Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6406 6407 [6408] 6409 6410 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794985 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96105 on: December 24, 2012, 11:21:16 am »

Except Tom Bombadil doesn't have a canonical appearance in the Hobbit.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96106 on: December 24, 2012, 11:38:47 am »

It'd be stranger to shoehorn him in there than it was to drop him from the Fellowship, honestly.

I'm happy because after a night of several long, strange dreams, I had a very short one just before waking up that was downright fantastic. For some reason, real-world Pokemon battles, involving me and the 5 combined survivors of my 3 Nuzlocke runs against some sort of 80's martial arts villains who also had Pokemon. Very odd, but it reminded me that I have yet to run through Black 2 in the hardest-core of ways. I'm thinking that for this run through, my limits will be:

1. Pokemon die when they feint. 'Dead' Pokemon go in a graveyard box. (Or two. I've filled up an entire box before.)
2. One Pokemon per route, and only one of any given species.
3. No items except berries. A lot harder in a game where you can't grow them.
4. No Pokemon centers, and I can only use the wandering nurses/doctors once apiece, because they goddamn force you too after fighting them.
5. Every Pokemon must have some sort of clever nickname. In Ruby, they were all scientists and artists. In Platinum, they were all generals and emperors. In HeartGold, they were all fantastic alternate names for their species. (Geodude? More like Broulder) I'll probably go with normal names for this one, like Jeff or Sarah. Should be fun.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96107 on: December 24, 2012, 12:00:09 pm »

My paranoid schizophrenic roommate who just moved in last week has an adorable cat named Tommy that loves to sniff every little thing in my room. I love cats.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96108 on: December 24, 2012, 12:03:26 pm »

It'd be stranger to shoehorn him in there than it was to drop him from the Fellowship, honestly.

I'm happy because after a night of several long, strange dreams, I had a very short one just before waking up that was downright fantastic. For some reason, real-world Pokemon battles, involving me and the 5 combined survivors of my 3 Nuzlocke runs against some sort of 80's martial arts villains who also had Pokemon. Very odd, but it reminded me that I have yet to run through Black 2 in the hardest-core of ways. I'm thinking that for this run through, my limits will be:

1. Pokemon die when they feint. 'Dead' Pokemon go in a graveyard box. (Or two. I've filled up an entire box before.)
2. One Pokemon per route, and only one of any given species.
3. No items except berries. A lot harder in a game where you can't grow them.
4. No Pokemon centers, and I can only use the wandering nurses/doctors once apiece, because they goddamn force you too after fighting them.
5. Every Pokemon must have some sort of clever nickname. In Ruby, they were all scientists and artists. In Platinum, they were all generals and emperors. In HeartGold, they were all fantastic alternate names for their species. (Geodude? More like Broulder) I'll probably go with normal names for this one, like Jeff or Sarah. Should be fun.
So a hardcore Nuzlocke?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #96109 on: December 24, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »

So a hardcore Nuzlocke?
Yeah. It's too easy with both items and Pokemon centers, and it has been in every game I've done so far. Gen 5 is a special case though, since there are basically unavoidable Pokemon centers everywhere. Also, on the run I did to just beat the game the first time, I shit you not, I had 150 hyper potions by the 6th gym leader. You can buy Castelia Cones for 300 pokebucks and then sell them at 2000 apiece. A dozen a day! The economy of Unova is broken, and I'm having no part of it or its universal healthcare!  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96110 on: December 24, 2012, 12:19:48 pm »

(Geodude? More like Broulder)

I am never naming a Geodude anything else ever again.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96111 on: December 24, 2012, 12:22:44 pm »

Oh my god two penguins in a row!

THIS MUST BE A SIGN OF IMPENDING DOOM
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #96112 on: December 24, 2012, 12:24:19 pm »

Speaking of Nuzlocke challenges, anything beyond the one life only rule, nickname rule and one pokemon per route rule turn the game into an almost horrid grind for me, since this would only encourage me to avoid any opponents my 'mons can't OHKO effectively till they can. There are also just so many leppa berries lying around, too.

But I respect your choice and style.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96113 on: December 24, 2012, 12:28:55 pm »

Oh my god two penguins in a row!

THIS MUST BE A SIGN OF IMPENDING DOOM
Three for me. Ahurhurhurrrr.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #96114 on: December 24, 2012, 12:31:53 pm »

Ooh, and the other thing I'm happy about. Apparently in Black and White 2, there's something called 'Challenge Mode' built in, where enemies are 2-5 levels higher, gym leaders get extra Pokemon, and the AI is much better. I thought White was too easy, but I'm getting a friend to beat Black 2 first so that he can link me the code to just start out my Nuzlocke in said mode. I'm excited to see whether the designers were able to make decent strategies for the opposing trainers. I hear they do wacky things like switching out, not trying to use Calm Mind repeatedly because it's 'super effective' against poison type, et cetera.

This is either going to be a bloodbath (which is alright) or one of the most fun games I will have ever played.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96115 on: December 24, 2012, 12:33:35 pm »

Remove the "either" and it should be more accurate.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96116 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »

I do remember playing the world tournament once and being terrified by Norman using the Slaking Skill Swap thingy.
It's FEF, not FEOF

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #96117 on: December 24, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »

And things will not be really too difficult until GameFreak starts to scale opponent trainer's and wild Pokémon's level to the best 'mon the player have with a minimum value. Hard to not resort to more complex or even meta strategies with that.

That, would make me happy.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96118 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:37 pm »

I remember that I beat the elite four in Diamond because the champion refused to use Ice Beam on my Torterra, even though it would have one-hit him.

Can you enable challenge mode at the beginning of the game, or do you have to beat and restart it? Because I'd like to play it when I get Black 2 but I hate restarting Pokemon games.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #96119 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »

Ooh, and the other thing I'm happy about. Apparently in Black and White 2, there's something called 'Challenge Mode' built in, where enemies are 2-5 levels higher, gym leaders get extra Pokemon, and the AI is much better. I thought White was too easy, but I'm getting a friend to beat Black 2 first so that he can link me the code to just start out my Nuzlocke in said mode. I'm excited to see whether the designers were able to make decent strategies for the opposing trainers. I hear they do wacky things like switching out, not trying to use Calm Mind repeatedly because it's 'super effective' against poison type, et cetera.

This is either going to be a bloodbath (which is alright) or one of the most fun games I will have ever played.

This was really confusing to me at first, because when I see Black and White, I think this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6406 6407 [6408] 6409 6410 ... 13325