Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5990 5991 [5992] 5993 5994 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761016 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #89865 on: September 28, 2012, 11:45:10 am »

Just as I was starting my day today, a random storm appeared during a rather clear sky, and before leaving for a really short work day (no more than an hour and a half of it, mercifully, especially since the rest of the week's long days), I was greeted by a double rainbow on a clear blue sky backdrop, both clear as day. Took a couple pictures of it before leaving. It was pretty awesome.

Never thought I'd see a morning rainbow over the mainland. Usually they happen over the ocean in the afternoon after a storm, and with rather cloudy backdrops.

EDIT:
Bohemian Rhapsody is playing on VH1 Classic right now, with the Wayne's World clips included. Oh crap, 90's nostalgia overload. Friday always rocks on VH1C. Awesome background music all the time.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:14:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #89866 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:10 pm »

http://www.hulu.com/watch/403318#i0,p0,s23,d0

I found this kinda funny, and the "have some self esteem" message seemed to help a bit, honestly.

Sorry if non American posters can't see hulu.com.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #89867 on: September 28, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »

Just as I was starting my day today, a random storm appeared during a rather clear sky, and before leaving for a really short work day (no more than an hour and a half of it, mercifully, especially since the rest of the week's long days), I was greeted by a double rainbow on a clear blue sky backdrop, both clear as day. Took a couple pictures of it before leaving. It was pretty awesome.

Never thought I'd see a morning rainbow over the mainland. Usually they happen over the ocean in the afternoon after a storm, and with rather cloudy backdrops.

EDIT:
Bohemian Rhapsody is playing on VH1 Classic right now, with the Wayne's World clips included. Oh crap, 90's nostalgia overload. Friday always rocks on VH1C. Awesome background music all the time.

Double Rainbow!
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89868 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:34 pm »

The Secret Service didn't exist until 1865, but Davy Crockett was there and he helped restrain the assassin.
Our Presidents have gotten significantly less badass over the years. Well, other than Harrison Ford in "Air Force One". And Joe Biden is pretty badass for hitting on that biker chick with those big dudes on either side of him.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #89869 on: September 28, 2012, 12:31:21 pm »

I'unno. GWB's shoe dodge was pretty impressive, comparative to the less rough age we live in.
Although maybe it's just because I have shit reflexes, and would likely not have noticed shoes thrown at me until I was prying them from my face :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89870 on: September 28, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »

Spoiler: Yeah, totally badass (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89871 on: September 28, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E:
The link didnt work for me the first time, so i decided to try and fix it. Looks like yours fixed itself.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89872 on: September 28, 2012, 01:10:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E:
The link didnt work for me the first time, so i decided to try and fix it. Looks like yours fixed itself.

Nope, no fix.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89873 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:41 pm »

It's some anti hotlinking measure. If you try to load the image directly, it'll come up just fine, then be in your cache (and thus appear here).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89874 on: September 28, 2012, 01:39:48 pm »

I'unno. GWB's shoe dodge was pretty impressive, comparative to the less rough age we live in.
Although maybe it's just because I have shit reflexes, and would likely not have noticed shoes thrown at me until I was prying them from my face :P

This. For an old guy, GWB was pretty damn ninja about the dodge.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89875 on: September 28, 2012, 01:43:16 pm »

http://www.hulu.com/watch/403318#i0,p0,s23,d0

I found this kinda funny, and the "have some self esteem" message seemed to help a bit, honestly.

Sorry if non American posters can't see hulu.com.
Sooo easy to twist that moral. "Oh, you don't need validation from others, you just need to be full of yourself." :P

I'm actually impressed by that episode, as it's both a newer one and a celebrity cameo one, yet actually turned out quite well written. I liked the irony with Homer's talk near the end, where he identified the problem (using a false name to defend yourself) but of course, being Homer, misidentified why it was bad (getting caught). Lisa's rant at Lady Gaga was great too, calling those out who tell others to "just be happy" while sitting in their ivory towers.

Lots of depth in that episode. I liked it.

EDIT: In fact I think I'm going to cross post it in the cartoon thread and write up a full analysis. I usually only do that for MLP episodes. Consider that an honor, Simpsons.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:55:51 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #89876 on: September 28, 2012, 02:50:27 pm »

So somebody down the hall discovered DF, and got me back into it. I've gone through two or three forts and three or four adventurers. Generating a new world, and look for my typical combination of stuff and don't get it. Being too lazy to challenge myself, I generate another world. The initial site highlighted by my 3x3 area has river, mountain, and heavily forested, with flux stone and multiple shallow and deep metals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #89877 on: September 28, 2012, 03:49:06 pm »

It's Watch-All-Lion-King-Songs-In-Every-Language time again :3

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #89878 on: September 28, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »

So somebody down the hall discovered DF, and got me back into it. I've gone through two or three forts and three or four adventurers. Generating a new world, and look for my typical combination of stuff and don't get it. Being too lazy to challenge myself, I generate another world. The initial site highlighted by my 3x3 area has river, mountain, and heavily forested, with flux stone and multiple shallow and deep metals.
I had to save scum a fort I was playing last night, the doctor didn't like his rock toys getting stolen and started murdering people D:

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89879 on: September 28, 2012, 05:27:46 pm »

Oh hey, new Prequel update. Yay!
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 5990 5991 [5992] 5993 5994 ... 13325