Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6032 6033 [6034] 6035 6036 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753046 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #90495 on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:07 am »

Personally I'd just like to have a worthwhile life and an exciting death.
Y'know, something someone might write a book about some day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #90496 on: October 03, 2012, 10:52:19 am »

I do not exactly fear death either, as long as I can decide HOW I die.
What I do however fear, is if there is no existence after death.
If there is some afterlife, then I may be at peace when I one day die.

By the way, I'm a christian in case you didn't know.  :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90497 on: October 03, 2012, 10:53:34 am »

I'm agnostic and have accepted the possibility of nothingness for an afterlife, but I'd kinda prefer something else >.>

Ideally reincarnation. That'd be cool.

But if not, /shrug
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90498 on: October 03, 2012, 10:56:05 am »

I just really really like existing I guess.  Its not the act of death that scares me, its the lack of "being" afterwards.  (I'm an atheist, so no afterlife for me)

I'm also an atheist. :) I also really like existing, which is one of several reasons I haven't killed myself at any point. I just feel like death is the greatest mystery in all the world, and thankfully I get to explore it one day, in due time. Besides, existence for me is pretty hellish, despite how much I enjoy being alive.

Lol, no one can choose the hour and second of their death. Unless you do, in which case it is a 'sin'. :P And not to belittle your beliefs, this is just a question that puzzles me: Why would there be existence after death?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90499 on: October 03, 2012, 10:58:18 am »

Lol, no one can choose the hour and second of their death. Unless you do, in which case it is a 'sin'. :P And not to belittle your beliefs, this is just a question that puzzles me: Why would there be existence after death?

I know I may not know the time, but I would preffer to die a relatively pecaeful death.
After living a long meaningful life.

As for why there should be an afterlife?
Well.. why should there NOT be?
I just cannot accept nothing after death.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90500 on: October 03, 2012, 10:59:28 am »

I've always thought reincarnation would be good, but with a sort-of intermission first, kinda like the Christian idea of Heaven- you know, nice cloudy place where you can catch up with ancestors, play some ping-pong, ponder the true rights and wrongs of the things your past selves have done.

Oh and there should be a big list of stats, scores and achievements. So obsessive people like myself could finally discover just how many times I did X, after years of wondering. Once you're done and ready to move on, you can respawn in a new life, with a fresh mind free of all the burdensome knowledge of your past lives. Sound good?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90501 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05:26 am »

Oh and there should be a big list of stats, scores and achievements. So obsessive people like myself could finally discover just how many times I did X, after years of wondering. Once you're done and ready to move on, you can respawn in a new life, with a fresh mind free of all the burdensome knowledge of your past lives. Sound good?

Haha, that is funny.  My brother likes to think the first thing you'd get to do in heaven is get a book that has every single stat from your life.  Want to know the number of times you've sneezed?  How many steps you've taken?  The average glucose level of your blood over every year of your life in a bar graph?  Its all in the great book of stats!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #90502 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:12 am »

I can't imagine it just being a void of nonexistance, if only because that's a tremendous waste of resources. That'd be like replacing your Hard Drive every time it gets full, you just format that shit and you're ready to go with another lifetime.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90503 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:59 am »

I don't want to get into a theology debate, so ignore me if you so desire, but...

If you can't give a good answer to either of those (why or why not), then you've probably hit a question you cannot reasonably come to any conclusion on. The question you should be asking is why you cannot accept one of the possibilities (nothing after death). Why do you cling to a hope you have no reason to believe?

There are good answers in either direction, by the way, so don't think I'm trying to corner you into answering the way I want you to. It's still a question you should probably ask yourself though.

I've always thought reincarnation would be good, but with a sort-of intermission first, kinda like the Christian idea of Heaven- you know, nice cloudy place where you can catch up with ancestors, play some ping-pong, ponder the true rights and wrongs of the things your past selves have done.

Sounds awesome :D
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #90504 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:01 am »

My perfect afterlife would be to observe mankind forever and see space marines :P.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90505 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:59 am »

I had a long speech writ up about my beliefs, but Yoink wins. That's awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90506 on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:17 am »

Haha, that is funny.  My brother likes to think the first thing you'd get to do in heaven is get a book that has every single stat from your life.  Want to know the number of times you've sneezed?  How many steps you've taken?  The average glucose level of your blood over every year of your life in a bar graph?  Its all in the great book of stats!

...:o

I have never met your brother, but I feel like we understand each other.  Whoaaaah.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90507 on: October 03, 2012, 11:19:05 am »

I don't want to get into a theology debate, so ignore me if you so desire, but...

If you can't give a good answer to either of those (why or why not), then you've probably hit a question you cannot reasonably come to any conclusion on. The question you should be asking is why you cannot accept one of the possibilities (nothing after death). Why do you cling to a hope you have no reason to believe?

There are good answers in either direction, by the way, so don't think I'm trying to corner you into answering the way I want you to. It's still a question you should probably ask yourself though.

Oh I can accept if others believe in non existance, whatever floats their boat.
I just refuse to accept it myself.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:22:24 am by Ultimuh »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90508 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:55 am »

I think I'm sort of in the bender camp when it comes to afterlives, I'd kill myself if I thought I had to go through a whole 'nother life.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90509 on: October 03, 2012, 11:28:22 am »

I used to be like that, but "emotionally unstable" would probably be an understatement for me back then :P Fear is what kept me believing in it. I stabilized a bit later and came to be okay with the possibility of being transient; temporary.

Anywho, whatever floats your boat as well, provided you've thought about it and have reasons. Same goes for everything, not just this, and not just theology.

I think I'm sort of in the bender camp when it comes to afterlives, I'd kill myself if I thought I had to go through a whole 'nother life.
But wouldn't being a bird be rather awesome? Or some weird alien thing on another planet? Or some different universe entirely, with different laws and logic?

So many possibilities. So many experiences to be had.
Pages: 1 ... 6032 6033 [6034] 6035 6036 ... 13325