Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6310 6311 [6312] 6313 6314 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15800619 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Duh nuh... NYYYAAHHHHH] Oh my god someone help nitori (Happy Thread)
« Reply #94665 on: December 02, 2012, 06:57:53 pm »

I'm also starting to wonder about the recoil; several of the kills apparently use nothing but the recoil to force the blade through necks and bodies, yet Red has no control problems despite the scythe only being supported by her wrists/lower arms. Oh, and the werewolves seemed rather sluggish. Still fun to watch, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94666 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:50 pm »

It was badass, that's all that matters.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94668 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »

No, thats just you paying too much attention to things. I've read plenty of tvtropes and still thought it was awesome and stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94669 on: December 02, 2012, 07:32:30 pm »

I've had a disdain for over-the-top stuff long before tvtropes.

Exaggeration for effect is fine, provided I stay within suspension of disbelief. If thoughts about impracticality are racing through my head, they failed on that front.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94670 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:37 pm »

For me it was absolutely fine, because I just couldn't imagine that having taken place without Wrex awkwardly shuffling away...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94671 on: December 02, 2012, 07:41:36 pm »

I'm also starting to wonder about the recoil; several of the kills apparently use nothing but the recoil to force the blade through necks and bodies, yet Red has no control problems despite the scythe only being supported by her wrists/lower arms. Oh, and the werewolves seemed rather sluggish. Still fun to watch, though.

Clearly she must have incredibly strong arms. Either that, or the werewolves are made of something less substantial than normal flesh and bone. Given the fact that they formed from shadows, I'm thinking the second. Or maybe the scyfle (I support this being the official fan nickname for the weapon) is special and can slice through evil like warm butter. Or maybe we're over-analyzing this.

Also her name is Ruby, according to Monty in one of the recent podcasts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94672 on: December 02, 2012, 07:45:15 pm »

I'm also starting to wonder about the recoil; several of the kills apparently use nothing but the recoil to force the blade through necks and bodies, yet Red has no control problems despite the scythe only being supported by her wrists/lower arms.
I support the theory that she has perfected rag doll combat; she is literally being flung around by the glorious forces of physics against the wulfehs of evil.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #94673 on: December 02, 2012, 07:45:54 pm »

Mmm. I'm not a fan of the art style, but that kind of thing involving teenage girls wielding incredibly unwieldy weapons made of magic and nonsense is pretty much a stylistic choice. Same with the mook chivalry business. I'm not going to judge something that is by nature over the top simply for being what it is. Unless your stylistic choices suck (read: The prequel trilogy)

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94674 on: December 02, 2012, 08:34:05 pm »

I like it. I'm still traumatized by Gunmetal Grey Fest, bright colors and cell shading are very welcome.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94675 on: December 02, 2012, 08:37:31 pm »

Clearly she must have incredibly strong arms. Either that, or the werewolves are made of something less substantial than normal flesh and bone. Given the fact that they formed from shadows, I'm thinking the second. Or maybe the scyfle (I support this being the official fan nickname for the weapon) is special and can slice through evil like warm butter. Or maybe we're over-analyzing this.

Also her name is Ruby, according to Monty in one of the recent podcasts.

If we're taking the whole "formed from shadows" bit as proof of being insubstantial, wouldn't the same apply to Red (I'm going to keep calling her that just 'cause  :P) given that she was also "formed" of rose petals? Okay, I'll stop now.

3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94676 on: December 02, 2012, 08:40:36 pm »

Don't know if I should put this in the happy or sad thread, hah.

just pulled a 20-hour work weekend, in addition to spending 5 hours out in the middle of the night going to rocky and driving people home afterwards, to the point where my weekend was essentially work->rocky->quick nap->work->now.

And this /isn't/ counting the fact that that I pulled a 12 hour day on Friday.

I'm exhausted, beat down, tired, and most importantly...

I'm done.

I did it. I beat the deadline. The application will be ready to demo tomorrow, and while there are aspects of it that aren't perfect (I don't really have the energy left to handle decent client-side form validation, a proper re-org of style components, or any of those other bits that are nice to have but not needed) but it works, it works right, and it looks good.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94677 on: December 02, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »

The feeling part of my brain was grinning and hopping up and down excitedly at the style and action. The judging part of my brain was critiquing it for its impracticality and seeming shallowness. The connective part of my brain was comparing it to other things to see how it stacked up. The empathic part of my brain got a sense for the passion and excitement the author put into it.

The gestalten experience says it looks fun, pretty, and interesting enough to keep an eye on.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94679 on: December 02, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »

Couldn't of picked a cheesier name.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 6310 6311 [6312] 6313 6314 ... 13325