Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5917 5918 [5919] 5920 5921 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796659 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88770 on: September 18, 2012, 01:37:45 pm »

The weather is getting hot and wet again. About time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88771 on: September 18, 2012, 01:44:23 pm »

I.... a criminal client (who was totally not gonna get off scott free and knew this from the beginning) was... appreciative...? ???

Sounds like someone regretted or was remorseful over whatever transpired.

But yeah, there are good people out there. Unfortunately for whatever reason, a number of them are criminals.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #88772 on: September 18, 2012, 01:47:00 pm »

I saw a hummingbird outside. This is the first time I've seen a hummingbird in real life (or at least examined one close enough to know what I was looking at). It's like a tiny bird version of a bumblebee.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88773 on: September 18, 2012, 01:48:53 pm »

Now I'm imagining a huge hive of hummingbirds. Complete with a parrot or something as a queenbird.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88774 on: September 18, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »

Still problems with the local spacetime effects though. Such as possibly frying everything inside with Hawking radiation, the fact that you might not be able to send information forward in the direction of travel even inside the bubble, and the fact that you're going to be massively distorting spacetime in the vicinity as you travel (and in one model, generate a naked singularity at the front edge of the bubble in motion).
What could possibly go wrong?
Admittedly, having a naked singularity essentially act as your spaceship's hood ornament is pretty damn boss. Makes for a hell of a cowcatcher too.
Makes me think of Weber's Path of the Fury. Starship drives are just that; at one point a corvette suicide-attacks a BC by ramming it head-on, destroying both completely. The big, bad missiles are singularities strapped to targeting computers. All that and the story itself was entirely a tight-focus character piece with essentially zero major fleet action. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88778 on: September 18, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »

I'm really glad Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden existed, to inspired this wonderful shit.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88779 on: September 18, 2012, 03:17:03 pm »

"Too much pork in Angry Birds #muslimrage"

That just made my day.
Oh god, some of these are awesome.

I'm having such a good hair day. No one even knows. #MuslimRage
Get angry when the self proclaimed MSN Messenger pops up. There can be no other Messenger!
Lost your kid Jihad at the airport. Can't yell for him.
Cannot say hi to Jack inside a plane.
Ramadan in Iceland when days are 23 hours long
When I wear a white hijab to a TV interview with a white backdrop. #floatingHead #MuslimRage

This is effing brilliant. Simultaneously mocking the idea and showcasing humour, modernity and humanity. This has made my day.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #88781 on: September 18, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »

Now I'm imagining a huge hive of hummingbirds. Complete with a parrot or something as a queenbird.
Funny thing, as part of my universe I use to come up with ideas and such for, back in the day, I came up with a bird race that worked similar to the Covenant in Halo, except in bird-species classes, similar to this structure. Hummingbirds were small and frail, but fast, and extremely well-coordinated, and because of their unique coordination abilities, they're solely responsible for flying boomerang blade-craft, which are engineered in a way that allows their ships to cut other ships apart by spinning motion, much like a boomerang flies. They're mostly used for shredding capital ships via 'melee contact'; kudos to a sturdy skeleton, and diamond-tipped wingtips encompassing the entire wingspan.

Of course, with the said race, they all fly ships modeled after different bladed weapons, as part of their gimmick; and all ships are made to go full-contact when going at ramming speed, as well as augmented with jump jets across the fuselages in order to orient their ship in a manner as if they were being swung by the gods in mid-air. In traditional combat for them, they rely mostly on melee-contact methods (mostly a cultural thing), but they are also armed to the teeth to take out other ships the standard shooting method (You can say they were also inspired by the Yehat and Pkunk). Besides some aerial melees for most of them to be designed around, some are also massive invasion craft that fall from space and demolish cities by hitting the ground hard, sending out a bunch of bombs within a radius, and then activating their anti-infantry and anti-air cannons as the rest of the invasion forces come down from the sky; and those are the first 2 minutes of their strike. Such a strike is remniscant of the beginning of Chronicles of Riddick. Cities and military complexes fall in such little time.

Naturally, the other species operate as you'd think they would. Falcons and eagles are the commanding officer league, owls are wise magicians and seers, and also lead commanders with an Oracle title, Parrots are diplomats, and so on and so forth. They were quite fun to work on in my free time; especially where their weapons and ships were concerned, as well as a bit of their culture.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:15:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88782 on: September 18, 2012, 04:13:19 pm »

Are there any things of a feline nature in this creation of yours?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #88783 on: September 18, 2012, 04:17:55 pm »

Are there any things of a feline nature in this creation of yours?
None came to mind, besides anything inspired by the Mrrshan from Master of Orion. Didn't really develop anything on that yet. Besides, the birds usually have enough civil wars and such going on to be preoccupied by them anyhow.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:43:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88784 on: September 18, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »

Oh well.

Anywhozits, Lackadaisy sidecomic FTW.
Pages: 1 ... 5917 5918 [5919] 5920 5921 ... 13325