Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6014 6015 [6016] 6017 6018 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782228 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #90225 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:21 pm »

Wait, peripheral vision isn't supposed to be blurry? I thought it was just for picking out movement from the corner of your eyes; I didn't think detail was a priority for that.
I can read out of the bloody stuff when I've got contacts in :-/

At the very least, there's a difference between blurry and, well, blurry. As in the latter case you can't actually tell what shape the thing is, only that it's a general blob.

But yeah. Contacts can be annoying to get in/out, but having fully functional peripheral vision is incredible. Also painful, for me, as I've been glasses wearing most of my life and apparently my brain's optimized for it or something. Case of TMI-induced headache, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:28:38 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90226 on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:18 pm »

Yeah, I prefer glasses. When I actually wear them, anyway; I'm content with everything further than 5 feet away being a blur.

My one experience with contacts was a bad one. Took forever to get them in, forever to get them out, and I never wore them again.
Do me a favor and never drive without them :P
Pfft what do I need to read signs for :P

And I never drive anyway. I have a very very bad habit of daydreaming and crashing into stuff.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90227 on: October 01, 2012, 06:28:50 pm »

Aw, that's a shame  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90228 on: October 01, 2012, 07:17:54 pm »

Yeah, I prefer glasses. When I actually wear them, anyway; I'm content with everything further than 5 feet away being a blur.

My one experience with contacts was a bad one. Took forever to get them in, forever to get them out, and I never wore them again.
Do me a favor and never drive without them :P
Pfft what do I need to read signs for :P

And I never drive anyway. I have a very very bad habit of daydreaming and crashing into stuff.

While I don't have my license yet, I love to drive. With regard to glasses, i'm very shortsighted. I leave my glasses off when reading/writing/using the computer, but put them on at all times otherwise. I HAVE to wear them when I drive.

What car do you drive, Kaijyuu? At the moment I'm just practising in two cars: my father's 2003 Holden Commodore, and my mother's 2005 Mitsubishi Magna.

I don't know what car I want to get for myself, but I'd want something that's reliable and safe. The one I think will be best is a ToyotaCamry. My parents are trying to insist on a 1990s Volvo.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90229 on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:04 pm »

I *used* to drive a Chevy Sprint, which is a tiny car smaller than a geo metro. By the time I was done with it, the driver's door was nearly ripped off, the front bumper caved in, a nice hole was put in the hood from a flying mailbox, and the transmission was shot from my inadequate shifting (it was a manual).

Nowadays I take the bus. If I'm forced to drive, I use the family car, which is a Nissan Cube. Ugly car, but quite comfy and roomy with good gas mileage.

Whatever you get, I suggest a junker. Your top priorities should be gas mileage and not caring about damaging it.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90230 on: October 01, 2012, 07:32:00 pm »

So I just ran... Well, walked quickly 4.18 miles in an hour and 5 minutes, and burnt 843.9 calories. And I've barely got any pain at all, after having not going to the gym for a month.

what is this
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #90231 on: October 01, 2012, 07:34:24 pm »

So I just ran... Well, walked quickly 4.18 miles in an hour and 5 minutes, and burnt 843.9 calories. And I've barely got any pain at all, after having not going to the gym for a month.

what is this

Oh god I gave you lycanthropy over the internet! Boundless energy is always the first sign!

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #90232 on: October 01, 2012, 07:39:42 pm »

As a 19-year-old who spends pretty much 90% of my time interacting with 21-year-olds and the rest of it with 20-year-olds, it's really relieving sometimes to hang out with someone my age. As much as I'm completely capable of being friends with people older than me, that one year makes way more difference than you'd expect.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #90233 on: October 01, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »

what is this

Oh god I gave you lycanthropy over the internet! Boundless energy is always the first sign!
Fur coming out of your ears is the second sign :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90234 on: October 01, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »

As far as the contacts thing goes:

I've worn both glasses and contacts long term, and both have a set of pros and cons.
Glasses pros:
-Convienent
-Uh...

Glasses cons:
-Can fall off
-Breakable
-No peripheral correction

Contacts Pros:
-Peripheral correction.
-Breakage is easily compensated with a new lens

Contact Cons:
-Can roll up into the back of your eye
-You have to touch your eye
-Seriously. Your eye. With your finger. On purpose.
-Not very convienent
-Not much fun in jail with no solution

I personally prefer glasses because I can just throw them on and forget them, but contacts are good for looking good and hiding your inferior eyesight. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90235 on: October 01, 2012, 07:51:13 pm »

contacts are good for looking good and hiding your inferior eyesight. :P
You're presupposing that glasses don't look good ;D

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90236 on: October 01, 2012, 07:52:38 pm »

contacts are good for looking good and hiding your inferior eyesight. :P
You're presupposing that glasses don't look good ;D

You're presupposing that I look good. :P But seriously, glasses work for some people and not for others. You know who you are. I can pull off glasses with my nerdy good looks. Some cannot.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90237 on: October 01, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »

You're presupposing that I look good. :P
That's no presupposition. That's knowledge! :D

But yeah you're right, not everyone can pull off glasses. I think mine are rather neutral; I don't look any better or worse with them, really. Maybe a bit geekier.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90238 on: October 01, 2012, 07:59:21 pm »

I believe I look better with contacts, but I choose to wear glasses because if someone can't accept me with my faults, they can't accept me at all.
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90239 on: October 01, 2012, 08:08:22 pm »

I personally think I look better with glasses. Then again I think glasses are sexy :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6014 6015 [6016] 6017 6018 ... 13325