Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766898 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93330 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

I shipped off my frankenputer of  4 year old computer parts in a new case to my niece and nephew. It cost 50 bucks for shipping, but its all good.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93331 on: November 08, 2012, 04:08:09 pm »

Did well on a physics test, despite forgetting how much force a newton was at the start of the test (its 1kg*m/s^2 btw).
After thinking about it a bit, was able to figure out what it was (since I knew it was something logical, and we were using kg and meters as our units), and am pretty sure I got 100% on the test.

God I love being clever (not just in this case, things like being able to figure out what formula you should use for a problem without being given it or forgetting it, stuff like that), figuring things out from limited information is such fun.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93332 on: November 08, 2012, 04:30:52 pm »

all of my happys

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #93333 on: November 08, 2012, 04:40:08 pm »

One border;
Skill

:<

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93334 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »

One border;
Skill

Skill is a product of practice.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93335 on: November 08, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

Finally beat Chapter 28x in FE7 Hector Hard Mode. And now on to Chapter 29, where... OH GOD OH GOD WHYYYYY?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93336 on: November 08, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »

Sometimes there ain't enough practice in the world. I can't draw a decent stick figure. I hold out hopes for my daughter though. She loves to hear me tell her that she's already a better artist than I am.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93337 on: November 08, 2012, 04:47:51 pm »

One border;
Skill

Skill is a product of practice.
Sometimes. A quadruple amputee cannot juggle to the same degree as a person with four limbs. Some of us don't get better no matter how much we practice. Years and years of attempts at producing art...

Best I've managed is zen tangles. Hurry up, genetic engineering! Don't curse people with whatever the hell people like me get stuck with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #93338 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »

Sometimes there ain't enough practice in the world.
Pretty much this. You know the things you can do and the things you can't do. I couldn't make something acceptable out of a brush in a decade and more, but give me a type writer and some inspiration ~oooohhyyessssss~

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #93339 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:25 pm »

Yeah, I can practice as much as I want, Dyspraxia means I don't have the fine motor control required for anything artistic, or tying my shoelaces, or walking in a straight line without falling over.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93340 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:48 pm »

Finally beat Chapter 28x in FE7 Hector Hard Mode. And now on to Chapter 29, where... OH GOD OH GOD WHYYYYY?
Good luck in Genesis.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93341 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »

The limit of my drawing capability is pretty low, based off of ~8 games of drawception.

Some people, though... (doubles as a happy for today/yesterday)

Genesis was near the twenties, I think. Definitely beat it, since I have Hawkeye (and I've been making sure to get all the gaiden chapters... 19x was a pain in the ass). I started this runthrough a while ago, ragequit several times, and only picked it up again yesterday for lack of something to do.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:53:49 pm by RedWarrior0 »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93342 on: November 08, 2012, 04:51:55 pm »

Well yeah there's something called "talent" too, but meh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93343 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »

Not so much talent, per se, as just... caps. Upper limits. Most are blessed so that practice meaningfully expands those. Some of us... aren't. Can't draw a straight line with a ruler (Good five years trying! Just for that. No bloody luck.), etc., so forth, so on.

Fortunately, I can do zen tangles. Those don't require lines. Frankly, in terms of artistic capability, they basically require nothing. Beyond maybe the ability to actually get a drawing utensil onto a medium. And I like zen tangles. Especially the particularly dense ones that are vaguely hypnotic to look at.

One day, I will paint my car with a full body tangle pattern. Hopefully no one's been silly enough to do it and thus there aren't any laws against it. Also hoping it won't cause wrecks. (If I do it right, there's good odds it'll cause wrecks. Might have to pull things back, but...)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:57:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93344 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:33 pm »

Yup. In game terms, my ART stat potential is 04 on a 01-100 scale.
So I didn't waste any more development points on it in childhood. I made a "what the hell, I have a point left over" investment in it around lvl 3, but failed my rolls on Ceramics and Calligraphy.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 ... 13325