Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6184 6185 [6186] 6187 6188 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748743 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92775 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »

Meds take time to kick in for me, so I'd start taking them now. It might be different for you, of course.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92776 on: October 30, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »

Eh, it takes what, 2 weeks to kick in? Hopefully this will last longer than that.

Unlikely, I know. :P

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92777 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:49 pm »

I found out that I may be able to join a local archery club in the coming spring.

YAY!

What would you call the sound that a bowstring makes when an arrow is fired?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #92778 on: October 30, 2012, 10:01:02 pm »

Thwip! is the sound it makes.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92779 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:16 pm »

I'd say it's sort of a nasally "da-uhh" sound.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92780 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

My LP... the recent events have just left me completely in stitches. I'm feeling very happy with myself right now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92781 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20:40 pm »

Okay. So earlier I had posted in Sad thread how I thought my LF was going to flake out on me. As it happily turns out, she did not. The Plan was slightly revised, as the women I know are wont to do (no offense ladies, it's just something that happens to me a lot), but it was great.

We went to the haunted house, with her brother along with. He decided not to go in and save his money, which I was secretly a bit happy about. He seemed a good enough guy, but I didn't want to be the third wheel. So just me and her went in, with a stranger and his daughter. The stranger and his daughter quickly got seperated from us.

At first, she and I linked arms, and just stuck together, but eventually she grabbed my hands and we held hands the rest of the way. At one point, several uh, spooks, backed us into a corner, one wearing a clown mask and the other two dressed in dark robe things with face paint. They taunted us, and got right up in our face, and as she had warned me, she got increasingly angry. She was definitely scared, but also very angry. She cocked her arm back at one point and I hurriedly held that hand too, then interposed myself between us and the clowns. They saw this, and showed us the way out before she got too upset.

The one thing that really scared me was the goddamn chainsaw. We came into a room, with a series of spinning green lights projected from above and forward of us. One 'spook' was crouched on the floor, prowling like an animal. As we closed, he dashed back, under the lights and I couldn't see him anymore. I could hear a... Purring? Then a shape slid out, and a chainsaw screamed, and we screamed.

And it was good. Frakking awesome in fact. :) Made my day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92782 on: October 30, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »

Oooh, sounds like a good haunted house. The ones I've been to suck :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92783 on: October 30, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »

It was okay. The company was better. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92784 on: October 30, 2012, 10:29:32 pm »

But of course ;D

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92785 on: October 30, 2012, 10:46:29 pm »

I use a crossbow, and the sound is more of a thump. Also, got the best idea for my next chainmail project. The Worf sash.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92786 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:26 pm »

I have a new addition to my book collection: the much-acclaimed and famous Eleventh Edition (1913) of the Encyclopedia Britannica. It was $75.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92787 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:57 pm »

While old books are always cool, why is this particular edition so acclaimed?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92788 on: October 30, 2012, 11:54:41 pm »

While old books are always cool, why is this particular edition so acclaimed?

It's generally considered the greatest Britannica of them all (formed the basis for all succeeding editions until 1974); and it's got a lot of historical value, being more or less the sum of Western knowledge right before the First World War began.

All that, and it's always fun at a century's remove to see what's aged well and what hasn't. Did you know that the Americans won in the Revolutionary War because America had "a population mainly of good English blood and instincts"? Or that it's irrational to "propagate low orders of intelligence, to feed the ranks of paupers, defectives and criminals ... which to-day constitute so threatening an obstacle to racial progress."?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:56:21 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92789 on: October 31, 2012, 01:26:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6184 6185 [6186] 6187 6188 ... 13325