Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6322 6323 [6324] 6325 6326 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806649 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: [Ham- Bur- ger~?] The Okuu x Hamburger Steak thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #94845 on: December 05, 2012, 03:40:27 am »

Typical hand soap or dishwashing detergent is not volatile. It doesn't spontaneously vaporize. It will, however, dry up and leave a nasty coating on surfaces, but that's irrelevant. So, the boiling point would be higher. If it wasn't so late, I'd  do some calculations to figure out how much higher it would be.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94846 on: December 05, 2012, 03:55:12 am »

It does make bubbles normally though so I wonder what'll happen when it starts to boil and bubbles appear?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94847 on: December 05, 2012, 04:34:46 am »

Bubbleception?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94849 on: December 05, 2012, 04:57:05 am »

Typical hand soap or dishwashing detergent is not volatile. It doesn't spontaneously vaporize. It will, however, dry up and leave a nasty coating on surfaces, but that's irrelevant. So, the boiling point would be higher. If it wasn't so late, I'd  do some calculations to figure out how much higher it would be.

Going by the wikipedia article, it has nothing at all to do with weather or not it's soap, and only about how much soap is dissolved in the water. the boiling point goes up by about half a degree per mol of soap.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94850 on: December 05, 2012, 05:21:20 am »

Alright, I don't get the thread name this time. Anyone care to explain?

Also, just got me some shoes with toes. They feel fuckin' weird, but they're awesome for sprinting. It's a lot easier to stand on the balls of my feet when my foot can flex properly, so that's neat. There's just not enough padding for distances of more than 2 miles, so I won't be abandoning my normal running shoes entirely. (Even shoes made of netting and rubber are warmer than toe socks made of netting and rubber, too! Snow is cold to run in, and I like my toes to stay on my feet.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94851 on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:05 am »

Alright, I don't get the thread name this time. Anyone care to explain?

Also, just got me some shoes with toes. They feel fuckin' weird, but they're awesome for sprinting. It's a lot easier to stand on the balls of my feet when my foot can flex properly, so that's neat. There's just not enough padding for distances of more than 2 miles, so I won't be abandoning my normal running shoes entirely. (Even shoes made of netting and rubber are warmer than toe socks made of netting and rubber, too! Snow is cold to run in, and I like my toes to stay on my feet.)

Check the first post of the thread to see what it's all about.

also:

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94852 on: December 05, 2012, 05:48:16 am »

Au contraire. Too many bubbles cause the bubbles to pop, leading to no bubbles at all, or few.
I don't think BubbleBobble is proper source to consult for questions about science.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Machiavelli

• Bay Watcher
  • 強い白い
    • View Profile
« Reply #94853 on: December 05, 2012, 06:36:38 am »

Am guy. Am pilot.

NKAWTG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94855 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:09 am »

Going by the wikipedia article, it has nothing at all to do with weather or not it's soap, and only about how much soap is dissolved in the water. the boiling point goes up by about half a degree per mol of soap.

Well, it does matter that it's soap. Any non-volatile substance you add to water will increase the boiling point, but what the substance is and how much you add is what determines how much the boiling point is elevated. The "what" plays a part in the van 't Hoff factor, while the "how much" determines the molality.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94856 on: December 05, 2012, 09:29:34 am »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94857 on: December 05, 2012, 09:59:09 am »

Etrian Oddysey and The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Also a little late but I am happy about the list of every single vacancy in the county I live in that I got from my landlord on Monday. He is one of three people helping me with my Section 8 stuff and one of two helping me find a place whether I get it or not.

Oh, and my Mr. Wrinkles plush. I'm glad I have it here because it's nice being able to hug something soft and cuddly. It helps with my stress levels, specifically with lowering them. And I'm happy that I almost fit in at that new imageboard I've been posting at. A moderator commended me on bringing some life to the quieter parts of said imageboard the other day.

I'm also happy that I've got a nice wallpaper on my desktop. Can't post it here though since I'm pretty certain there are rules against posting nsfw anime pinups but the wallpaper motivates me a bit and gives me the energy I'm missing with this cold. Ah well.

Now to lie down because I'm in pain from sitting at my computer for several hours due to being unable to sleep and having spent that time asking myself what the fuck is wrong with Japan. Can't sleep though as I've got a meeting in two hours and it's one for the entire facility. I'm just glad that I might be able to sleep afterwards.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94858 on: December 05, 2012, 10:02:03 am »

Etrian Oddysey 1,2,or 3?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94859 on: December 05, 2012, 10:21:37 am »

Etrian Oddysey 1,2,or 3?
There wasn't a number so it was implied that it was the original. For future reference if I mention a sequel I will usually put the number down. Either way I want the whole damn franchise even if it means when Etrian Oddysey IV: Legends of the Titan comes out that I buy a Nintendo 3DS just to play it. Etrian Oddysey is right up there with The Elder Scrolls, Forgotten Realms and NitroPlus/5pb's "weird science" visual novels as part of my favorite franchises.
Pages: 1 ... 6322 6323 [6324] 6325 6326 ... 13325