Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5932 5933 [5934] 5935 5936 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798452 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88995 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »

Who still believes Freud's work is still relevant? Most of his theories have already been proven wrong but they still provide some backbone in others.
^See Dad, who took child psychology in the eighties, when I guess Freud must have still been a big deal.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88996 on: September 20, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

Who still believes Freud's work is still relevant?
Because diiiiicks.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88997 on: September 20, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »

Who still believes Freud's work is still relevant? Most of his theories have already been proven wrong but they still provide some backbone in others.
^See Dad, who took child psychology in the eighties, when I guess Freud must have still been a big deal.
Wut, Kagan's theories just came out in the 70s and should have been taken over by then

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88998 on: September 20, 2012, 03:05:34 pm »

5): my father, while reasonably intelligent when forming opinons, has no concept of the difference between an opinion and a fact, which makes talking to him aggrivating, not unlike trying to talk to a brick wall about Human Rights.

To be honest, I think this is a very common problem people have.  I think the world would be a better place if more people realize:

1)  Your brain is constantly lying to you.
2)  Just because you have a thought, it doesn't make it truth.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #88999 on: September 20, 2012, 03:06:00 pm »

Who still believes Freud's work is still relevant?
Because diiiiicks.
And your mother.

Freud was pervy that way.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89000 on: September 20, 2012, 03:08:38 pm »

Valve is indeed making an alternative to Win 8. First version of the steamcomp in 2013.

Link.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:17:22 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89001 on: September 20, 2012, 03:11:03 pm »

Valve is indeed making an alternative to Win 8. First version of the steamcomp in 2013.

[u=http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/valve-hardware-jeri-ellsworth/]Link[/u].

I don't see where in the article it says anything even close to that.  Still interesting read though!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89002 on: September 20, 2012, 03:11:03 pm »

How'd you mess up a link that badly? :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89003 on: September 20, 2012, 03:18:36 pm »

[u=http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/valve-hardware-jeri-ellsworth/]Link[/u].

I don't see where in the article it says anything even close to that.  Still interesting read though!
Me neither, I read a dutch article that stated that article as it source. Read the english article later. Don't know where they got it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89004 on: September 20, 2012, 03:36:43 pm »

3): English is a weird fucking language that is more similar to spanish than any of the logical languages like French (conquered for a bit), German (language family), or Norse (England originally colonised by Norse countries). Why is it so close to Spanish grammar wise then?

Arguing time! No it isn't. It isn't close to Spanish at all. At least not compared to German or Swedish, in my experience. How do you figure?

Also, "originally colonised"? There were some colonies/overseas rulers for a while. Únless you are referring to the Angles/Saxons coming from modern Denmark, in which I won't argue against it other than semantically, as "Norse" generally refer to the Nordic tribes at a later dates, and it wasn't colonisation as much as it was invadimmigration. Nit-Picking Man awaaaay! ;)
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89005 on: September 20, 2012, 03:37:16 pm »

French? Logical? Ha!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89006 on: September 20, 2012, 03:40:36 pm »

Yeah, English is far closer to German than to the Romantic languages. I think the confusion might be over the number of (typically more modern) words that are adopted into Spanish, e.g. "computer" -> "computadora". I can't remember the term for this off the top of my head, but it has nothing to do with how the language itself is structured.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89007 on: September 20, 2012, 03:41:45 pm »

Many neologisms originate in english, Spanish is far from alone in this.
This is a blank sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89008 on: September 20, 2012, 03:42:22 pm »

As I always say. French is just bastardised Latin with a German accent.

* scriver hides from both Frenchmen and Germans

Yeah, English is far closer to German than to the Romantic languages. I think the confusion might be over the number of (typically more modern) words that are adopted into Spanish, e.g. "computer" -> "computadora". I can't remember the term for this off the top of my head, but it has nothing to do with how the language itself is structured.

...But...but... Ordinador?
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89009 on: September 20, 2012, 03:44:27 pm »

...But...but... Ordinador?

Directly from latin.
Pages: 1 ... 5932 5933 [5934] 5935 5936 ... 13325