Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6215 6216 [6217] 6218 6219 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772012 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93240 on: November 07, 2012, 02:29:56 am »

Marijuana legalization, same-sex marriage legalization, Puerto Rican statehood, and not electing a theocratic business-puppet fascist by a huge margin.

I don't say this often, but I'm proud of you, America.
America! Fuck yeah!
*clears throat*

USA! USA! USA!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93241 on: November 07, 2012, 02:33:11 am »

Marijuana legalization, same-sex marriage legalization, Puerto Rican statehood, and not electing a theocratic business-puppet fascist by a huge margin.

A fascist?

Oh, a spineless business puppet and crypto-theocrat he may well be- or may well have been, now- but he doesn't have the force of will for fascism.
Proto-fascist, then.

EDIT: You know, this was a good day all around. There was the aforementioned, I got a good grade on a critical math test, and my RA thanked me for not harming my roommate over his bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:45:05 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #93242 on: November 07, 2012, 02:44:39 am »

A fascist?

Oh, a spineless business puppet and crypto-theocrat he may well be- or may well have been, now- but he doesn't have the force of will for fascism.
Proto-fascist, then.

No, he's not even that! You might be able to apply the label of proto-fascist to someone like George Bush fils or Dick Cheney, but even proto-fascism requires an unquestioning allegiance to a fairly nationalistic worldview that explains society's problems and how to fix them; and in terms of leadership, that leadership needs to be all about them- they need a bit of a cult of personality. Romney is too spineless for the cult of personality, and as for the ideology, he'd simply do whatever the House Republicans would tell him to do, just as he went along with Democratic proposals in Massachusetts. He is actually the ultimate pragmatist- he only insists on positions that he thinks will get him more votes. If by some quirk of fate he pops up again in five years running for mayor of Berkeley, California or somesuch, he will switch again and advocate subsidized meditation centers or some bullshit like that. Fascism, and proto-fascism, requires you to have a pretty all-encompassing worldview which is highly resistant to compromise. Romney doesn't have that all-encompassing ideology, and as for the compromise- he would not compromise with Democrats as president, true, but only because he would be the pawn of true proto-fascists who actually did have these tendencies.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93243 on: November 07, 2012, 02:45:38 am »

Happy belated Vote Day everyone! Representative Democracy is feeling pretty good right now.

In related news, we just wrapped up the night's Shadowrun tabletop session, set in Seattle circa 2072. Seattle is the largest and most powerful territory in the new United Canadian-American States, following the resurgence of the magically-empowered Native American Nation, and the Great Ghost-Dance War of '33. Our GM decided tonight was an election night in-game as well, and while running a job against some local Yakuza (and in keeping with the cyberpunk dystopia setting of Shadowrun), our team's Infiltrator spied the incumbent candidate for Governor of Seattle walking out of a private meeting with some Yakuza bigwigs. This was only a few days after we learned that her challenger for office was in bed with the Italian Mafia... and to think that she'd almost had my character's vote.

If only President Dunkhalzen hadn't been assassinated by a cabal of treasonous Blood-Mages. When you've got an Ancient Dragon in the Whitehouse, you can be damned sure the UCAS will broke absolutely no shit from organized crime.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93244 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:32 am »

Just dug up an old quote for use in my sig. 8)

Also, did my shopping today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93245 on: November 07, 2012, 08:10:06 am »

So I understand the election is over.

I don't really care to keep track of names or whatnot, has anything changed?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93246 on: November 07, 2012, 08:12:18 am »

It is my understanding that one man who claimed to have great economic sense spent a billion dollars with no return on investment, and the Obama family will hang hang overs tomorrow.
Apart from that, not really.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93247 on: November 07, 2012, 08:40:36 am »

It is my understanding that one man who claimed to have great economic sense spent a billion dollars with no return on investment, and the Obama family will hang hang overs tomorrow.
Apart from that, not really.

But they did have a return on investment, all the spent money goes to party loyalist "consultants" and friendly media ad-buying. He spent other people's money, but got to pull the strings on who ended up with the money. And it counts as a tax deduction for donors I believe. Don't underestimate the political machines ability to scam a tax write-off.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:42:51 am by Reelya »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93248 on: November 07, 2012, 08:57:56 am »

My friend got Halo 4, we beat it by eh, three o'clock this morning. Then my PO told me that I wasn't on his 'list' of missed UAs, so I might not be going to jail on the 19th if I do all my classes. And now it is time for rest, for this mortal coil has become deprived of fresh synaptic pathways.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93249 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:59 am »

Nothing like playing trough an entire game in co-op in one marathon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93250 on: November 07, 2012, 09:04:55 am »

Nothing like playing trough an entire game in co-op in one marathon.

Oh, btw, it was FUCKING AWESOME. Totally linear, which wasn't quite so awesome, but DAMN. Just damn.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93251 on: November 07, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »

Warning: blogish post ahead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93252 on: November 07, 2012, 03:17:29 pm »

Wooo, Kaijyuu!

I got /my/ dollop of that after starting RPing, but I DIGRESS.

My happy was this: Posting on another board. I'm the Khornate Worshippers guy, by the way.

Quote from: Ameriganastan
Quote from: Khornate Worshippers
Shippin'? Dat'z dis fing wiv havin' all dem ikkle poniez in luv wiv each ovva, roit?

Moi favourite wunna dose is dat Prince Blueblood x Octavia ship. Dat'z da best wun.
Would you stop typing like you're brain damaged? It is seriously annoying.

Dat reaction.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93253 on: November 07, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

If you worship Khorne, why are youz talkin' like wun of da boyz?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93254 on: November 07, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

Are you'z sayin' I kan't loike da big bozz an' be a roit proppa ork?!

'Cos I finkz yer /wrong/.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 6215 6216 [6217] 6218 6219 ... 13325