Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6386 6387 [6388] 6389 6390 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792125 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Ham- Bur- ger~?] The Okuu x Hamburger Steak thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95805 on: December 18, 2012, 03:47:58 pm »

I passed all my classes this semester, though the only one I really worried about was math. Got that one by a hair's width.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #95806 on: December 18, 2012, 03:48:32 pm »

Today I learned I can simply psych myself into thinking positively. Odd. But awesome.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95807 on: December 18, 2012, 03:52:56 pm »

Today I learned I can simply psych myself into thinking positively. Odd. But awesome.
I've been doing this for years. It's pretty awesome once you get the hang of it, and it also removes any sort of need you will ever have of dealing with depression!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95808 on: December 18, 2012, 04:00:36 pm »

Bahahahahah. Today's XKCD what if made me giggle like a small child.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95809 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:55 pm »

No fair! I wanna psych myself into being positive!
I find that (at least for me) it works on a "fake-it long enough and it becomes real" type thing. Basically if you force yourself to see the positive aspects enough times it becomes habit, and then do that for long enough you eventually reach the point where you always can see the bright side. Also because you still get to see the bad side, even though it is immediately followed up by the good one, it lets you employ the "plan for the worst hope for the best" saying to just about everything.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95810 on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:51 pm »

EDIT: I hate the number 504.
Don't we all.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95811 on: December 18, 2012, 05:51:27 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/dlLlW

Soooo... Is there, like, a link for that petition site?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95812 on: December 18, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »

The site, I'm fairly confident. I haven't found the petitions themselves, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95814 on: December 18, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »

Why dont just someone set their shit on fire and wipe their church and its members from the surface of earth?

I really wonder what would happen if someone actually went and killed a member of that church..
Would there be people picketting their funerals? Would there even be a funeral?

I hate you, hate, you make me such a horrible person sometimes.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95815 on: December 18, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »

To answer all your questions, there would be a funeral made of lawsuits.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95816 on: December 18, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »

Maybe just wait for one to die and then picket their funeral? You'd stick 'em in a spot where they'd either establish precedent for being able to sue picketers at a funeral, or just have to sit by and watch while more and more and more people show up.

Including Michael Moores Sodomobile.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95817 on: December 18, 2012, 07:49:13 pm »

Maybe just wait for one to die and then picket their funeral? You'd stick 'em in a spot where they'd either establish precedent for being able to sue picketers at a funeral, or just have to sit by and watch while more and more and more people show up.

Including Michael Moores Sodomobile.

But that would be stooping to their level. Always take the moral high ground.

Which, in this case, would be shooting one of them.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95818 on: December 18, 2012, 07:53:00 pm »

But that would be stooping to their level. Always take the moral high ground.

Which, in this case, would be shooting one of them.
Your moral code raises some serious questions :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95819 on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »

I've just heard of what may be the best prestige class ever written, from a lolwut perspective. The Darklight Wizard offers 9 levels of spellcasting over 10 levels, and forces you give up all your previous class levels when you enter, beginning at Darklight Wizard 1 (this also, notably, disqualifies you for the class). Also, it has an ability that deals 1d4 points of damage per caster level on a touch attack, and if you deal more damage than the target has hit points, you kill them. Hooray.

And the class features and abilities are in alphabetical order, meaning the Weapon and Armor proficiencies (which you get first) are at the end.
Pages: 1 ... 6386 6387 [6388] 6389 6390 ... 13325