Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6198 6199 [6200] 6201 6202 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768172 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92985 on: November 02, 2012, 06:53:54 pm »

Bacon-wrapped shrimp and a caramel appletini for dinner. :)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92986 on: November 02, 2012, 07:02:42 pm »

That is a great idea, actually...

You know what? I might just have to do weekend showings of Cowboy Bebop and Firefly Back-To-Back on my Livestream. Then, when the series are over and we're suffering from withdrawal, we can watch their respective movies.

Just as a quick reminder, The Space Cowboy Supershow, featuring Cowboy Bebop and Firefly, will be kicking off tomorrow (Sat. 11/03/12), 9am PST, 12 Noon EST, or 4pm GMT. If you like bounty hunting, fist fights, space ships, and lonesome interplanetary ramblers, be sure to check it out! Details and the official launch announcement will be over in the Livestream Thread.

Huzzah!
Space Cowboy? You're going to need some Steve Miller for that.
I was thinking of making that reference first time I saw the thread title. Beat me to it.

Was going to link to this one, until I realized I had the track titles mixed up. Both awesome songs nonetheless.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92987 on: November 02, 2012, 07:04:24 pm »

My stylish old-fashioned hat collection has doubled in size today(unless I'm forgetting one which I left at my old house), with the addition of a slick looking widebrimmed fedora to go alongside my bowler. :D
Also I just taught myself to play 'You Are My Sunshine' on the ukulele.
Now if only I could sing better, I could go busking to support my extravagant, behatted lifestyle...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92988 on: November 02, 2012, 08:33:02 pm »

A thought struck me about FFVI and FFXII.

The heroes, seeking magical stones that will help them overcome the Empire, must infiltrate a weapons research facility in the Imperial capital. There, they meet Dr. Cid, chief researcher, who happens to act as a father figure for one of the characters. They manage to escape, and the knowledge they gain from the journey soon sets them on a quest through dangerous, new territory to gain the aid of an ancient magical race, long sealed away by its own hand. It turns out, this was the Empire's plan all along, and proves instrumental in their quest to take over the world.

Which game did I just describe?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92989 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:43 pm »

A thought struck me about FFVI and FFXII.

The heroes, seeking magical stones that will help them overcome the Empire, must infiltrate a weapons research facility in the Imperial capital. There, they meet Dr. Cid, chief researcher, who happens to act as a father figure for one of the characters. They manage to escape, and the knowledge they gain from the journey soon sets them on a quest through dangerous, new territory to gain the aid of an ancient magical race, long sealed away by its own hand. It turns out, this was the Empire's plan all along, and proves instrumental in their quest to take over the world.

Which game did I just describe?
Having played both games and payed attention to their story and backstories (and the bestairy backstories in FFXII and such as well); that just blew my mind.

Bravo, good sir.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #92990 on: November 02, 2012, 08:35:44 pm »

FFIII obviously. Cid in FFXII is no father figure, and that section dosen't even happen until near endgame, nor is Vayne Solidor evil as much as he is Machiavellian.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92991 on: November 02, 2012, 09:07:25 pm »

FFIII obviously. Cid in FFXII is no father figure, and that section dosen't even happen until near endgame, nor is Vayne Solidor evil as much as he is Machiavellian.

Before someone tries to correct this, FFIII in the US is the same as FFVI everywhere, because it was only the third game released in the US. Also, not having played FFXII, I only recognize it as the plot of FFVI.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92992 on: November 02, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »

Watched a pretty awesome horror/mockumentary that delved a bit into Norwegian mythology. A line that comes to mind, paraphrased:

"What's that?" [gesturing to a bucket filled with dark liquid]

"The blood of some Christian man."

And then the credits rolled.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92993 on: November 02, 2012, 10:23:05 pm »

I had a really fun night at FNM, but it turns out my Jund Control deck is simply far too slow. I won 2 and lost 2, one of those victorys was a 1-0 draw on the second game, and one of those was a 0-1 draw on the second game.

While I can pretty much hold down anyone's offensive, I have trouble mounting one of my own, opting to instead just whittle them down with Chandra the Firebrand and Staffs of Nin, though there's also a few creatures in my 2/1 ambush vipers and my single 4/1 veliborn ghoul, and some 2/2 Acidic Slimes, but those aren't what you'd call 'win conditions'.

In the game that went 0-1 draw on the second game, the first game lasts for a full forty minutes, neither player bringing the other down very much. He couldn't keep a threat on the board and I couldn't mount a significant enough offensive to counter the lifegain from a couple thragtusks that he kept recycling from his graveyard. I eventually got rid of them with some cremates but now it was just a waiting game and my 3 staffs of nin milled me out before I could squeak the last few points from him.

Want to play control, need more definitive win con. Still that was an amazingly funny match, I had alot of fun.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92994 on: November 02, 2012, 10:34:55 pm »

So, it looks like hurricane-related price gouging in my area has subsided, not including gas, which (according to TV) stubbornly expensive. Now it its just regular gouging, which we can afford.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92995 on: November 02, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »

He's an example of a tragedy as a father figure, but he still counts (particularly given his dialogue at the Pharos). And I never claimed otherwise for the other two :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #92996 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:48 am »

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92997 on: November 03, 2012, 07:01:14 am »

Holy shit they ate super mushrooms!

Also now I have trouble telling your and Flan apart.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #92998 on: November 03, 2012, 08:13:59 am »

Holy shit they ate super mushrooms!

Also now I have trouble telling your and Flan and Janet apart.

FTFY :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #92999 on: November 03, 2012, 08:35:57 am »

Ahh, the promise of ale. Was there ever a finer thing?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 6198 6199 [6200] 6201 6202 ... 13325