Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6153 6154 [6155] 6156 6157 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798015 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92310 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:31 pm »

I used to have a stomach of steel. Apparently I'd forced things to stay down too many times and ran out of Get Out of Vomiting Free Cards, so now... :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92312 on: October 24, 2012, 11:36:42 pm »

Fuck yeah, humanity.

Why does /tg/ seem prone to producing awesomeness?
Because 4chan has to counteract the effect of /b/ somehow, so they step up and bring in the epic stories, like that one and this one.
Is that archived, or just the picture?
Holy crap. Why am I reminded of how and why I, as myself, should never be featured in ANY horror movie whatsoever?

The "Things Bay-12ers are no longer allowed to do in an RPG" comes to mind so many times while I read this. I'm just laughing to the point of neck pains again.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:47:52 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92313 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:13 pm »

Fuck yeah, humanity.

Because 4chan has to counteract the effect of /b/ somehow, so they step up and bring in the epic stories, like that one and this one.
Holy crap. Why am I reminded of how and why I, as myself, should never be featured in ANY horror movie whatsoever?

The "Things Bay-12ers are no longer allowed to do in an RPG" comes to mind so many times while I read this. I'm just laughing to the point of neck pains again.

Where is this list of which you speak?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92314 on: October 24, 2012, 11:55:16 pm »

On the one hand, he's relieved as fuck since he didn't lose the gnomes, and killing that many little people would probably constitute a hate crime.

Never mind that he totally just leveled a church with the speed and brutality of the fucking Spetsnaz.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92315 on: October 24, 2012, 11:59:29 pm »

Fuck yeah, humanity.

Where is this list of which you speak?
Enjoy.

I've contributed a startling amount to that list myself.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92316 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30:11 am »

Excellent news! After a month of lounging around here because a small (and, I should add, entirely unrepresentative of their peaceful and wonderful homeland) band of Finnish fuckwits got me sent home on trumped-up- nay, nonexistent- charges of pyromania and being too smart, I am pleased to announce that I'm getting transferred to Brazil. I got my fingerprints done for the visa application today, things are moving quickly, eu tenho já començade estudar o português, and I should be on a plane to Rio (or São Paulo, or Brasília) before Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:45:56 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92317 on: October 25, 2012, 12:31:23 am »

Hooray! Hope things go well for you in Brazil.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92318 on: October 25, 2012, 12:31:50 am »

Excellent news! After a month of lounging around here because a small (and, I should add, entirely unrepresentative of their homelands) band of Finnish fuckwits got me sent home on trumped-up- nay, nonexistent- charges of pyromania and being too smart, I am pleased to announce that I'm getting transferred to Brazil. I got my fingerprints done for the visa application today, things are moving quickly, eu tenho já començade estudar o português, and I should be on a plane to Rio (or São Paulo, or Brasília) before Thanksgiving.
Congratulations! Brazil is supposed to be awesome, just don't go into the forest. Seriously, fucking spiders everywhere (from what I'm told.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92319 on: October 25, 2012, 12:36:51 am »

Excellent news! After a month of lounging around here because a small (and, I should add, entirely unrepresentative of their homelands) band of Finnish fuckwits got me sent home on trumped-up- nay, nonexistent- charges of pyromania and being too smart, I am pleased to announce that I'm getting transferred to Brazil. I got my fingerprints done for the visa application today, things are moving quickly, eu tenho já començade estudar o português, and I should be on a plane to Rio (or São Paulo, or Brasília) before Thanksgiving.
Congratulations! Brazil is supposed to be awesome, just don't go into the forest. Seriously, fucking spiders everywhere (from what I'm told.)

Luckily, wherever I'm going (I get a choice of four cities, but which ones haven't yet been revealed) is on a Southern Hemisphere school schedule. This has two benefits: firstly, I get summer vacation right off the bat (and get to stay longer because fall term doesn't end until July), and it means I am not going to Amazonia, which is on a Northern Hemisphere schedule. Oh, and a third: I don't have to get any immunizations, and who knows how many I'd have to get for Amazonia.

As for the Portuguese: at first, I said that Portuguese is what Spanish would sound like if Spanish weren't ugly (which is quite true), and then that it sounds like a cross between Spanish and French (which is true, and it is a complete poser doing it, since it isn't Catalan, which actually is a cross between them).

Then I figured it out: Portuguese sounds like a drunk person speaking. I'm not even going to quantify that with "a drunk person speaking [Spanish, French, Catalan...]". It just sounds drunk. S's at the end of a word are transformed into sh. L's at the end of a word become w (so the canonical pronounciation of "Brasil" sounds like a three-year-old is trying to pronounce it). Nasal vowels everywhere. T and d become ch and j before i and e. Double and word-initial R has the widest range of surface forms of any sound in just about any language I've ever seen- anything from a French R to a German ch to an h to the h in "huge" to nothing at fucking all because it up and disappears. Would you guess that "as telenovelas" (meaning "the soap operas") is pronounced "ash chélénuvélash"? Or that Rio de Janeiro is approximately "khiu je zhanéru"?

I adore Portuguese.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:43:25 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92320 on: October 25, 2012, 01:04:31 am »

WTF, languages, Y U NO MAKE SENSE?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92321 on: October 25, 2012, 01:09:35 am »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92322 on: October 25, 2012, 01:13:11 am »

WTF, languages, Y U NO MAKE SENSE?

Languages? You think languages are constrained by this 'sense' of which you speak?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #92323 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28:26 am »

Luckily, wherever I'm going (I get a choice of four cities, but which ones haven't yet been revealed) is on a Southern Hemisphere school schedule. This has two benefits: firstly, I get summer vacation right off the bat (and get to stay longer because fall term doesn't end until July), and it means I am not going to Amazonia, which is on a Northern Hemisphere schedule. Oh, and a third: I don't have to get any immunizations, and who knows how many I'd have to get for Amazonia.

As for the Portuguese: at first, I said that Portuguese is what Spanish would sound like if Spanish weren't ugly (which is quite true), and then that it sounds like a cross between Spanish and French (which is true, and it is a complete poser doing it, since it isn't Catalan, which actually is a cross between them).

Then I figured it out: Portuguese sounds like a drunk person speaking. I'm not even going to quantify that with "a drunk person speaking [Spanish, French, Catalan...]". It just sounds drunk. S's at the end of a word are transformed into sh. L's at the end of a word become w (so the canonical pronounciation of "Brasil" sounds like a three-year-old is trying to pronounce it). Nasal vowels everywhere. T and d become ch and j before i and e. Double and word-initial R has the widest range of surface forms of any sound in just about any language I've ever seen- anything from a French R to a German ch to an h to the h in "huge" to nothing at fucking all because it up and disappears. Would you guess that "as telenovelas" (meaning "the soap operas") is pronounced "ash chélénuvélash"? Or that Rio de Janeiro is approximately "khiu je zhanéru"?

I adore Portuguese.
In the challenger's side, we have... PORTUGUESE.
"Start a word with R. I dare you. Also, I have a second U"
And on the other side, your reigning champion... THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
*looks at Portuguese blankly*
*Portugese falls over*
Well, so much for that idea. Your continued reigning champion, with a record of 3 wins, no losses, and two hundred five wins by default because the other guy just went down before we started, the worst language in the world, ENGLISH!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92324 on: October 25, 2012, 01:29:33 am »

There are worse languages. Especially when it comes to writing; traditional Chinese, anyone? (or any of those writing systems without real letters)
Pages: 1 ... 6153 6154 [6155] 6156 6157 ... 13325