Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6031 6032 [6033] 6034 6035 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754309 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #90480 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:17 am »

(b'_')b

Way to go! I can say that you don't have anywhere NEAR as long a way to go as me, so PURSUE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT DREAM.

In other news, ME GRIMLOCK HERE TO SAVE UNIVERSE. GRIMLOCK MAKE SHOOK HAPPY. The little ugly dude has the most annoying voice ever, though.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #90481 on: October 03, 2012, 08:04:20 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #90482 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:23 am »

If only. If only.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90483 on: October 03, 2012, 08:27:45 am »

Day = made

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90484 on: October 03, 2012, 08:45:02 am »

But when people talk about immortality being bad, "you'll get bored after a while!" gets brought up... like, invariably.

That's what is being discussed.

(Besides, even if you DO get bored eventually, it won't happen for eons.)

I don't understand that whole concept. If there's millions of lifetimes worth of stuff to do, be, and learn at this very moment, and society continues forward at a steady pace, how could you ever run out of stuff to play with, people to date, subjects to learn, jobs to hold, and so on? Yeah, I know that you'd find a lot of similar stuff, but by that time, you could go explore the freakin' universe, as relatively plausible long range space travel will probably have been invented.

Besides, I never get tired of good sub sandwiches.

I'm bringing this back up because I have the opportunity to apply some Doctor Who to it. Everything you said is valid. However, all the people that you meet are presumably mortal. They will die, and you will live on. That makes immortality kinda suck.

On the other hand, if you're not the only immortal, then things could get really fun. Moral of the story: If you become an immortal, don't go alone. Have some immortal best friends, too.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #90485 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:08 am »

I've said it many times before on this forum, but it's worth saying over and over again.  I need a few dozen lifetimes to do all the things I want to do with my life, and that's IF I don't have to work 40 hours a week for the duration... and that's only the stuff I know I want to do right now.  Boredom is the act of wasting opportunity.  I can find something to do with every single second of my time, and it frustrates me immensely that we're robbed of so much of it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #90486 on: October 03, 2012, 08:52:06 am »

Yeah, and in those several lifetimes of doing everything you want to do. Several more lifetimes worth of stuff to do will appear.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90487 on: October 03, 2012, 09:17:00 am »

I'd proooobably be content with a few thousand years. Random guess.

Of course, if I found a cycle of things to do, so that when I got bored of one thing my interest would be rekindled in another, I could probably live forever.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90488 on: October 03, 2012, 09:46:32 am »

I think I could handle living forever even if I was bored.   Even if everybody I know and love dies.  To me, nothing is more horrifying than non-existence.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:48:11 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90489 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:27 am »

and just think of the things you could build.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90490 on: October 03, 2012, 10:15:12 am »

Went from having no visa and two days left to leave the country to having my request for an extended visa granted for a year. Isn't it amazing what contacts and money can do?

Now I'm able to be stranded in Thailand for a year. :P

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #90491 on: October 03, 2012, 10:15:56 am »

I'd like to live for roughly ~300 years. That should be enough for me, I feel.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90492 on: October 03, 2012, 10:41:53 am »

Went from having no visa and two days left to leave the country to having my request for an extended visa granted for a year. Isn't it amazing what contacts and money can do?

Now I'm able to be stranded in Thailand for a year. :P

Yay! :D Although if it's anything like Indonesia, you can simply leave the country for as little as a day and then return, getting a new visa on arrival for the normal price. Does that work in Thailand?

...Dang, now I'm wishing I had a better experience of Thailand during my brief visit there. :-\ I was seriously ill at the time, but it seemed like a beautiful place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90493 on: October 03, 2012, 10:45:14 am »

To me, nothing is more horrifying than non-existence.

I'll let Mr. Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) handle this one:

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” -Mark Twain

Seriously though, why is everyone so horrified of being dead? It's not like you'll care once you're dead. It's not like it hurts to be dead, or like it's infinity torture. I've never died, but I've had a multitude of near-death experiences, and I can confirm that you start to feel really peaceful the closer to death you get.
It's supersleep, guys. That's all. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90494 on: October 03, 2012, 10:48:11 am »

I just really really like existing I guess.  Its not the act of death that scares me, its the lack of "being" afterwards.  (I'm an atheist, so no afterlife for me)

And here is my response to Twain! (stolen from Dylan Thomas)

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:49:50 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 6031 6032 [6033] 6034 6035 ... 13325