque storyline (see: soap opera).

I'm not even a fan of wrestling and it is seriously the most fun I've had watching in recent memory.

A steam isn't on right now, but there are recordings on twitch. The chat honestly makes it, it's basically a screaming crowd, it's amazing.

So yeah. If you've ever wanted to see simon belmont run in to save zangief from being pummeled by little mac with a folding chair (under the orders of mcmahon) then you are in luck my friend.

(you can find out when the stream is going up via this twitter, usually happens around 6 CST but it's been known to wobble a bit.

If you still aren't convinced, have a picture.

Also happy holidays ya'll. I guess this sort've counts as a present.  :P
Ah, I remember this. Started on /v/, and literally exploded overnight and was featured on TwitchTV. Pretty good stuff.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #96138 on: December 24, 2012, 11:01:56 pm »

I first saw it on something awful yesterday (they weren't claiming it or anything but), but yeah I had a sneaking suspicion it got started on /v/.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96139 on: December 24, 2012, 11:36:50 pm »

I am understanding the very reason human civilization is flawed, and why with the advancement of knowledge, so too does civilization become more advanced.

Civilization is simply an artificial group, an equation in which there are over 7 billion variables and growing. It is a creation of humanity, brought about after our biological evolution of reason. As we gain more knowledge about ourselves and the world around us, we build a more educated, more powerful society.

We all have incredibly powerful quantum computers in our bodies. Our brain, if molded correctly, can memorize tens of thousands of numbers in sequence (memory storage), imagine the creation of existence,(Simulation) and create new things.(Synthesis of Data)

Everyone who has a computer, everyone who has learned of the folly of society, is realizing just how fucked up it all is. Those in power know this. They may or may not know why this is bad: I tend to think that they just realize that knowledge = bad for status quo. As we become more educated, as we learn more about what lays behind the smoke and mirrors, we demand change. And those who don't see a problem legitimately don't want change. In fact, some just remember the past as being better (less knowledge/experience of the world) and simply want a return to the past: they view the ideologies of the past as supremely better than the ideologies of the present. There are others who split entirely with the old and traditional, and strike off on a brazen new path, for no discernible reason other than their extreme opposition to tradition. There is every path in between.

So, my friends, I bring you this to be happy about: the internet is going to bring about the next Renaissance. Just as the influx of information from the near and far east into the west, combined with the incredible social mobility brought on by the black death, brought about a new age of growth and prosperity, so too are we entering that time. We currently look around us, and see darkness. We see governments that do not represent us, we see monsters among us, we witness the chaos brought on by two centuries of violence and human suffering.

The first step in fixing a problem is recognizing that there is one. We're about to light up the night, my friends. Go out, do great things. We want our generation, our period of time, to be known as the time humanity looked into itself, and saw its greatness. The time where we stopped bickering, and started working together. We stopped hating each other for our differences, and instead embraced the difference, alongside our common unity as a species.

It sounds idealistic, but think of it this way: we are learning of each other, not tied down by any physical constraints. We see no need for physical prejudice because the only prejudice we have is against mental qualities. Generation Y is the most tolerant of others, more tolerant than others have ever been because we know so much more about others.

We are on the cusp of a golden age. Let us guide civilization into it.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96140 on: December 25, 2012, 12:06:52 am »

I have no idea what timezone everyone is in so I guessed waiting an hour till midnight here to post this so.

Happy collective holiday of your choosing bay12?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96141 on: December 25, 2012, 12:11:14 am »

As a Hindu, Merry Christmas.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96142 on: December 25, 2012, 12:23:14 am »

As an atheist, Merry Baby Zombie Messiah Son-of-God Day.

Damn, if the myth was just a liiiiittle bit different, I could have gotten "Sequel to Baby Zombie Messiah God, Son of Baby Zombie Messiah God."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96143 on: December 25, 2012, 12:29:44 am »

I've been thinking of going old school and letting my slaves be treated to a meal by me for once, just as soon as they're done decorating the saturnalia tree.

But all joking aside, to all a good night.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96144 on: December 25, 2012, 12:34:06 am »

As an atheist, get off my lawn! Happy Hogswatch! May the Hogfather bring you many delicious treats and wonderful presents!

Curiously, though, I'm pretty sure Hogswatch itself falls on the shortest night of the year, not the longest. This, of course, may not mean anything on the Discworld; certainly they don't have the same four season year we have. In fact they have an 8 season (or perhaps I should say 7a season) solar year. Of course, most Discworldians would go by the agricultural calender, which does in fact follow a more realistic 4 season year. So I guess it's all irrelevant.

TYL I know way too much about the Discworld.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96145 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:55 am »

No, it means you don't know enough. If you did, you would know if it DID mean anything at all!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96146 on: December 25, 2012, 12:59:45 am »

Happy Holiday of your personal preference! Got selected to be Saint Nick at the family gathering, got to practice my deep voice and wear a full beard. Came home with ridiculous amounts of baked goods and new headphones. And tomorrow, the real celebration begins!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #96147 on: December 25, 2012, 01:04:29 am »

As an atheist, Happy Decemberween!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96148 on: December 25, 2012, 01:09:33 am »

Happy Willsaucemas to all!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96149 on: December 25, 2012, 01:35:54 am »

Rick Santorum sez: "I'm crazy, and I'm right!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6408 6409 [6410] 6411 6412 ... 13325