Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6397 6398 [6399] 6400 6401 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793608 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95970 on: December 21, 2012, 05:14:50 am »

I always feel weird when I see people who are 10+ years younger than me talk about what stuff makes them nostalgic.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95971 on: December 21, 2012, 05:20:31 am »

You'll probably be absolutely weirded out when you hear me say that Ratchet & Clank: Gladiator makes me nostalgic. :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95972 on: December 21, 2012, 06:09:56 am »

"Wacky Wheels" makes me nostalgic. Ahh, I can hear the music and hedgehogs now...
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95973 on: December 21, 2012, 06:10:35 am »

Christmas avatar get!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #95974 on: December 21, 2012, 06:51:31 am »

I always feel weird when I see people who are 10+ years younger than me talk about what stuff makes them nostalgic.

Pff according to your profile you are only four years older than me gramps :p

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95975 on: December 21, 2012, 08:11:37 am »

Pff according to your profile you are only four years older than me gramps :p

Yeah, I wasn't sure about you, but I know Barbarossa is quite a bit younger than me.  I've noticed that even 4 years can make a pretty big difference, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95976 on: December 21, 2012, 09:59:42 am »

Games that make me nostalgic:

Spy Hunter
RoadBlasters
Time Pilot
Magic Sword
Joust
Gauntlet
Bionic Commando
Xenophobe

(can you tell I spent a LOT of my youth in the local arcade?)

Other nostalgia things:
80's pop music
Penrose Hot Pickled Sausage (you can't get them anymore, and they were something of a delicacy)
Every time I drive around where I grew up and see vast seas of strip malls and parking lots where it was once all dairy farms and one tiny "general store" that sold penny candies, shotgun shells, udder cream and leaded gas...all on the same counter. *sigh*

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and rotary phones. We had a damn rotary phone into the 1990's, till lightning blew it off the wall.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #95977 on: December 21, 2012, 10:22:44 am »

Bionic Commando
Hell yeah. They had to surgically remove the NES controller from my hands, I played that so much...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95978 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:56 am »

Purchased a netbook for $70 for my sister for Christmas, and am currently posting from home on it. A pain in the ass to type on it, and I can't find the network I'm using with my PC.

Even so, I hope my sister doesn't mind that it is "slightly used". :P

Bionic Commando
Hell yeah. They had to surgically remove the NES controller from my hands, I played that so much...
Especially with not-Hitler's head aslpoding at the end.

Oh yeah, and rotary phones. We had a damn rotary phone into the 1990's, till lightning blew it off the wall.
God was obviously telling you to upgrade.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95979 on: December 21, 2012, 10:40:01 am »

Its debatable which is worse: tiny tiny netbook keyboard, or virtual tablet keyboard. The first one is certainly cheaper though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #95980 on: December 21, 2012, 11:03:28 am »

I split the difference and got an Asus Transformer Infinity. So I have both a tiny netbook keyboard and an onscreen tablet keyboard all for a price of more than an iPad. On the plus side, I can watch over 8 hours of video, or 13-16 hours of normal to heavy use, or 2 weeks of occasional use on a single charge.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95981 on: December 21, 2012, 11:45:36 am »

Bionic Commando

NES controller

ಥ_ಥ
I played it in the arcade....

God was obviously telling you to upgrade.
That's pretty much what I told my folks. Not only did we get a touchtone phone, but a cordless one at that. The rush of technological advance was almost too much to handle. The idea of talking into a device which was not physically tethered....how would the tiny little daemons who carried our words make the leap into the telephone line?? The very notion of electronic devices communicating through the raw aether, unaided by filament or wire! Preposterous!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:51:13 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95982 on: December 21, 2012, 11:46:22 am »

Bionic Commando

NES controller

ಥ_ಥ
I played it in the arcade....
Why did i read that in the creepiest voice available in my head...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95983 on: December 21, 2012, 12:10:19 pm »

I split the difference and got an Asus Transformer Infinity. So I have both a tiny netbook keyboard and an onscreen tablet keyboard all for a price of more than an iPad. On the plus side, I can watch over 8 hours of video, or 13-16 hours of normal to heavy use, or 2 weeks of occasional use on a single charge.
More than an iPad? It's less than most of the current ones.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #95984 on: December 21, 2012, 12:11:42 pm »

$700something including shipping and the keyboard dock.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 6397 6398 [6399] 6400 6401 ... 13325