Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6159 6160 [6161] 6162 6163 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798825 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92400 on: October 26, 2012, 01:26:20 am »

All I know, is if I saw a guy with a Furby come in and show it off, I'd raise and eyebrow and ask him about it. Boom, conversation starter. If he turns out not crazy, then that's a perfect opportunity for asking me out.

I'm not a lady but I'm not sure it'd be much different for them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92401 on: October 26, 2012, 01:28:26 am »

I'm sorry, do all of you live in Japan or something? Becasue where I come from, having Robot-based life accompany you to a nightclub is a indicator of insanity.
And/or being a nerd. Which is sexy.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92402 on: October 26, 2012, 04:21:15 am »

So, a fundamentalist Christian conservative radio station in California asks how to fix Detroit and the suffering American auto industry, talking about how illegitimate children and failed liberal programs destroyed the city. My brother, who happens to be working on his doctoral dissertation on just that topic, caught the show while he was doing some research in the area, calls in, and proceeds to drop some peer-reviewed motherfucking science on them.

It was amazing.

The segment starts at 14:10, and he calls in around 18:50. Makes me so damn happy.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #92403 on: October 26, 2012, 04:33:49 am »

So, a fundamentalist Christian conservative radio station in California asks how to fix Detroit and the suffering American auto industry, talking about how illegitimate children and failed liberal programs destroyed the city. My brother, who happens to be working on his doctoral dissertation on just that topic, caught the show while he was doing some research in the area, calls in, and proceeds to drop some peer-reviewed motherfucking science on them.

It was amazing.

The segment starts at 14:10, and he calls in around 18:50. Makes me so damn happy.

14:55 - Detroit is the poorest country in America.... I did not know that.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92404 on: October 26, 2012, 06:17:06 am »

It was amazing.

14:55 - Detroit is the poorest country in America.... I did not know that.
More of a city state.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92405 on: October 26, 2012, 07:09:36 am »

Regarding the Furby thingy, those of us with programming and robotics experience could get Aibo, install extra memory and try and program an AI that per iteration can vary from 'friendly and nice' to 'utterly aggressive' to 'psychopathic'.

A Psychopathic Aibo would adorably try and push other Aibo over.
An aggressive one would bark.
A nice one would play around.

Ooh, so many possibilities

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92406 on: October 26, 2012, 08:19:25 am »

Regarding the Furby thingy, those of us with programming and robotics experience could get Aibo, install extra memory and try and program an AI that per iteration can vary from 'friendly and nice' to 'utterly aggressive' to 'psychopathic'.

A Psychopathic Aibo would adorably try and push other Aibo over.
An aggressive one would bark.
A nice one would play around.

Ooh, so many possibilities

Hey, that's me! Why haven't I heard of Aibos?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92407 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:21 am »

Heh, I did under- and postgrad work in robotics. Most of my creations wouldn't be suitable in most social gatherings though due to any one of lasers, fast moving mechanical bits, the ability to electrocute or from just being really boring bits of metal that dont outwardly do that much.
This is a blank sig.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #92408 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:35 am »

What about lasers attached to fast moving mechanical bits but they just sit around not outwardly doing much until you get close enough to be electrocuted?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92409 on: October 26, 2012, 11:03:00 am »

No school for one week.

FUCK YES!

Also, we already had this lazer discussion.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92410 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:36 am »

The general outcome of any laser discussion tends to be lasers = good. This is because they are FUCKING COOL.
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92411 on: October 26, 2012, 11:05:36 am »

The general outcome of any laser discussion tends to be lasers = good. This is because they are FUCKING COOL.
Well, the outcome of this one was a debate about wether the big bang was the only point in history where there was nuff dakka and wether you could out-dakka that.
We agreed on the point that there is no such thing as too much dakka tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #92412 on: October 26, 2012, 11:11:57 am »

Dere ain't no such thing as enuff dakka
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92413 on: October 26, 2012, 11:46:23 am »

I sent in a question to Xkcd's What if:

The article a few weeks past on what would happen if a nuclear bomb were detonated in the Mariana's Trench, and really I just enjoyed awing at the underwater nuclear test videos and trying to imagine what the Chicxulub Impact must've looked like.

However, I look at the non-newtonian properties of the water and cornstarch mixture, and I wonder if all the water of the oceans were somehow replaced with it, what would happen to those amazing explosions?

Thank you, sincerely

Joshua FH

and I sent if off with that goofy ass grammatical faux pas right at the start?! Fuck me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92414 on: October 26, 2012, 12:04:56 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
The Chili Appreciation Society International specified in 1999 that, among other things, cooks are forbidden to include beans, marinate any meats, or discharge firearms in the preparation of chili for official competition.

forbidden to include beans, marinate any meats, or discharge firearms in the preparation of chili for official competition.

or discharge firearms in the preparation of chili

God damn it, Texas. What did you do?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6159 6160 [6161] 6162 6163 ... 13325