Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6187 6188 [6189] 6190 6191 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752971 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92820 on: November 01, 2012, 01:01:35 am »

It'd be interesting, and I'm absolutely sure someone's tried it. Still, a "No one fails" system would be... neat. Success is not a matter of avoiding failure, but of doing better than you could.

E:Thinking on it more, it could actually be a pretty bleak scenario to work with. Even success isn't enough for victory... win a thousand thousand battles, still lose the war. Etc., so forth, so on. That would be even more interesting.

E2: And now I'm thinking about asymmetric systems. What would a tabletop session look like when half the players are running the D&D ruleset, the other half RIFTS, and the NPCs Exhalted?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:16:17 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92821 on: November 01, 2012, 01:22:29 am »

It'd be interesting, and I'm absolutely sure someone's tried it. Still, a "No one fails" system would be... neat. Success is not a matter of avoiding failure, but of doing better than you could.

E:Thinking on it more, it could actually be a pretty bleak scenario to work with. Even success isn't enough for victory... win a thousand thousand battles, still lose the war. Etc., so forth, so on. That would be even more interesting.

E2: And now I'm thinking about asymmetric systems. What would a tabletop session look like when half the players are running the D&D ruleset, the other half RIFTS, and the NPCs Exhalted?
Biggest snag to this is number conversion, possibly followed fairly closely by effect conversion (stunned/poisoned/blind).

You'd probably have more luck just building them differently, since in most cases it'd just turn into a numbers difference anyway, and when it doesn't you'd have more control over precisely what the differences were.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92822 on: November 01, 2012, 02:19:37 am »

A year or half ago, I tried that, then switchedto a pure system xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92823 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:23 am »

I finally got internet back after ages of it being out all day and me being bored. Yay!

However it's now about time for bed, so it better be working when I get up again.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92826 on: November 01, 2012, 04:43:48 am »

He's a jaded white trash senator with nothing left to lose. She's a mentally unstable African-American socialite with the soul of a mighty warrior. They fight crime!
He's a time-tossed small-town werewolf gone bad. She's a foxy communist lawyer with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!
He's a leather-clad zombie photographer haunted by memories of 'Nam. She's a foxy renegade mermaid operating on the wrong side of the law. They fight crime!

I swear this one sounds fairly viable.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92827 on: November 01, 2012, 04:45:29 am »

He's an ungodly Republican assassin looking for a cure to the poison coursing through his veins. She's a transdimensional mute schoolgirl from aristocratic European stock. They fight crime!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:52:23 am by ISP »

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92828 on: November 01, 2012, 06:16:42 am »

I'm the only one in the house, got music up really loud and I'm making chain maille. Also it's supposed to rain.

In my opinion, that is an awesomely spent afternoon.
AND tomorrow is a pupil free day. So I'll be doing exactly the same thing then :D

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92829 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:04 am »

I'm the only one in the house, got music up really loud and I'm making chain maille. Also it's supposed to rain.

You.. are making chain.. mail?
Chain mail as in armor? or chain mail as spam we all hate so much?

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92830 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22:06 am »

You.. are making chain.. mail?
Chain mail as in armor? or chain mail as spam we all hate so much?

The armour stuff. I do have a life, surprisingly!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92831 on: November 01, 2012, 06:23:28 am »

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #92832 on: November 01, 2012, 10:14:58 am »

Quote from: Ragnar Törnquist
[...]And what's ahead? That's too early to say, but rest assured that I haven't, and will not, leave The Longest Journey and Dreamfall fans in the dark forever. Chapters is going to happen, and hopefully this year you'll know when and how.[...]
source: http://www.ragnartornquist.com/

I am... happy!

EDIT: Blah seems as it was an old post from january... but then again, still two months left on this year :p
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:28:25 am by Aptus »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #92833 on: November 01, 2012, 12:11:49 pm »

He's an impetuous Catholic cat burglar She's a cold-hearted wisecracking safe cracker living on borrowed time. They fight crime!

How do these two criminals band together to fight crime? Unless of course, they are stealing from criminals...

He's an unconventional skateboarding senator from the 'hood. She's an orphaned mute hooker from Mars. They fight crime!

What? I don't even...
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92834 on: November 01, 2012, 12:32:41 pm »

Buy potion of remove fear. Store it in hip flask. Refer to it only as "liquid courage". IT'S JUST VODKA
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6187 6188 [6189] 6190 6191 ... 13325